highlights of the day

Guest D***el B***e

My highlight of the day was last Wednesday in Mexico. Half a dozen cheerleaders of the Dallas Cowboys football team were at our hotel for a photo shoot in the pool. The six girls were later having lunch at one of the hotel restaurant and I managed to introduce myself and got a fantastic selfie with two of them out of it. Wooooheeeeee!!!!

Well my Highlights Of The Day began on Thursday

Went to get my mail, and amongst bills and junk mail was a Birthday Card from a Very Special Lady...brightened up even more a good day

Then today a Happy Birthday thread, started by Someone Special and getting birthday wishes from a lot of the Lyla community. That's what makes Lyla good, it is a community, not a board. And a Thank You to everyone who posted

Then checked my emails, a lot of special emails today. Also got with Marriott an "Elite Night credit" as part of Marriott Rewards because it's my birthday

And finally, James Bond fan that I am, Skyfall coming on in less than an hour

RG

Watching the snow fall and knowing I'm leaving.... however I did have an amazing mini Vacation in Toronto and it was just what I needed

• Like 1

Having my children and grand kids over for our Easter dinner, watching the kids having fun with the annual Easter Egg hunt is special. The quiet after everyone had returned to their homes is nice also.

Hot pm exchanges with prospective new friends! :)

Always love this!!!

Met friends for our weekly breakfast today

And a friend gave me some venison steaks..got to start working on preparing it for a meal this weekend

Oh and to boot, a beautiful sunny +8 day today...could Spring finally be coming

RG

Thank-you to the nice Lyla gentleman I had a chance to reconnect with this evening. I am always appreciative of great gentlemen. Thank-you!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Clearly the highlight of the day was having 5 Canadian Teams in the NHL playoffs.... hopefully they all go deep and one of them brings the Cup back to Canada.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

I had a great day, I boiled over 80 gallons of maple sap into syrup under a cedar log fire, then after three hours strained the syrup three times, first two times through cotton rags, then the final filtering through heavy felt cones ... and ended up with over 2 gallons of pure all natural dark syrup ... I like darker syrup so I boiled it a bit longer so it gets thicker ... all under a glorious sun, fantastic day all in all!!!

I had a great day, I boiled over 80 gallons of maple sap into syrup under a cedar log fire, then after three hours strained the syrup three times, first two times through cotton rags, then the final filtering through heavy felt cones ... and ended up with over 2 gallons of pure all natural dark syrup ... I like darker syrup so I boiled it a bit longer so it gets thicker ... all under a glorious sun, fantastic day all in all!!!

Ohh, I hope I get some of that syrup some day. Delicious.!!

Had a Wonderful weekend, with a Wonderful Lady

Had a Fantastic brunch with Fantastic friends

Patio furniture is finally uncovered and ready for action

:)

• Like 1

These are more like highlights of the week -

First, having a fantastic lunch with a hobbyist friend a couple of days ago; we had so much fun interacting with a friendly and beautiful waitress;

Yesterday, having a beer and a bite to eat with another hobbyist friend while watching the Masters Golf tournament and a Blue Jays baseball game simultaneously on TVs in a sports bar;

Tomorrow, having lunch with a new hobbyist friend whom I have not met before -- we'll have so much to talk about! :icon_biggrin:

Life is good!

• Like 2