highlights of the day

Had a nice lunch with a cerbie friend, then dropped by an ALO spa to say hello to two lovely ladies and met a long-timed fellow cerb member. It's always nice to put a face to a name! :D

Many thanks to my cerbie friend for initiating the spa visit. ;)

• Like 1

Braved the frigid cold this morning (-22) to get groceries for dinner

Dinner is now in the slow cooker cooking away

And the smells in the apartment...well it smells like a Mexican restaurant

And a bonus, as cold as it is, today is the last day of January

RG

Reading that effective Feb 19th private profiles will no longer be allowed. I think this is a good decision.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Reading that effective Feb 19th private profiles will no longer be allowed. I think this is a good decision.

Just my Opinion

I couldn't agree more. I think this is a great decision.:biggrin:

• Like 3

Guest N***he**Ont**y

It was so easy to modify my profile to remove any information that was personal.

Just got home...was out changing a flat tire on the side of the road after doing groceries. Before I knew it, a nice gentleman stopped to ask if I needed help. I was pretty much done ( being single with no man around has made me more self sufficient with these sorts of things) and asked if I was sure.

As I was leaving, I noticed he left his business card on my windshield wiper. I don't know if it was the sight of a long haired blonde with tight yoga pants and bending over on the side of the road made him stop or just trying to help or both but I did appreciate him stopping. I'm still happily single though. :)

Thanks to all the nice gentlemen out there. We do appreciate you in these situations!

• Like 3

Guest D***el B***e

Had a fantastic weekend. Woke up Saturday morning at my camp in the Highlands of Eastern Ontario and it was -29C on the outside thermometer. We had a quick breakfast and all seven of us got dressed and headed out to a small lake for a few hours of trout fishing. It was brutally cold, we had a few bites, lost some minnows and came back empty handed. We had a shoreline fire lunch, the best hot dogs EVAHH ... The experience is worth it, it makes you forget about everything life throws at you.

Went snowmobiling later in the afternoon, saw a wolf running across a small bay, he was likely scared from the noise of my machine and he disappeared into the bush as fast as I could blink an eye.

I feel refreshed, I feel great, I feel invincible. I think I'll indulge this week ... hehehe

It's cold, snowing out...and I've got a fully stocked kitchen, so I can stay inside where it's toasty warm

Don't even think I'll walk across the parking lot to get my mail today

The life of a retiree

RG

Another of those bittersweet highlights. Tomorrow my parents will move from the house where I grew up.

I cannot count all the happy memories from my time in that house, it is sad to think that I'll never be there again but at the same time I'm so happy to look back and see all my years there, hear all my laughs, see me playing with my siblings and friends, family parties, etc.

I guess it makes me realize I've had a pretty good life :)

Also ... Tomorrow will be a very special day for me, I'm so excited I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep!!!

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h
Another of those bittersweet highlights. Tomorrow my parents will move from the house where I grew up.

I cannot count all the happy memories from my time in that house, it is sad to think that I'll never be there again but at the same time I'm so happy to look back and see all my years there, hear all my laughs, see me playing with my siblings and friends, family parties, etc.

I guess it makes me realize I've had a pretty good life :)

Also ... Tomorrow will be a very special day for me, I'm so excited I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep!!!

I hope your special day is as wonderful as you dream!

Just got home...was out changing a flat tire on the side of the road after doing groceries. Before I knew it, a nice gentleman stopped to ask if I needed help. I was pretty much done ( being single with no man around has made me more self sufficient with these sorts of things) and asked if I was sure.

As I was leaving, I noticed he left his business card on my windshield wiper. I don't know if it was the sight of a long haired blonde with tight yoga pants and bending over on the side of the road made him stop or just trying to help or both but I did appreciate him stopping. I'm still happily single though. :)

Thanks to all the nice gentlemen out there. We do appreciate you in these situations!

Kudo's to the nice peeps who help out !!

and.....GOD BLESS Yoga Pants ;)

My amazing neighbour down the street came and helped my shovel my driveway! Well I had a shovel, he had a snow blower. Hehe. I would have still been out there trying to clear away the 4 foot high pile of ice chunks that the cities plow so graciously left me at the end of the driveway.

Just got a great deal at the new Delta in Toronto, off to see the International Auto show next weekend.

• Like 1

The highlight of today was lunch with my daughter... after that the day just got very ugly very fast.

Guest K***e D****ls

I've only been up for 45 minutes, but this day has been full of surprises. I woke up to not one but two email notifications that gifts from my wish list were purchased by a new gent I'm meeting this week. I have a new flavoured tea in my hand. I just got my new photos back this morning and posted one to my twitter account. The response to my new blog has been fantastic. I have today to myself, so I've got a session with my trainer and then spending time with loved ones. I'd say that's a pretty damned good day!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Just got home and found that my driveway had been cleaned up of all the snow we have had here for the past 7 days. This sounds like my employer making sure that I can get to work for the rest of the week lol. This morning I had to engage the all wheel drive in my SUV to get out of the driveway. I casually said this this morning in the office that I had to 4x4 out of the driveway. Thanks Boss!!!

No highlights to this day and starting to get the feeling this will be an spectacularly bad week.

Guest D***el B***e

I was down today from events at work so I texted by ATF girl. She cheered me up quite easily in ways only she can do it and even offered I swing over so she could put a big wide smile on my face. I was too busy to accept but the simple thought was the highlight of my day.