Members Choice Poll - Sept 5 2011 - Vote for the ladies here

MULTIPLE CHOICE -- Members Choice (Vote for the ladies)  

542 members have voted

1. 1. MULTIPLE CHOICE -- Members Choice (Vote for the ladies)

• Alexandra-Sky
    • Angel Starr
    • AngelaofOttawa
    • Berlin
    • Carley Chase
    • Cleo Catra
    • Elizabeth Saunders
    • Emily Rushton
    • REMOVED
    • fortunateone
    • Gabriella L
    • Grass Hopper
    • Isabella Gia
    • Jessica Massage
    • JuliasUndies
    • Katherine
    • keissy hennessey
    • Kimberly Shea
    • Kyra Graves
    • Luxie
    • Dorinda Bloom
    • Malika
    • Megan's Touch
    • Mia Bella
    • Nathalie Lefebvre
    • Nicolette Vaughn
    • Ottawa Lindsay (aka Emerald Winters)
    • Rachelle Reigns
    • Samantha Evans
    • Sensual Erin
    • Shortcake
    • Sin Cindy
    • Soleil
    • Sophia Varoushka
    • Tiffany Amber

Not that she had to defend herself, but this post from the nomination thread outlines what Erotic Emily feels her contributions are:

Miss Emily took the time to participate in the thread to explain her contributions to the CERB community

by posting the following:

Originally Posted by Erotic Emily

I know I may not have been on and in the cerb community for long, and my contributions may not be public, but i spend hours upon hours every single day speaking to so many amazing curious people. Men and Women, whether it be to come see me, ask questions and the more the better, or to communicate back and forth with people i would never have had the pleasure of having a cerb-ship with I am not at in the least bit asking for this nomination, just want to clarify that although my contributions cant be seen by EVERYONE, I take the the time to reply to and get to know absolutely everyone, 1 person at a time. I give everyone an equal part of me. I am sure someone else will graciously accept this award, but i am forever grateful to Cato for thinking I was worthy and deserving enough....even for a split second! Thank you, xoxoxoxo

So my perception when writing that statement was that Emily does contribute to this community in more ways than simply her marketing, pictures and service and that those claiming otherwise are perhaps being, at the very least, unfair.

I think what is being overlooked here and feels "unfair" is that ALL (most) other CERB ladies

(including myself) do just that:

We spend countless hours responding to private messages on a regular basis (you can also add emails and phone calls for the independent ladies), we provide our potential clients with information about ourselves and about everything else you gentlemen are interested in fiding out (it's what I call being a responsible and effective business woman in order to generate business- I certainly do not see this as a contribution to the community), we give the gentlemen an unselfish equal part of ourselves in many ways, we also spend multiple hours corresponding with gentlemen whether we are going to meet with them or not (I know I do), etc...

I think the general feeling is that the voting guidelines were not respected.

It has nothing to do with the beautiful and sexy Emily ;)

Hang in there Emily! :)

• Like 6

To be honest, I am mortified with this whole thing. I understand most peoples views and opinions, but really, does there need to be this much discussion regarding my relevance here? Do I need to ask to be removed from the poll? I apologize to the voters out there who have voted for me and are being penalized for doing so. somebody said "this is not high school....." yet, it sure is starting to look that way. I am at a loss for words with this one. But I do want to thank everyone for repeatedly saying my name! Keeping saying it! Erotic Emily. Not bad for 6 weeks of learning on here, but I do spend more hours on cerb then anything else in my life. I will keep doing what I do, it makes me happy and those in contact with me happy. Have a sexxxy September! xoxoxoxo

Remember Hun there is no such thing as bad publicity, I guarantee that this discussion has made many people take notice of you......that's a great thing!

• Like 5

Guest W***ledi*Time

I think it's safe to say that the intent and spirit of the guidelines for voting criteria is to make the point that it's contributions to Cerb that should be the criteria for evaluating whether a member is valued or not - and that's it's not their performance and popularity in the bedroom. This is the important distinction to me.

As far as I am concerned, this is

"the LADIES award for SP's who contribute on the site ... This is not an award for best service"
Otherwise, I'm not in the least interested or sympathetic to the use of the phraseology " in the forums and chat areas" as some sort of legalistic weapon of exclusion.

As far as public vs private:

Forums are both public and private (the SP forums are private; the Elite Members forums are private) - should the contibutions of members in these private forums somehow be dismissed from our minds when voting?

Chat is both public and private - why should the contibutions of members in public chat be considered, yet become invalid the instant they go into private chat? And what is the difference between private chat and private messaging?

As far as I'm concerned, contributions on Cerb are contributions on Cerb.

Every single one of us ladies knows this vote is total bullshit.

No offense to Emily herself, as this has NOTHING to do with her personally, but she should not have been nominated, her so-called contributions are the exact same contributions the rest of us make on a daily basis. She has not contributed to the public forums IN ANY WAY. She has not gone out of her way to post or contribute to the public forum discussions and as the rules clearly state, to be nominated you must have contributed in the forums and in chat. Posting ads is not a meaningful contribution, no matter how you want to slice it.

Paint me however you want, at the end of the day, I still stand by what I've said.

This forum has completely devolved into an "us vs them" mentality with a few members derailing important conversations (such as this one) by either completely disregarding our concerns or by trying to paint us as "bitchy" or whatever else.

But let's face it guys, you don't come here to wank off with other guys, you come here so you can interact with all of the wonderful ladies who make up a part of CERB.

Keep pissing us off, and many of the wonderful ladies you see here, won't be here anymore.

• Like 5

It is what it is, a popularity contest and that's always sure to heat things up a bit!

• Like 3

Guest S***dst***

Yowza!

First I would like to point out what has been mentioned perviously, not everyone votes on these or perhaps even know about it.

Second most people don't even visit the general Area or main page of the site. (I know I bookmark Ottawa and so log in straight to that section)

I for one didn't even know about this poll until this year (2 years now 0.o) until I was told about it via a PM from Cato. As was mentioned before (can't remember their name) I just assumed those with the mini bar "nominated" or "choice" were awarded so you could recognize a trust worthy member. (by the Mod...naivity be gone, ingorance truely is bliss)

Most of you won't even recognize my handle, and will probably forget it once this debackle is finished. I would still like to add a few thoughts in here.

Personally, now that I know about this event, I find it distastful. It's a popularity contest regardless of how you title it or the rules you enforce.

I don't need a title or trophy to say I'm "valuable" to a community neither should any of you. It saddens me to see the sense of entitlement everyone is portraying.

It's nice if people think they can trust me/value my opinion but I'm not trying to win a contest when I give my two cents. The satisfaction that someone has taken the time to listen to my story or experience is enough.

Even with a prerequisite for candidates to be nominated (semantics aside), there is no prerequisite for those who can vote (as far as I know) That means anyone can vote for any candidate for any reason.

I do understand the frustration the ladies are putting forth. I can't disagree with them.

However

This poll is based on opinions and perceptions from the memebers.

True that people should respect the reason behind the poll and vote accordingly; perhaps in their point of view they are.

I have voted for the sake of voting and I've chosen my favorite SP's based on who I remember as giving great information, being courteous, helpful or just puts a smile on my face when I talk to them/read their posts.

People will forget your name and actions but people don't forget how you make them feel.

Does that seem fair to the other ladies I did not vote for but exhibit these qualities? That did not cross my mind.

I hate drama...but I like boobies! and each and every lady on this thread have nice boobies:D

Additional Comments:

Let's let this go... book with each other and enjoy what everyone brings to the table. After that, we can all go out and buy me a beer.

if I buy you a beer at the social, will you shut up asking people to buy you a beer? and you call me Pinky if that make you happy:)

• Like 2

There is a simple solution.

We ask the MOD to kill the poll/thread/award... NOW.

Ask yourself, "Is it worth risking the continued health of this community for such a trivial matter?"

Take a few steps back. Hold the poll in December, January... whenever. Clearly define the attributes of a "Member's Choice Candidate" or a "CERB Valued Member" in the interim. If a candidate does not meet the merit criteria, they can't be nominated.

The key contributors will STILL be the key contributors. The most deserving candidates will be nominated, and the eventuality is that someone will get a fancy banner on their profile.

In the meantime, EVERY member is a VALUED member; EVERY provider is a VALUED provider.

Let's let this go... book with each other and enjoy what everyone brings to the table. After that, we can all go out and buy me a beer.

Old Dog is right, this should be fun, not something that is building resentment. Close the poll, wait a couple months, and do it over.

This isn't worth being devisive. We can all take a few deep breaths, come back in Dec/Jan and do the poll again

Good idea Old Dog

RG

I completely agree. One thing I would like to express, I don't think the points here are about losers or winners. I know many contributions to this thread place no ego in this matter. However, I feel a few have prioritized this theory in trying to justify their points. What I am seeing mediates between the id and the superego by building up various defense mechanisms. I take no personal interest in this other than the integrity of this vote and thread. I support the ones that have added to the importance of this award. Many people here have pointed out the logistics, but yet emotion or biast comes into place?

Yowza!

First I would like to point out what has been mentioned perviously, not everyone votes on these or perhaps even know about it.

Second most people don't even visit the general Area or main page of the site. (I know I bookmark Ottawa and so log in straight to that section)

I for one didn't even know about this poll until this year (2 years now 0.o) until I was told about it via a PM from Cato. As was mentioned before (can't remember their name) I just assumed those with the mini bar "nominated" or "choice" were awarded so you could recognize a trust worthy member. (by the Mod...naivity be gone, ingorance truely is bliss)

Most of you won't even recognize my handle, and will probably forget it once this debackle is finished. I would still like to add a few thoughts in here.

Personally, now that I know about this event, I find it distastful. It's a popularity contest regardless of how you title it or the rules you enforce.

I don't need a title or trophy to say I'm "valuable" to a community neither should any of you. It saddens me to see the sense of entitlement everyone is portraying.

It's nice if people think they can trust me/value my opinion but I'm not trying to win a contest when I give my two cents. The satisfaction that someone has taken the time to listen to my story or experience is enough.

Even with a prerequisite for candidates to be nominated (semantics aside), there is no prerequisite for those who can vote (as far as I know) That means anyone can vote for any candidate for any reason.

I do understand the frustration the ladies are putting forth. I can't disagree with them.

However

This poll is based on opinions and perceptions from the memebers.

True that people should respect the reason behind the poll and vote accordingly; perhaps in their point of view they are.

I have voted for the sake of voting and I've chosen my favorite SP's based on who I remember as giving great information, being courteous, helpful or just puts a smile on my face when I talk to them/read their posts.

People will forget your name and actions but people don't forget how you make them feel.

Does that seem fair to the other ladies I did not vote for but exhibit these qualities? That did not cross my mind.

Additional Comments:

I agree with the rest. Let's kill the thread until we agree to disagree and not speculate. This is not fun.

I hate drama...but I like boobies! and each and every lady on this thread have nice boobies:D

Additional Comments:

if I buy you a beer at the social, will you shut up asking people to buy you a beer? and you call me Pinky if that make you happy:)

Pinky, you have my heart.

Additional Comments:

I apologise for this off topic comment but I just cannot resist...

Malika, I have a toy named M.Pinky; I would happily invite Miss Pinky with nice boobies to join the party! :biggrin:

Here's a suggestion. And I'm being serious. How about instead of this whole voting business the awards be based on rep points and post nominations instead. For example at 1000 rep points you get a special little "value member" or whatever icon. At 5000 another little icon thingy and the highest award for 10,000 rep points. Something like that anyway. It seems to me that would be a much fairer, less biased system. And would effectivly avoid this kind of squabbling. Just my 2 cents for the mod.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 8

There is a simple solution.

We ask the MOD to kill the poll/thread/award... NOW.

Ask yourself, "Is it worth risking the continued health of this community for such a trivial matter?"

Take a few steps back. Hold the poll in December, January... whenever. Clearly define the attributes of a "Member's Choice Candidate" or a "CERB Valued Member" in the interim. If a candidate does not meet the merit criteria, they can't be nominated.

The key contributors will STILL be the key contributors. The most deserving candidates will be nominated, and the eventuality is that someone will get a fancy banner on their profile.

In the meantime, EVERY member is a VALUED member; EVERY provider is a VALUED provider.

I have to agree 100%. I believe we need to take a step back because this has turned in to a total disaster and feelings are being hurt and this in not the CERB way. I too hate drama and this is suppose to be a positive and fun thing that we do as a community and I'm very saddened by the way the direction this has gone. It just plain sucks!! I hope this poll gets closed and redone in a few months. The fun has been destroyed and that's not good.

• Like 4

Well one thing is for sure, when we all get older, having sex or talking about the good old days and good times on cerb, this thread will always be in history books....

"Ya remember way back in 2011 the SP Award voting? "

To bad it will be remembered for what had happened.

Daniel17 waving his arms to steal everyones attention to recite a poem and stand on the stage

God is good

God is great

God sometimes watches me masturbate.

Daniel17 leaving the stage to silence...

If I could take my name out of the list of nominees I would. It is completely useless and I no longer want anything to do with it. It is sad to see that many ladies contributions have been overlooked by what seems to be a popularity contest. Congrats to those who have abused this poll.

I agree that it should be shut down and next time there should be certain criteria or qualifications in place for those to be nominated. I no longer wish to appear on these lists again. I will make one last contribution to Cerb at the end of this month.

• Like 2

I just wanted to imput my two sense in thinking that it is extremely WONDERFUL that emily has made enough of an impact here on CERB that she had enough love from all to be nominated in the first place ( should that not count for something)...I think she is wonderful for someone so new and from what I am seeing she is trying her danged hardest to be a big contributer on here!!! It's a shame the road this thread has taken considering all the wonderful women on here in the first place :)......

• Like 4

Sweet baby jeebus...

I highly doubt anyone is looking for any kind of opinion from me, but that's rarely stopped me, so here goes.

I have paid absolutely no attention to this poll. Hopefully, the ladies don't take that as a slight; I just find what ultimately equates a popularity contest unpleasant and childish, and they always generate this kind of mess.

I have been on this board since my birthday, this year. A single dude wanting to enjoy his birthday likely was part of the reason for joining, but an abiding interest in the adult industry and the personalities in it was a greater reason. I joined CERB because I find the topics discussed here, for the most part, fascinating. I would gladly make friendly with any of you over a cup of coffee and just chat. Since that is rarely offered, reading the threads is the next best thing.

A few of the ladies in particular have provided me with interesting reading and generated good dialogue on this board. AngelaofOttawa tops my list, but that's just because we *did* have coffee. ;) All kidding aside, Samantha Evans, Angel Star, Malika, Charlotte, Nikki, Berlin, and *so* many others that I hope are not offended by not being named have provided insightful conversation for all of us to read and enjoy. That's why I still lurk here and occasionally inflict my version of insight into the threads.

I have nothing against Emily. I would like to (nudge nudge wink wink). I like attractive young women with tattoos, and she seems to genuinely have a great personality. However, her contributions are one on one and out of the public eye. So, I can't speak to their value, though I'm sure they're great. If this poll is about individual, subjective opinion of one on one interactions, I don't think it's anything more than a popularity fiasco. The community is grown and nurtured by the public contributions that are made, despite the parallel value of what is shared privately between members. I can't learn from what I can't see. I'd love to learn more from Emily, as I'm sure many others would.

I'm not voting because I think it would be an unintended slap to all those other wonderful and brave women who share their experiences with us openly, and I'd hate to be perceived that way.

• Like 3

The manner for which I decided for whom to vote was not the quantity of public posts but rather the quality of posts. By quality I mean how useful or informative the posts were (in public or private) and how much her or his posts made cerb a more joyful and friendlier place to be in 2011. And I voted for the top three in ladies and gents category (which means many of those that I didn't vote for still were friendly and great contributors but we all agree votes should be limited). These were my criteria for deciding whom to vote for.

I always thought of this process as a fun good feel game when we get the chance to express our appreciation. In my wildest dream I could never imagine hurt feelings and I am sadden to see this happening. Personally it wouldn't make a difference to me. I was voted the runner up valued member last year and less than 10 votes this year. I am equally happy if not more for all those who got more votes than me and glad to see their contributions appreciated.

I may have the answer to all of the hussing and fussing...

I think it is important to keep in mind that Erotic Emily has probably (and I say probably cause you cant see who voted for who) had the support and votes from all her fellow coworkers (Kenndi, Angelica, DDDpleasure, Jayla Fierce, Cheryl etc.... ) and her bosses 2 accounts, (paradisespa and angels touch).

We cannot fault anyone for supporting their team, I would do the same for my staff.... but that should shed some light on the voting polls as they stand now. If you take that into account, Angela of Ottawa and Samantha Evans are the true leader in the polls. Nothing against you Emily, Im sure you are fabulous and that next year you will be a strong contender if you keep up your contributions to the public side of the board.

Good luck to all the ladies in the running!

• Like 9

I apologise for this off topic comment but I just cannot resist...

Malika, I have a toy named M.Pinky; I would happily invite Miss Pinky with nice boobies to join the party! :biggrin:

yes please! Where do I sign?

Actually I sent the MOD a big fat cheque and asked him to skew the numbers a little.... There's always some behind the scenes things going on guys! :sadomaso:

Additional Comments:

I'm just making a joke btw....

• Like 1