Members Choice Poll - Sept 5 2011 - Vote for the ladies here

MULTIPLE CHOICE -- Members Choice (Vote for the ladies)  

542 members have voted

1. 1. MULTIPLE CHOICE -- Members Choice (Vote for the ladies)

• Alexandra-Sky
    • Angel Starr
    • AngelaofOttawa
    • Berlin
    • Carley Chase
    • Cleo Catra
    • Elizabeth Saunders
    • Emily Rushton
    • REMOVED
    • fortunateone
    • Gabriella L
    • Grass Hopper
    • Isabella Gia
    • Jessica Massage
    • JuliasUndies
    • Katherine
    • keissy hennessey
    • Kimberly Shea
    • Kyra Graves
    • Luxie
    • Dorinda Bloom
    • Malika
    • Megan's Touch
    • Mia Bella
    • Nathalie Lefebvre
    • Nicolette Vaughn
    • Ottawa Lindsay (aka Emerald Winters)
    • Rachelle Reigns
    • Samantha Evans
    • Sensual Erin
    • Shortcake
    • Sin Cindy
    • Soleil
    • Sophia Varoushka
    • Tiffany Amber

I knew something nefarious had to be going on, cap. How else to account for this result?? Thank you for explaining it to us. LOL

Seriously, if I may state 2 basic principles, as I understand them:

1. All members may nominate any other member according to their own interpretation of the rules, without seeking anyone else's permission or approval. Here we assume of each other that all are acting in good faith and without ulterior motive. We have to give each other that much credit.

2. All members may vote for whomever they like, according to their own preferences, without being challenged, second-guessed, or having their motives questioned by other members. It's called respect.

Then we live with the result. Whether we like it or not. It's called democracy, and that's the other thing this poll was about.

I nominated several women for this poll, and never intended to promote any single one. I have not even stated my own voting preferences in public, All I have said is that I firmly believed that all the women that I nominated were in one way or another worthy nominees, at least worthy to be on the list. I also never intended to cause controversy or to distress anyone, and am sorry if this has resulted from anything I said or from the vote.

I will leave this now. Thank you.

• Like 3

I knew something nefarious had to be going on, cap. How else to account for this result?? Thank you for explaining it to us. LOL

Seriously, if I may state 2 basic principles, as I understand them:

1. All members may nominate any other member according to their own interpretation of the rules, without seeking anyone else's permission or approval. Here we assume of each other that all are acting in good faith and without ulterior motive. We have to give each other that much credit.

2. All members may vote for whomever they like, according to their own preferences, without being challenged, second-guessed, or having their motives questioned by other members. It's called respect.

Then we live with the result. Whether we like it or not. It's called democracy, and that's the other thing this poll was about.

I nominated several women for this poll, and never intended to promote any single one. I have not even stated my own voting preferences in public, All I have said is that I firmly believed that all the women that I nominated were in one way or another worthy nominees, at least worthy to be on the list. I also never intended to cause controversy or to distress anyone, and am sorry if this has resulted from anything I said or from the vote.

I will leave this now. Thank you.

Members can nominate "according to their own interpretation of the rules"? Give me a break! The rules are pretty straightfoward and it definitely doesn't say "interpret this however you please!"

• Like 9

Members can nominate "according to their own interpretation of the rules"? Give me a break! The rules are pretty straightfoward and it definitely doesn't say "interpret this however you please!"

Well going by the rules I would suggest that there is room for interpretation. Especially when you pay close attention to the following, specifically the bold portions.

The SP-AWARD (Pink One) is for the ladies who are part of our community here on cerb. A recognition award for the ladies who take time to participate and contribute in the forums and chat areas.

This is not an award for best service (that is what the recommendations sections are for) this is a award to recognize the service providers who join in the conversations, help answer some questions and give you a little view into the other side of the business!

After reviewing Erotic Emilys posts, etc. I see that she has replied to threads, joined in conversation as well as posted her advertisements. I do not see that a member must have a certain amount of posts in order to qualify. So, in a way this is an interpretation whether we like the interpretation or not.

• Like 6

Guest Ou**or**n

Obviously mod felt that all the nominees met the criteria as he's the one that accepted them and created the poll.

I believe this discussion is a good example of democracy in action. Multiple sides are sharing their opinions in an articulate manner. When opinions clash we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that it is all 'negativity' and close down the thread.

Many have posted and then reposted later stating that they have learned from reading further comments. I think one of CERB's strengths comes from its variety of voices.

Okay, I've only been here (exactly) a month, so I may still have my rose-coloursed newbie glasses on, but this thread is ... strange to me.

Is this really what cerb is?

In a month, I've seen nothing but love, encouragement, support... incredible sex... seems to me that that's what cerb is about. Not this bickery hurty stuff.

At the science blogs I read, internet polls are mocked mercilessly for being unscientific, poorly worded/constructed/defined, and generally a bad metric for anything. I think we're seeing why now.

You can't force a square peg into a round hole, and this kind of poll tries to make a net into a ladder.

Then again, I'm new - far be it from me to pontificate on what cerb is. I could be wrong, but this whole thread seems ... wrong somehow.

I leave the last word to the experts. Without people, you're nothing.

Mod,

I hope you keep this poll going, you are busy enough with other things and if the there was rules that required to be changed prior to the poll, that is why you have a council. Nobody objected to the members to vote on.

That council should be a lot more proactive looking at matters such as this, so there would not be any issues, after all I'm sure the council members in this poll and that are adding to the thread, should be looking at next years poll with guidelines and rules for eligible members.

@CMJ the ladies that are members(employee's/work for) at Paradise and Angels touch AND are paid advertisers here on the board, so why can't they vote? Guess it worked in someones favor, and I guess it has been one hell of a marketing tool for Angels and Paradise, because this lady in question IS busy, AND she is tied in the lead in the poll.

I see both points with people here, but would this thread even started in Emily was in third? fifth? tenth? I say NOT, and because this thread had started, and continues she is getting more votes based on the fact some thought it was not fair, she was in question.

We say it is community? She works in Ottawa of course, guess she really does not feel welcomed by some, like in fact maybe going to the social? Meeting others?Has one of you even thought of sending her a message and seeing how she is doing? Did you not think she had been genuinely hurt by this?

One thing is for sure, she will busy at Paradise because we have all gave her public acknowledgement and I'm happy for her, and I hope she is the busiest lady in the weeks to come, she deserves it, regardless how many posts she has.

• Like 5

@CMJ the ladies that are members(employee's/work for) at Paradise and Angels touch AND are paid advertisers here on the board, so why can't they vote? Guess it worked in someones favor, and I guess it has been one hell of a marketing tool for Angels and Paradise, because this lady in question IS busy, AND she is tied in the lead in the poll..

I am very curious as to where in my post you see me say that they can't or shouldn't be able to vote? Please do not put words in my posts....

I said.... and in a very diplomatic and unbiased way....

"I think it is important to keep in mind that Erotic Emily has probably (and I say probably cause you cant see who voted for who) had the support and votes from all her fellow coworkers (Kenndi, Angelica, DDDpleasure, Jayla Fierce, Cheryl etc.... ) and her bosses 2 accounts, (paradisespa and angels touch).

We cannot fault anyone for supporting their team, I would do the same for my staff.... but that should shed some light on the voting polls as they stand now. If you take that into account, Angela of Ottawa and Samantha Evans are the true leader in the polls. Nothing against you Emily, Im sure you are fabulous and that next year you will be a strong contender if you keep up your contributions to the public side of the board.

Good luck to all the ladies in the running!"

Correct me if I am wrong but I just pointed out the obvious in hopes that it would give some comfort to the people who are upset about this. I could care less to be honest. I think its important to acknowledge that this has upset many of the long time, real contributors to this board - they see the poll as a farce and their opinions should be respected.

Anyways, I am glad that this type of advertising and marketing has worked for Paradise... I am glad that they are finally getting noticed and are attracting some talent. Its not my style but hey, to each their own.

Again, good luck to all the women in the running. And I look forward to finally meeting everyone at the social.

Edited by CMJ
changed the word post to vote

Unfortunately, this is no longer a vote for the favorite SP. It is a battle between two warring factions. Sadly, this means that no matter which lady wins, it isn't a personal victory. I guess the most tenacious group will conquer!

• Like 3

As a matter of fact, I did PM Emily! :) I apologized to her for all of this, I gently explained where I was coming from, I congratulated her on her graciousness through all of this and I let her know that my intention was never to make her feel badly.

However, and I am very saddened to say this. She is now afraid to post. She said she's been encouraged by others to start threads and respond, but now she's gun-shy, and who can blame her? This really bothers me. Again, I am very sorry for upsetting the wonderful atmosphere that has developped over the years on this wonderful board. All I was doing was trying to speak up for those who were too polite to do so. And I remain steadfast in my opinion. But it's still just a matter of opinion. Some agreed with me, and many did not. But does that mean my opinion of those who disagree with me deserve to be thought of any differently? I say no. I've honestly enjoyed reading all of the opinions of everyone, and have grown from many of them.

Again Emily, I am so very sorry that you were unwittingly thrown into the middle of this. You did not ask for it, nor deserve it. Please join us in posting Emily. The rest of us really want to get to know you too. :)

It saddens me that she's now considering not posting :( that anyone should feel alienated here for no just reason is unacceptable for this site. If she were rude or confrontational with other members that would be a different story. But even considering the direction that this thread has taken she's managed to keep her head and remain respectful. That in itself speaks volumes to the kind of person she is. I've never met Emily and may never meet her as I don't visit MP's, nothing against MP's, I'm sure they're wonderful providers, it's just not my preference. My point is that I'm not speaking out of any preference for Emily and am just going from what I've seen here.

I won't get into whether or not she should have been nominated. But that anyone should be made to feel like they shouldn't post without just cause saddens me. Emily if you're reading this, rest assured that this is just one thread among thousands. In a few weeks it'll be just another forgotten thread. Don't let a silly little thread bout a silly little contest ruin what could be a great experience for you. I can already tell that you will have a lot of useful and insightful input and given time could be a true "valued member" in the truest sense and I'm not referring to a little icon under your name :p. Xoxo

Posted via Mobile Device

I think some are missing the point, IMHO

Was Emily deserving of nomination, two members nominated her, so yes

she is deserving of nomination...getting nominated in itself an honour

Is she deserving of votes,yes, she got the votes, so yes

But if she is deserving of the votes she got, there certainly are other ladies on this board who have made many more, IMHO, contributions through posts, pm's, in chat (so I've heard, I don't do chat myself), some by setting up, and others participating in group memberships, and these ladies are upset not so much what Emily has done to rise head and shoulders so much so to be given special notice, but why they aren't given the same acknowledgement and respect for their contributions, because by the same token, they also have risen head and shoulders above other members...why aren't they getting the same consideration

Frankly I'm kinda confused by all this, and it certainly has put a complete

damper on what should have been a fun process

And it really is unfair to Emily too, she didn't do anything to deserve being put in the middle of this firestorm. Did all those who voted for her versus another lady consider that in their voting.

Now this vote will be one of those votes with an * beside it

Some thoughts

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
  • Like 1

I'm going to call it like it is here because I'm tired of pussyfooting around on this issue. I will say it diplomatically because I don't wish to start a war here so I will tread lightly.

Emily is just a puppet in all of this and she has been nominated not because she is a valued member ( she is new here so let's be honest) but for other reasons that people want to use to their advantage. Someone else is pulling the strings. She has been put in the middle of something that now has her afraid to post. I'm sure she is a good MA and knows how to handle her business. The fact of the matter is she does not have many posts and has not contributed the way other ladies have. And let's not argue about PMs or advertising being considered a contribution. It's not! It is about taking time from your own schedule to post your own feelings and opinions that are publically posted that makes the board what it is. If she sticks around, I'm sure in time she will be considered a true contributing member. I have nothing against her and again, this isn't about her.

This is about a shift in the board and I truly believe this poll has been purposely thrown to screw up poll results. Why? This is all about egos and it has become a male v.s. female dynamic here. I feel many want us to be seen but not heard. I have seen it happen on other boards as well. It's all become about screwing up a good thing.. Cerb was not like this a year ago. Many people don't want to see Cerb succeed due to their egos and their need to want to control everything. This isn't a man's world anymore and the ladies are here to stay. There you go.... finally someone said it!

• Like 5

Guest W***ledi*Time
... no matter which lady wins, it isn't a personal victory. I guess the most tenacious group will conquer!

Samantha Evans leads this poll. Samantha Evans has had nothing to do with the poor behaviour here. If Samantha Evans wins, it will be a personal victory and a richly deserved one that is completely independent of, and untainted by, this pitiful squabbling.

Guest W***ledi*Time
Of course Samantha deserves to win but in this he against she fight she is but a pawn.

meg, I'm puzzled as to how anyone who has not herself become involved in the in-fighting about Emily, and has never been mentioned in connection with the in-fighting about Emily, can be viewed as a pawn in it?

Edited by W***ledi*Time
removed ill-considered wording - thanks for pointing this out Gabriella

I equate this thread to the picture below because that is what it has become...a car wreck!

2245084-xs.jpg

How can a thread and by default an award for excellence come off the tracks so much by a community of adults that we claim to be? I say we all need to take a step back and apologize to ourselves, the community and each other!

If I can intervene WIT, I think Meg is trying to say and to which I agree, is this vote has now turned into a game of chess. This has nothing to do with Samantha that is highly regarded on this board and has taken no participation in this vote that has now turned into a boys against girls mentality. The votes no longer have meaning anymore if I can speak for many of us and the facts were stated many times by many members but the point was missed. This is now just a game.

As well, I have nothing to gain by providing my insight but am starting to wonder about the intention of how this all happened?

Guest W***ledi*Time
...This has nothing to do with Samantha that is highly regarded on this board and has taken no participation in this vote ...

Yes, that's my point exactly. Samantha is leading the poll and if she wins, her award will be deserved and untainted. My vote for her does have meaning.

Guest E*******h S******s

I respectfully suggest that you speak to Samantha to find out how she actually feels rather than how you think she should feel with respect to this poll. You might be surprised.

I agree it is a unfair advantage with multiple accounts. We had one lady removed back in a earlier poll as she was making fake accounts and padding the votes. This is not the same as each of these accounts is a paid account belonging to a real person.

Yes, I think it is a little unfair but I will let council decide for future vote polls and for now... lets just let the poll run it's course as we have 3 days left in the voting.

Absolutely! She's got my vote as an amazing contributer as well as a many others that have been so insightful on this board and have given their time away from this business to enrich the community. That's what it's all about. Glad we agree WIT. ; )

Guest W***ledi*Time
I respectfully suggest that you speak to Samantha to find out how she actually feels rather than how you think she should feel with respect to this poll. You might be surprised.

You will please kindly note that I have not stated anything regarding what I think Samantha should feel about anything. I hope I am never that presumptive.

What I have stated is about me. My vote for Samantha is about her personally, and no one can tell me otherwise. A vote for Samantha has nothing to do with the current squabbling.

I am sadden to see Erotic Emily removed from the poll (likely upon her own request being treated the way she was!!). When a clear leading contender is removed from the poll, the poll or the real members choice loses it validity. At least in my eyes. Sad.... :(

• Like 1