ladies just a reminder

I had a thread on this awhile back. It is not cool to call or text a client out of the blue.

Tonight I got a text asking if I was ok for an incall tomorrow.

I was lucky my SO saw my BB flashing she said I think your phone is blinking or is it mine we have same phone unfortunatly.

To just text a client in this manner should not be done.when a lady does this she is putting some of us in a possible akward position. I was with this SP Fri she said I will text you next time I'm doing incalls. I asked her not to as I has an SO . I said you can PM me if you want but don't text

So for this SP I can not see me seeing her again because of this incident.

Ladies if you feel the need to tell us you are working POST on CERB or if you have been told you can PM then PM but please do not TEXT asking if I'm avaliable for and incall OUT Of the Blue

Respect our privacy like we Respect yours

Posted via Mobile Device

This sucks, did the lady address you by your name? it could have been an honest mistake. I can't count the amount of times my phone has dumbed out on texting several contacts at once or sending all drafts randomly.

Well, you know what? Julia's here to help! Chin up, it'll be alright now.

Understood that many Sp's require a phone number to book, in this case get one!

Don't let someone or somethings mistake take you out of the guilty pleasure game.

Sp's usually have 2 phone's, one for business and one for private life. Make sure to cover your butt and get yourself one of them shiny new 40$ disposable phone's with a pay as you go feature.. Leave it at work or in a locker or wherever, so this won't happen again and voila! You just saved yourself and your So a messy and expensive divorce just like that.

You should also clear it up with the lady to make sure just in case it was an honest mistake, it would be a shame to let a good one go.

Edited by JuliasUndies

I had a thread on this awhile back. It is not cool to call or text a client out of the blue.

Tonight I got a text asking if I was ok for an incall tomorrow.

I was lucky my SO saw my BB flashing she said I think your phone is blinking or is it mine we have same phone unfortunatly.

To just text a client in this manner should not be done.when a lady does this she is putting some of us in a possible akward position. I was with this SP Fri she said I will text you next time I'm doing incalls. I asked her not to as I has an SO . I said you can PM me if you want but don't text

So for this SP I can not see me seeing her again because of this incident.

Ladies if you feel the need to tell us you are working POST on CERB or if you have been told you can PM then PM but please do not TEXT asking if I'm avaliable for and incall OUT Of the Blue

Respect our privacy like we Respect yours

Posted via Mobile Device

I am so truly sorry. It is not a practice a reputable SPs would resort to. When the time is appropriate, please let her know she made a terrible faux pas.

cat

Edited by cat
error in spelling.

Guest k***na
I am so truly sorry. It is not a practice a reputable SPs would resort to. When the time is appropriate, please let her know she made a terrible faux pas.

cat

I totally agree with you on this one, Cat! This is a big NO-NO unless told otherwise. To text a client randomly can cause way too many problems.

Not a good idea on her part

This sucks, did the lady address you by your name? it could have been an honest mistake. I can't count the amount of times my phone has dumbed out on texting several contacts at once or sending all drafts randomly.

Well, you know what? Julia's here to help! Chin up, it'll be alright now.

Understood that many Sp's require a phone number to book, in this case get one!

Don't let someone or somethings mistake take you out of the guilty pleasure game.

I agree with Julia , there has been PLENTY time I have accidentally texted the wrong number ! With the amount of people who contact a SP in the run of a day , sometimes it can be confusing , and it is understandable how you could text the wrong number by mistake !

I do apologize on the behalf of SP's all over , because it is VERY unprofessional and out of the normal for a SP to intentionally contact a client at random.

I do hope that you can still enjoy the services from some of the lovely SP's posted on CERB , and hopefully this post will have some impact on SP's & ur problem would be cleared up , xo !

I totally agree with you on this one, Cat! This is a big NO-NO unless told otherwise. To text a client randomly can cause way too many problems.

Not a good idea on her part

Absolutly, if I have permission to call a clinet I do so at the exact minute I was instructed to do you. If I am five minutes late I lose. I would way rather miss talking than put my client in a position of feeling insecure and even worse having to explain to his S O.

This is just bad for everyone involved. This is why we can PM each other. Yes sometimes we can miss a date but how important is this when we think of the consequence our client may have to face.

We are here to make our clients life just a little nicer, never to hurt or make then have to answer questions that didn't need to be asked in the first place.

• Like 2

I I asked her not to as I has an SO . I said you can PM me if you want but don't text

Posted via Mobile Device

This alone should have been enough for her not to text you, period.

Very tacky and unprofessional on her part, I would say.

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you, Cheek.

• Like 1

This is very unprofessional of the lady part. I am glad to hear that it didn't cause you any griefs.

But as Julia say it can also be a mistake. It did happen to me once that I texted the wrong person and I never felt so humiliated in my life!

When I see someone, I will always ask them first if I can keep their phone number save in my phone...but people at the end kinda have the same name...I am sorry guys but in English you aren'T really bless with original name, John, Doug, Dave, Joe etc...so when I have more then one I will put john (insert cerb name here), john (insert cerb name here) and it can happen that you misplace the person...

But a cheap pay as you go phone is always the best solution!

Thanks for the comments it was just a reminder this has happened only twice.It was no accident I told her not to text she did same last week I was at work no big deal but after that I asked not to if a SP feels the need to Keep the phone number fine but don't use it unless the Client is ok with using the number anytime

20 plus yrs Hobbying I have not had to explain to anyone something like this don't want to start now. The way text was written written I could have gotten out of easy because of my line of work but would prefer no to have to find an excuse.

Posted via Mobile Device

Being single thankfully this is not something I have to worry about you. I quite enjoy getting a text from a SP. Not a text for the purpose of soliciting me, but rather the random "Hey, how have you been?" kind of text. Those always bring a smile to my face. One of my favorite SP's has been going through a rough time lately and I've made it clear to her that she can text me or even call me anytime day or night if she needs to talk...but then again I'm single and live alone.

I completely hear where the OP is coming from. Not only was it a breach because the SO was around but also because she was texting for the purpose of soliciting....this would piss me off on both counts. I think Malika had a good suggestion, get a cheap pay as you go phone you use solely for hobbying, and keep it off when around the wife or even better keep it at work or something.....not saying this is the OP's fault in any way, she should not have texted him out of the blue without a clear invitation to do so as I have described in my current situation, but getting a separate phone for hobbying could potentially solve a lot of problems.

We live in a tech age, so these things happen, and all the gals don't always follow the rules. Those that know me probably wouldn't text me but know they can contact me if they chose.

I think you have to bear a great deal of responsibility here. You have accepted the risk of participating in this activity and haven't taken the precautions necessary to protect yourself. Having a pay as you go disposable is a must. Having identical phones around is crazy, if it wasn't a text, she might have just as easily taken a look at your history which you would have to explain. The more you have to make up stories for the SO the greater the chance you'll get caught.

As JuliasUndies wrote get a hobby phone and leave it at the office.

Boomer Well when your told not to text you should listen as for my history it is always deleted and SO is not tech savy

I take every precaution another phone maybe but it is simple if your told not to the No is No I will simply see Ladies who respect the rule there is more of them than the ones who don't

Last Friday the SP in question was told not to text she said ok but I guess if you need money you will do what ever for some

Posted via Mobile Device

Boomer Well when your told not to text you should listen as for my history it is always deleted and SO is not tech savy

I take every precaution another phone maybe but it is simple if your told not to the No is No I will simply see Ladies who respect the rule there is more of them than the ones who don't

Last Friday the SP in question was told not to text she said ok but I guess if you need money you will do what ever for some

Posted via Mobile Device

Suggesting ways to protect yourself is not blaming you for her behaviour. It's wrong for people to enter the homes of others without permission, but hey, I still lock my doors at night!

cheektocheek, sorry to hear about this. Agreed, it's really not on. But hopefully it's rare - I've never experienced it myself, although this may be because the only SPs who have ever had my number are on CERB, and I *know* they know better :) Anyway, you're quite right to sever all contact with anyone who texts you out of the blue.

Regardless, I'd agree that a separate PAYG phone is definitely a good idea, provided the SO never finds it (but that's not too hard, is it? Provided you keep it turned off except when you're actually using it?). I do this, and also have a separate email account for my CERB-related activities, and I don't even have a SO to hide things from. But then, I am perhaps unusually paranoid :) And I do my random chatting with people via email rather than on the phone.

Cheektocheek, while I will agree with your post that, unless prior arrangements, direct contact like that is just completely wrong, I would caution your use of the word 'respect'. Respect is a two way street and perhaps you should consider you use of it. That is all.

c2c, there is absolutely no reason you should have to go to the trouble and expense of a 2nd phone due to someone's inability to be professional.

I posted this caution on another thread, basically texting is EXACTLY the same as making a phone call EXCEPT anyone can read the other side of the conversation. AT least if someone calls you up out of the blue in an inconvenient time, you can say wrong number and hang up, or not now I'm busy, I'll call you. A text that uses terms like "incall" and no doubt "hun' or "baby" is unexplainable.

There is nothing discrete about texting, yet time after time I see the same rationalization that it is. But more and more I am seeing exactly this kind of complaint from clients because of that presumption.

Sps who wouldn't dream of calling a client out of the blue will send texts at inappropriate times. So all you need to do is ask yourself, if you wouldn't phone that client with that information at that time, then you should NOT be sending a text either.

• Like 1

Not cool man. Not cool. There is no justification for this kind of unapproved solicitation. Even those who do not have a current SO do not normally advertize the fact that they hobby. The ramifications of such a text at the wrong time could range from embarrassment to disaster depending on the situation. Should not happen ever.

Definitely agree this should never happen but the point is to build in another level of protection for yourself. Too close for comfort. At a minimum, you could put a sticker or a piece of tape on your phone so your SO is less likely to pick it up by mistake. Having an inexpensive separate phone that you can hide away and rarely turn on (and erase when you are done) seems like an even better idea.

Thought this was common sense...guess not! Even if I have been told that I could call or text anytime, I wouldn't dream of it. If you want to see me, you will decide when and contact me. Kinda reeks of desperation to feel the need to contact a hobbyist.

Tacky and ghetto. I would never dream of doing this. I only reply to texts sent to me, i would NEVER engage the convo first, for fear of major repercussions for my client. Practices like this is what makes clients apprehensive about giving their information out, which makes screening harder and therefore all our lives more difficult.Not cool.

• Like 1