What do you love about Cerb? What makes you keep coming back?

In an effort to inject a bit of much needed levity, I am putting the question out there. What makes you happy while surfing Cerb?

I, for one, enjoy the comraderie, the silly threads as well as the serious thought provoking information found here.

Please share your fondest Cerb memories!!!

• Like 9

That is a good question Meg, I love coming here and read what ever any Cerbies has to say and look at the pics of all the sp's, ma's famous or new on the board. I love exchanging pm's with my friends and all the ladies here.

Reply to general discussions and post jokes sent to me by friends and also to look and post on the fripple thread.

• Like 2

1. Reading about and reporting on amazing sexual adventures.

2. The friends, and the possibility of making new ones. Greeting newbies.

3. The social groups, for fun interactions and pictures

4. Exchanging pm's and guestbook messages. I like the feeling of connectedness.

• Like 4

The excitement of seeing new pictures, reading opinions and views on various subjects; sexual and non-sexual and the whole community feel to it.

I'd like to participate more in replying and posting to threads but my general nature of being an observer with little posts here and there gets the best of me.

• Like 1

First thanks Meg, a much needed thread and reminder why we are here

I share Old Dog's sentiment...it's the sense of community, no I'll go further, we are a community, not just another board.

And we are a community, where else do members wish one another happy birthday, congrats on post counts etc. When one of us has a certain challenge to overcome, or has overcome and tells us, we are supportive. And socials, which not bring one another together, but also contribute in the case of the Christmas social, to the kids Christmas toy drive

I first came here when I was thinking about venturing into this lifestyle. I learned a lot, and in pay it forward philosophy, when I feel I have something to offer someone else who is learning, I offer my opinion

I also enjoy the lighthearted aspects of this community, such as the music threads and jokes, and threads like the I Like/Positivity thread

We should focus on the positives of CERB. When posting, be respectful of opinions different than yours, and by the same token, don't post opinions which are in tone and or word disrespectful.

But aside from some hiccups lately, I like this community, and I'm here to stay

A long winded rambling

RG

• Like 2

Inspiring conversations, mostly about sexuality, with real, thoughtful, experienced, and considerate people. Some of whom I actually get to meet!

This isn't the only board on this subject I visit, but it's the only one I post on. What sets CERB apart is its lack of silly posturing, indignant chest-beating, snide backhands, and fits of rage either slow-cooked or flame-roasted. (And I've got to add: the stupid, arrogant, shameful misogyny that this industry seems to bring out in some men who post elsewhere.)

CERB sets a considerate rather than confrontational tone, but that doesn't mean we're all timid little mice; just that we can talk about sensitive and complex issues like adults. People can share ideas openly and we can differ respectfully and without feeling threatened.

I suppose I should put "mostly" in front of a lot of those. Nothing's perfect. I've only been here intermittently for the last while and I missed some of the recent bumps into the road. When I started to read threads about them I had to go hunting 'til I could finally go "ah, I see." But there are lots of good folks still manning the walls, shouldering tools and working to repair the place (witness this thread!), and I'm thoroughly optimistic, and still completely enjoying my time here.

I really value CERB as a place to join in quality conversations about grown-up stuff, especially sexuality. I value that there are men here with all kinds of different experiences and approaches to this industry and their lives.

I value even more that there are women here who share things helpfully, frankly, and thoughtfully, with input that's informed by experience, and in a voice that's not solely concerned with constructing the most effective business persona. Within certain practical bounds, I think the women here contribute truthfully, and don't just tell the men (who might be prospective clients) what they want to hear. At least, it seems that way to me.

It's because I think my fellow members are being reasonably honest, and thinking before they post, that I find many threads here valuable and meaningful. And that's what keeps me coming back.

• Like 6

Eight posts so far, all with good and positive reasons to love and keep coming back to CERB. Let's dwell and focus on the positive, there is lots more of it, than there is of negativity.

And again, thanks Meg for starting this thread.

And thanks to all CERB members who have contributed to making CERB the positive community it is

RG :-)

I come here for answers to my dumb questions, a feeling of comradarie, acceptance and of course to advertise. That's pretty much the least important though.

Even when there are blips on the radar this place is still a very warm, loving community.

*big hugs*

I love cerb!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Please share your fondest Cerb memories!!!

The memorable cam show by a certain member *cough*antlerman*cough* and what keeps me back is the promise made for a repeat performance.....

• Like 1

Yep, what others have already said. What's great for me is having a community where I can find out the answers to questions that you just can't ask anywhere else - and also, sometimes, when you don't even know what questions you should be asking the answers will arrive anyway.

• Like 4

What keeps me here and what I love about CERB?

The way in which CERB provides us all with a place to co-exist in a way that other social settings don't. What I mean by this is that, because of the way that some of us are forced to keep our hobbying or our work secret from those with whom we have personal relationships, CERB is essentially providing us all with an opportunity to relieve some of the burdens that come with keeping secrets.

Doing this in a place where so many others have similar experiences, fosters an environment where community and friendships are inevitable results of a space that encourages respect from the hobbyists for the SPs and vice versa

• Like 8

Cerb is indeed a place that in some yet unfathomable manner indeed keeps me coming back.

For me it has become a community of friends. I do very much recognize its role as a means for clients and SP's to meet and communicate in a business sense, but as much as some do not wish to speak about it, Cerb is also a place where friendships are forged.

The atmosphere of the board is generally positive and uplifting. The conversation and discussion goes ever so much further than sex. I think to the role of Cerb members in helping that young man get his lifetime dream of a hot air balloon ride. What about the toys collected for children at the Christmas social. The Cerb community educates about legal issues, and helps to break the stereotypes about sex workers in our society. It is a place where a hug or kind word can be given or asked for unconditionally when needed. It has supported people who are going through difficult times, whether it be illness, personal issues, or addictions.

I throughly enjoy logging on each morning with a hello in the shout box, and seeing the same from others. The little PM's and guest book entries that arrive unexpectedly are always things that brighten my day.

The humour provided by people such as Old Dog, Roaming Guy, Lee Richards and others makes me smile. The educators, and I think of Wrinkled in Time, Samantha Evans, Gabriella Laurence, Nathalie LeFebvre and Elizabeth Saunders and others who challenge me to think and learn have helped me to become a better person. When so many people play so many roles I can only appreciate and be thankful for their contributions to me and to the community at large.

In person I have met some amazing people, men and women alike. In every circumstance these people have had an impact on me, and the impact has invariably been for the good.

Oh yes, and there is intimacy. Cerb has been a means of exploring and realizing previously unexplored experiences and fantasy. It has been incredible.

I have had a very difficult past twelve months and I do attribute much of my healing to Cerb members who have been supportive to me through it all. As I have been helped along the way, so too I hope that I can help others as well with whatever contributions I can make.

So Cerb, I shall keep coming back and I dearly wish that the spirit of comradarie and tolerance and patience continue and even improve for the benefit of all of us in this remarkable community. We are unique.

• Like 3

What I like about Cerb? The social gathering of like minded people, sharing the stories, thoughts, concerns and interests.

The women, ah can't forget all them and the way they creative the great ads they make to get your attention. They are a joy to read!

I can't forget to mention the beautiful and sexy photo's that are posted by the ladies, I enjoy all the imagination that is done with them.

The topics in the threads are fun and educational to read, as are the comments that are posted on profiles.

As a shy person by nature I know this site has been wonderful and very helpful. I tend to ignore the negitive stuff, and try to remember all the positive people in the cerb family. Great idea for a post Megforfun, especially this time of year.

Cheers

• Like 3

This website really makes this hobby comfortable for me. I'm a shy and cautious person, so this website makes me feel much more at ease in connecting with SPs. And they've all been great. The women I have met through CERB have all been lovely professional ladies. The communication this website encourages really helps me connect with SPs who are right for me. The communication is also much more humanizing, which is what I prefer. I like the feeling of connecting with a great woman and not just "renting a body". So CERB promotes intimacy in more than just a physical sense of the word.

The selection of SPs is also great. I see more great women than I have time, money, and energy to meet. And I'll also say that just knowing all these great women are available to me is really nice. I come on here and read the ads even when I am not looking for an SP in the near future.

It's also nice to come in the message boards and talk with you guys either about issues directly related to the hobby or about other subjects.

So yeah, I started this hobby back in the summer (2011) and it's been great thanks to CERB and all the great people who make it what it is.

• Like 5

Guest W***ledi*Time

There are a great number of things that I like about this board.

But I'll pick the one that keeps me coming back so regularly, as opposed to the array of other things that are indeed just fine, but that would warrant (for me) only the occasional drop-in and look-see.

The one aspect of Cerb that's of the greatest interest to me on a day-in, day-out basis is the ability for everyone here to communicate with each other about this business and pastime.

The ladies can tell the clients how and (especially) why they conduct their business in the precise ways that they do. And the gents can tell the ladies how this all looks and feels from the clients' perspective, and why. Careful reading and reflective thought on any subject that has meaning for me is something that I cherish immensely wherever I can find it.

As in all facets of life, there's a wide variety of approaches and philosophies, and it's educational to read and understand these different ways of looking at things, both from the providers and their clients, and to see how this colourful diversity of views fits within the body of immutable, time-tested core essentials that are necessary to make this as safe and as respectful an undertaking as possible for all involved.

Sure - when that door clicks shut the "real fantasy" (ha ha) begins - and thankfully there's plenty of fantasy and flirting and good-natured hijinx here on Cerb, too. It only makes sense that it should be so, and it's very very enjoyable. But the ability to take advantage of this goodwill as a springboard into conversing about the more serious stuff in an "off-the-clock" situation, and in as openly (but considerately) as possible way, is the thing that makes things really uniquely click for me.

I've been on the board for over three years now, and I confess to often suffering from the "I've said it all, and I've heard it all" syndrome. But, human affairs being as nuanced as they are, that's also often precisely the time that another member will chime in with a new little thought that makes me realize that I'll never have heard it all.

This complexity also happens to remind us that we're all in this together, despite the fact that we play different roles. The richness of the exchanges on this board underline that both ladies and gents are human, and, being human, we all have the feelings, vulnerabilities, insecurities, strengths and funny foibles that make life worth living.

For me, it's about knowing that I am not alone out there. I am not some sort of sexual deviant for having normal human desires for companionship and well....sex. There are thousands of "normal" like minded people out there with similar interests who aren't afraid to talk about it, even if it is in this somewhat anonymous setting.

I also like staying informed about all of the current issues that pertain to this hobby.

Cerb has also helped me to see the sp's as "real" people with the same wants, needs, likes, dislikes, desires, etc as everyone else.

Thanks to everyone for making CERB such a great place.

• Like 5

Why i keep coming back to cerb? Well they are many reason but mainly it's for the wonderful ladies of cerb. Being a shy overweight guy who doesn't like is body and is not the most comfortable in a social setting cerb allows me to communicate freely with the ladies with no fear of jugement cause here every shape and size are accepted. Most often you get to talk to the ladies through pm or thread before hand, wich is more easy then a face to face first meeting.

my fear of rejection is non existent cause we are all are for the something. i'm a man who loves sex and intimacy but outside of this community it is virtualy nil. but here i have talk too and spent time with some amazing woman, that i would of never had the chance to elsewhere.

so for me, cerb is a therapy of sort. cause before i started hobbying and meeting the ladies of cerb, i never would of attended a social gathering full of people unknow to me. but this past month i attended the christmas social, even do i was the shy one in the corner and didn't mingle with the people alot; i did meet and talk to members and ladies wich help me get out of my shell more and should be better at the next one.

so in other words cerb is the reason i have a sex life and is starting to be less shy. so thank you lovely ladies of cerb for helping a shymale.

• Like 3

There is definitely something that draws me to Cerb, I do drop by often. Let me see.....

1) In enjoy going into the chat room, to see how is around, and while I don't often lead a conversation, do enjoy joying in.

2) To check on what is the topic of the day, enjoy reading many of the insightful comments.

3) Allows a great openness in an area that is often socially taboo.

4) Love to see what ladies are around and about.

5) The social contacts that have developed and to see if they are around.

So, many good things that draw me in. It is a great site for us to communicate and find out what is going on.

• Like 2

Why it is the wonderful people from all walks of life ..... and it makes me smile and happy when most likely I wouldn't have been smiling before I became part of the Cerb community ! Like right now :) The odd time when I wasn't smiling reading a thread I just took off my rose colored glasses and I was just fine again.

I look forward to having more fun and laughs in 2012 and to getting to know the friends I have now better and meeting new friends !

• Like 1

In this site, we can feel a since of belonging. A source of strength when we need it. I feel as though this is a huge family, from one coast to the other.

As an SP, and before I came to CERB, I felt very alone. It is not just anyone whom I could be honest with what I do. Always having to live that "double" life. freinships were hard to come by as I would have to worry about " what if they find out?" But now I have all of you, and know that when I need support and advice or just something simple like cheering me up when I feel sad or alone. I am so greatful to be here!!

In the morning, CERB is the first thing I look at, even before my first coffee! It gives me so much more than just a source to make a living, but true friendships and guidence.

• Like 4