About a week ago, I decided to try the Crest 2hour whitening system. I read the direction carefully, and any of the warnings. All seemed fine, so I went ahead and used them.

Now I have very sore and inflamed gums:( Obviously putting a damper on some of my services enjoyed;)

I would like to know if any other's here have experienced similar affects from this product?

I am going to be getting to a dentist soon, to see what is happening. But till then taking Advil, and gentle mouth wash. It is a miserable feeling:(

Any home remedy's care to share to sooth my mouth?

Wash your mouth with warm water and salt

If using a commercial mouthwash, stay away from those with alcohol. Besides being a no no for a non drinker like me, I've been told they have a tendency to dry out your mouth whereas a non alcoholic mouthwash doesn't do so

RG

• Like 2

I have had my teeth done in the dentists chair and then took the home kits to re do after 6 months. I have never run into a product from the dentist or the drug store that does not produce some level of discomfort.

The only pain free way to go is have it done with the light at your dentist. A little pricey but what a difference.

They also have independent teeth whitening outlets now... "Quick Smiles" comes to mind. They use the blue light in conjunction with a teeth whitening gel which works wonders. I was in the chair for only 20 minutes and could see a noticable difference. It only cost $99.00 + tax. I've never used the white strips though...

I have severe reactions to the whitening systems and I rinse with the consumable aloe vera gel from Walmart. Just swish for about a minute and swallow! I use it every 2 hours until things feel better...

cat

• Like 1

Just a suggestion, have you tried toothpaste for sensitive teeth?

If not this could be a cheap and easy solution for you.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your help everyone!

I am now not even feeling well enough to work at all. Even a massage right now seems difficult:(

I just hope I can get better soon:( Hope this is tempory issue and not a long lasting expensive dentist trip!!

• Like 1

Just swish for about a minute and swallow!

The 13yr old boy in me got a chuckle outta that....sorry had to share.

You can try baking soda or hydrogen peroxide as a home remedy for teeth whitening after you heal. Read up on them and don't over-do it.

To make the improvement last, avoid smoking and coffee. Geeez, just shoot me.

Well, had a tough night. Could not sleep well, as my mouth was so sore:(

I have used all your suggestions, and must say they were all good suggestions too! Certainly helped to take the edge off.

I have Dr. appt today:) Hope just an easy solution to this painful experience!

I can not belive they can even sell this crap!! OMG...never ever again!

One good thing came of this however! I have been trying to get a family Doctor for 3-4 years here in Freddy....I had given up looking over this past year. Now, just got one:) Very pleased with that!

So how did everything go? Hope you're feeling better now!

Thanks for asking.

I went to the Doctor today.He seems to also believe it is from the product. It is burned, inflamed and from this has caused an infection. So now on antibiotics, prednazone and a medicated mouthwash.

I am still in great deal of discomfort, but do feel on the mend. I have had only one dose of each, and already began to feel improvement.

After this is healed, then I will visit with my dentist to further explore if any damages have occurred. This is a very upsetting experience indeed! I am glad I reacted fast enough so that infection did not spread further.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune and suffering, Sophia. But I am glad to hear that you are feeling better already after seeing the doctor and taking the medication. This seems to me a rare adverse reaction to some of the ingredients in the product or it could be simply a bad lot.

I would suggest that you write to or phone the company to complain or advise them of your problem making sure you give them the lot no. etc. You might also want to alert Health Canada and report your problem. If you google the product's name, adverse reaction, complaints re. this product etc., you might also be able to find out if this was an isolated case or not - and if not, what have other people done about it.

Hope this helps and that you are on the road to a full recovery.

• Like 1

Just swish for about a minute and swallow! I use it every 2 hours until things feel better...

Context is important :)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about what happened Sophia, I hope the doctors get you all patched up and you feel better soon :)

• Like 1

I just wanted to bring this back. I myself have found that the at home whitening kits don't work for me. I'm subjectable to getting stains on my teeth and the only way to get rid of them is a good cleaning at the dentist. Having just had a cleaning, I want to avoid red wine, grape juice, etc. However, do you guys know of anything to keep the purely whites, white. I've heard of special tooth brushes and there's of course going back for a cleaning every six months. What do you guys to to keep your teeth white in-between dentist visits?

Guest **cely***r***ne

I make a paste with baking soda, coconut oil and peppermint essential oil...

While waiting for my oral surgery I have found this to help keep my mouth healthy, shiny and almost white.

I make a paste with baking soda, coconut oil and peppermint essential oil...

While waiting for my oral surgery I have found this to help keep my mouth healthy, shiny and almost white.

All Hail coconut oil! I am trying this! Let ya know how it works out!

Guest **cely***r***ne

I use it for everything. They need to start selling it in keg sizes.

All Hail coconut oil! I am trying this! Let ya know how it works out!

I use the following products -

Philips® - Sonicare FlexCare Premium Toothbrush 2 Pack -

available at Costco.

350-382245-894__1.jpg

together with - Crest 3D White toothpaste

3D-White-Vivid-Toothpaste.pngand with a visit to the dentist every 6 months like you've mentioned, it seem to keep my teeth healthy and clean.