What was the last thing you purchased?

A gluten-free cookie bar as a treat for one of my favourite waitresses. It was Customer Appreciation Day at the club, and I may have gotten the theme wrong.

Anyway, she wasn't in until later, so I asked one of my other favourite waitresses to give it to her. She got a bit pouty until I reminded her of the many ways that I'd already shown my appreciation to her.

A pony panel.

The power went off in my garage over the winter and it was an old armoured cable buried underground. My sparky wouldn't touch it, so I had to dig an 18" deep trench from the house to the garage so they could wire me up. I now have 40 amps running out there that I can upgrade if I need to. This is for my workshop, but I think that should be enough.

$1500

#ouch

I recently bought a refurbished MacBook Pro (mid 2010) 13 inch laptop. At present it is 2.5 GHz, 250 GB HD, and 4 GB RAM. It is also running the latest OS Sierra 10.12.8 with ease. With the exception, Microsoft PowerPoint (2016) will not load. So I will need to upgrade to 8 GB RAM. (Max RAM it will take is 16 GB).

I am amazed at how much better it is than the Dell PC I bought last year. It is starting to die now that the warranty has expired. (The LCD display has a pink tinge when it heats up, among other problems...)

I am so happy with the MacBook Pro. Even with its limited resources. It out performs my old Dell PC.

I wish I had switched to an Apple/Mac computer years ago!