Location Preference

I find that many out of town ladies/agencies book average hotels in downtown. Problem is that for those driving in need more time during the day - traffic/parking issues. It will be nice if a nice hotel is booked by these ladies/agencies with easy access/parking then for a person like me can even step out of the office for a quickie. Though not sure if the downtown location provides this opportunity to the office workers in downtown.

Other issue is that the reception is always staring in these places while going in/out. Just writing this to take perspective of clients/ladies/agencies - all views welcome!

I recall some discussion about hotels in another thread where it was said that there's a hotel or two where you can completely avoid the reception on the way to the elevators. Try searching this section of the forum.

What do you mean by average hotels downtown? Most look quite decent. Regarding your another point, ya, choosing a location can't make everyone happy.

I usually prefer downtown as I live close by. The traffic is generally never an issue for me as I only book either late in the evening or on weekends. Fortunately there are a couple of hotels near my place as well that both the locals and out of towners frequent as well.

As for being viewed by reception, I usually just smile or say hi to them if they notice me. Don't consider it a big deal if they see me and don't really care either. :)

Regarding the "Front Desk Inspection" keep in mind this is a government town. Everyone is always checking their smartphone.

When you enter the hotel, phone in hand, locate the elevators. Proceed directly to them while checking out your phone. You will fit right in!

• Like 2

Other issue is that the reception is always staring in these places while going in/out. Just writing this to take perspective of clients/ladies/agencies - all views welcome!

Well just a quick observation, made it before. Don't worry about walking by the reception/front desk. Hotels are in the business of providing rooms to men and women, and those working at the front desk probably see hundreds of people a day, maybe even thousands in prime holiday season. It probably seems like they are staring only because you are somewhat self conscious about why you are there

Just don't go up to the front desk and ask what room the lady you are seeing is in. First, you know her by her alter ego name, not her real name, which is the name she checked in under. Second, the lady doesn't want it known to the hotel that men are coming to see her. Be discrete, blend in like you belong there

RG

Great advice in the previous posts.

If you rush in with your head down, you'll look suspicious. Keep in mind that in 4/5-star hotels, the staff will go out of their way to greet you. Simply smile and nod.

• Like 1

Exactly,

And in the larger hotels there are conferences, meeting rooms, restaurants and bars ... all of which bring people in off the street, and people that won't be immediately recognized by the front desk staff.

In small hotels, with less daytime traffic, the front desk can sometimes be an issue. But in larger hotels, should never be a problem. Head to the elevator like you owned the place.

Porthos

I often find during the daytime, hardly any staff or they are busy with other things, liking nodding off,drinking coffee or with a customer, never had an issue with front desk staff small chain or larger hotels in Ottawa.

I find the cleaning staff on just about every dam floor I go to when visiting, I just simply smile and say "Good Morning" Like I'm on a mission...then again....I am :)

• Like 1

I find the cleaning staff on just about every dam floor I go to when visiting, I just simply smile and say "Good Morning" Like I'm on a mission...then again....I am :)

lmao!! I thought I was the only one getting to know all the cleaning staff! Run into them on the way in. Run into them on the way out! Like Pete, I just smile and say "G'day!". And my smile is bigger on the way out. :)

I think that parking is the real issue here. If your sp is booking into a hotel that parking is crazy to find, yes that can be an issue for you. I dont really know the hotels in Ottawa that you are referring to, but yes, if you have to spend 20 minutes finding a parking spot and then it takes you 10 minutes to walk to the hotel, your quicky is now an ordeal. Great point when I am booking a hotel in a city I am travelling to.

Meaghan

xoxo

I find that many out of town ladies/agencies book average hotels in downtown. Problem is that for those driving in need more time during the day - traffic/parking issues. It will be nice if a nice hotel is booked by these ladies/agencies with easy access/parking then for a person like me can even step out of the office for a quickie. Though not sure if the downtown location provides this opportunity to the office workers in downtown.

You could always use the underground parking at the hotel... If that doesn't work for you, maybe taking a taxi would be best if walking is also not an option.

Sometimes I think that a "guilty conscience" make it seem worst then it actually is (I don't know how to explain it better).

You have been given a few tips on that- be on your phone and avoid eye contact with the reception staff or simply smile and say hello. Besides, no one is going to stop you and ask you why you are at the hotel. Just look like you belong and you will be ok ;)

Using the underground parking at the hotel is a good way for you to avoid reception all together- if that helps you feel more at ease before (and after) your rendez-vous, go for it.

I agree Gabriel about the underground parking. When I use to have my SUV I did park in the underground parking facilities a lot.

But since I upgraded to a 2012 TRUCK ( I love it ) it just doesn't fit underground, as some underground parking facilities might only have a clearance of 6'.

When I know I have a date, I leave early and drive until I find a spot without having to park too far away. It always has worked out for myself, if I'm a little late with my date I will text/ call to keep her updated.

Guest happytimes

Good point Meaghan. I drive a vehicle that won't fit in most underground parking, so I need street parking. I never know how far from the hotel I will find a spot. Most street parking is max 1 hour, so I make my last call to the SP just before I pay for parking. Now I am in a rush to get down the street to the hotel and into the elevator. It probably looks like I'm training for the Olympic speedwalking team. I cannot book any longer than 1 hour with the lady. At the end of a good session I have to rush back before I get a ticket. I got a ticket once with 3 minutes left, but I wasn't going to fight it. I hate being rushed by a parking limit. Recently I found some street parking that had a 2 hour max; much better but hard to find. I would much prefer a hotel out of the downtown core with their own parking. This would make the whole experience more relaxing and enjoyable. I don't understand why so many SP's stick to the downtown hotels. Does any body know?

Posted via Mobile Device

I find alot of the bigger downtown hotels offer more discretion and they tend to be nicer. I have booked in smaller motels where the client can park outside of my room, so there are no issues with elevators, staff, etc, but they are not as nice. The beds suck and they typically have roudy guests. When I book a hotel, I really want a nice bed, not just for my guys, but there is nothing like sleeping on a nice bed when I am not at home. I have a great bed at home, so sleeping in a crappy bed just doesn't do it for me anymore. Also, the downtown hotels are generally easier for others to get to.

Good point though. When I book a hotel, parking is my most important issue (well, besides the bed). Dont care about restaurants and stuff. Well, a pool and jacuzzi and work out room is a nice bonus, but not my main focus.

I usually suggest using a taxi in this case when you are time pressured and parking is an issue. This way you can jump into the taxi, with no worries then jump back into a taxi for your return. Most hotels have a taxi stand right there so there is no wait time:)

I live in Kanata, to and fro to downtown in cab will set me back by $100.00.

Going for an hour's appointment, I need to find a spot which allows 2 hour parking, often these are far, then walk/run to be in time, fully stressed out.

I like hotels like Travel Lodge close to 417, easily approachable from all corners of the city and with lots of parking, nice rooms/beds. I have met several nice indies there. Going to this place for an hour, means you only need an hour plus the travel time.

Edited by randy36

Guest happytimes
I live in Kanata, to and fro to downtown in cab will set me back by $100.00.

Going for an hour's appointment, I need to find a spot which allows 2 hour parking, often these are far, then walk/run to be in time, fully stressed out.

I like hotels like Travel Lodge close to 417, easily approachable from all corners of the city and with lots of parking, nice rooms/beds. I have met several nice indies there. Going to this place for an hour, means you only need an hour plus the travel time.

I agree Randy. I much prefer larger hotels close to 417 with easy parking. It makes the whole experience of getting to a SP less stressful. For me, parking is a major concern, so I don't like downtown. How many other hobbyists feel the same way as Randy and I? Perhaps a pole would answer this question.

Posted via Mobile Device

I spend so much time travelling I have no problem walking around hotels and looking like I belong.

Another consideration if visiting a lady in a hotel is that this is their home away from home. They will likely consider factors like;

- whether they feel safe there.

- ammenities like restaurants, bars, gym.

- loyalty programs.

- discretion for them and their guests.

- etc..

I think as a customer if you had a particular difficulty like parking, feeling like your monitored...then I would politely mention it to the lady. As this feedback may help her in finding a different place next time.

Ok, off to the hotel.

Cub

• Like 3

Perhaps a pole would answer this question.

Posted via Mobile Device

I apologize for being a nerdy speller.

A poll might answer this but not a pole - that's something a stripper dances on.

I don't know of any "nice/classy" hotels off of the highway. If you wish to meet at a Travellodge type of venue, then ok. I, personally would not book such a place to entertain a guest (yet I might stay there ona personal trip for economic reasons).

• Like 2

In Ottawa I always park in the hotel's underground parking and I never had any problems, especially when I compare to Montreal (what a headache it can be sometimes overthere). Just today, I spent $140 in parking (including a parking fine)

As much as I love the Hilton Lac Leamy and although it's probably one of my favorite hotel in the NCR, I freaking hate the way they set-up the parking: soooo far from the main entrance lol! You think I sound lazy? Well try to walk that with a paire of 5" heels!

• Like 1

I don't use hotels for my incall location very often, though I did all the time when I lived in Toronto. Then as now, I only used four- and five-star hotels. Never a Travelodge, never a motel. Clients' comfort is important to me, but nothing is more important than my safety and security. I have every reason to believe that the best hotels will offer the best protection of my privacy, my personal information and my guests' discretion.

Never forget: Innkeepers and prostitutes have been in cahoots ever since the first practitioners of the world's oldest profession needed a place to work.

If there's a back entrance that will allow someone access to the floor or hallway where I would have a room, I won't be staying there. If it's too easy for someone to come in and go out of the building, sight unseen, it's not a safe place for me. Rest assured that every reputable, top-notch hotel has security cameras in all public areas, entrances and exits. This matters because, while you may be the finest gentleman in the city, others are not up to par. I am not taking the risk that someone may post a note on some board somewhere announcing that I'm staying at a particular place in a specific room and that it's possible to get in and out undetected should anyone care to show up for a late night surprise party or gang-bang. And yes, there are far too many men who would do exactly this kind of thing. Trust me: I'm a professional; I know these things.

In good hotels, staff see most things and say nothing as long as the clientele aren't setting fire to the drapery or roto-tilling the carpets. If innkeepers ask a lot of questions about guests' visitors, they'll soon have fewer guests.

While you're there to have an illicit meeting with one of my lovely colleagues, many other men are spending time with a mistress or girlfriend. My point is: people go to hotels to have sex with other people all the time, every day. Behave properly, don't cause a fuss or a disturbance, treat the lady well, enjoy yourself and relax.

• Like 7

Dress to impress,text your SP lady when you are 10mins away or close by, find parking, walk with confidence but dont look around like manic, be nice and friendly if you encounter hotel staff and have fun.

If you arrived at hotel early, dont wait in the lobby ,Go to hotel bar or go grab a coffee/tea. Dont text/call the SP every 30seconds. Give enough time to get her ready.

• Like 1

i live in the country hate the city for parking and the traffic

i love to see more ladies at the hotels by the airport

no traffic and lots of free parking