Where have you felt more at home or at peace with yourself?

For me I feel most at peace when I am at home sitting in my backyard and looking at the stars. I love having a fire and listening to the radio (mainly Coast To Coast AM) and looking up at the stars.

I know that I'm most likely not the most best spoken, but I am a pretty simple girl who likes to watch the stars. And I am a nerd who likes to listen to alternative talk radio. :)

So, cerbies, where are you most at peace with yourself??

• Like 2

There is so much in my life that gives me joy and peace.

But I really like my alone time. To refelct on what I need to do next, or what has happened already.

of course laying in the arms of my love.

and napping with my poodle, lol...

• Like 1

I don't have a place.

Home for me is wherever my feet bring me.

I swear wanderlust is my middle name. I have an urge for freedom and travel that will never go away.

I feel more comfortable and more at home in small one apartment in Aberdeen where I spent two days or camping in the Sahara in Morocco where the world seem to stop.

• Like 2

I am also like Malika, I feel most free and at peace when I am traveling. I do not fly to far away lands, I much prefer to travel by motorcycle around North America. The most peacefull feelings I get are from riding the great twisty roads looking at the scenery under a perfect blue sky or watching the dancing flames of a campfire under the moonlight.

• Like 2

Anywhere there are dogs. They are comforting, always welcoming and never judgemental. Plus alot of fun and very interesting to watch. Every place is made better if there is a dog in it:biggrin:

• Like 5

Where I feel most at peace with myself is probably at home.

In particular I love the fact that it is a rural property with the chance to have mega bonfires and on a nice evening with a new moon I get opportunity to simply sit and relax and watch as the flights to Europe pass over, with the Milky Way totally visible and stars beyond stars shining in the sky.

• Like 1

that is where I feel the most at peace, because when I walk through that door, the time that I am there is all about me. All my worries, stress, anger, etc I leave that at the door and for 1 to 3 hours nothing bothers me. My warrior spirit (for lack of a better term) gets to be free.

• Like 1

Laying in my big cozy bed, looking at the mirror beside it. I like to watch the view of the city from my high rise, watching the planes come and go and listening to various channels on the radio. I also enjoy old fashioned radio lol, something about having a local dj mix your playlist really satisfies me :) they always know what song I need to hear!

Also having the mirror beside my bed gives me entertainment for obvious reasons! Lol xo

... That or being home in nova scotia. Being surrounded by trees is the most peaceful safe feeling ever!

• Like 1

At 24,000 feet with unlimited visibility crossing the Rockies in my airplane. With the exception of the occasional communication with Air Traffic Control it feels like I've escaped the day-to-day bustle of life and the scenery is spectacular.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Killarney Primative Park where you see the stars after a sauna and a swim.

Where I feel at peace?

Very similar to OP except maybe not looking at stars (the shining moon and black sky at night scares me!! A childhood thing) but looking through my noise-proof windows and see half the city below me and the cars without hearing the noise. The red, yellow, white, blue, ...... lights, the green Gatineau hills (or snow covered) and the Parliamemt hill and the Ottawa river and the peaceful city of Ottawa as long as I am up there and not below and part of it (especially driving) gives me a peaceful feeling.

• Like 1

I have at least two places I could think of at the moment where I feel more at home or at peace.

First, sitting on the deck in my backyard surrounded by trees, flowers and shrubs in the summer and watching all kinds of beautiful birds chirping away and feeding on the many feeders and fluffing their wings in the birdbath. Watching the humming birds feeding on nectar always makes me smile.

Standing on top of Whistler, Blackcomb, and some other summits in the winter time at a height of 7000 ft and looking down - so traquil, so majestic, so serene!

• Like 2

Guest a**4*

I feel at peace if i am beside a lake only sound are birds chirpping or the call of a loon another place is the sound of ocean waves coming in on the shore line on a moon lite night

I feel the most at peace when I'm using public transportation. Weird, I know, but people are so wrapped up in their own thoughts, it's easy to sit and watch. I listen to music and imagine people's lives, observe their interactions, watch the houses go by... I sit, I think, I relax.

I love public transportation so much that I'm often slightly sad when I arrive at my destination. If I have the time and luxury, I often don't get off at all and simply wander around the city. I could do it all day, especially if I'm listening to good music.

• Like 1

Guest S****r

I am like alb49--next to or floating on a peaceful lake. My kids laugh at me and say I always say, "there is just something about being near the water......" LOL

But is's TRUE. It somehow feeds my soul. Would love to be there right now, in fact!

Nathalie--had to laugh at your post--on the bus! I never would have thought of that one. So if I see you on the bus, I will not interrupt your reverie! :)

The mountains or the Pacific Ocean and the drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. I enjoyed that long drive from Northern California.

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
  • Like 1

Sadly, the happiest and most comfortable place for me was overseas in my small living space. It was unlike any other place.

Since I can't return there. Nothing feels more like home than sitting on a beach. It just feels so natural and comfortable. So many thoughts can run through my mind.

• Like 1

I know it sounds strange, but in the ocean on a surf board catching waves all day long! Nothing creates a state of inner peace more for me than surfing.

• Like 1

For me it's not complicated, I enjoy riding my motorcycle on open roads, it totally relaxes me and feel at peace.

I also love cutting my lawn and sit on my deck after having cut it and see the animals in my backyard. I have deers, wolves, rabbits, racoons, foxes and many types of birds hanging around my place.

Generally not an "outdoors" guy, but I feel most at peace with myself while in Waterton Lakes National Park in Southern Alberta. In fact, that is where I want my ashes to go when I depart this life (hopefully no time soon!)

• Like 1

An afternoon nap in my favorite recliner with my 90 lb dog sprawled out on top of/beside me and just enough sunlight peeking through the curtains...