Things I have learned

Oooh, I like this thread. Here are a few that I've learned:

I have learned that at the end of the day, all you have is your word.

I have learned that you don't save the good china, special lingerie or expensive candles for a 'special occasion': each day you're alive is special and should be celebrated (a very special lady told me that, repeated from Maya Angelou, I believe).

I have learned that the moment you simplify your life and remove negative people and things, wonderful things start to happen.

I have learned that red wine jumps out of wine glasses at white pants.

I have learned that when your favorite song comes on the radio, you drive faster.

I have learned that it is impossible to be unhappy while eating watermelon.

I have learned that by throwing your change in a tin can and rolling what's rollable monthly to avoid a major rolling spree in the end, you save hundreds, sometimes over a thousand dollars a year in 'useless old change'. There you go- a vacation paid for with 'useless old change'!

I have learned that if you attach happiness to things or people, it can be taken from you. If you are just happy because you chose to be happy, it can never be taken from you.

I've learned that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of

the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned that simple walks with my father around the block on summer

nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned a 3-year old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant

I've learned certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more messed up than you think

I've learned to say "Screw 'em if they can't take a joke" in 6 languages.

• Like 4

very awesome thread..

I ve learned to live every minute of my life as if it was the last one...

I ve learner that you will meet many people but at the end you will only have a couple or few true friends..

I ve learner at not get upset over things you can have control over...

I e learned that life is too short to be pissed at something all the time... thats why I also smile...

I ve learned how much my mother sacrificed to raise her children...

I have learned that nothing or noone is ever perfect (except for me LOL- kidding) and to look always at the good and not the bad of a situation or a person,,,

I HAVE LEARNED THAT CERB IS NOT JUST A WEBSITE WHERE HOBBIEST COME TO FIND LADIES OR LADIES COME TO FIND BUSINESS.. BUT IS A COMMUNITY WHERE LOTS A FABULOUS PEOPLE SHARE FEELINGS, CREATE FRIENDSHIPS.., OR AT LEAST FELLOWSHIPS... ;)

ps I almost forgot.. I ve leaned that Old Dog is bringing a special Bacon sandwich to the Spring social for me! yay!! LOL

• Like 9

I have learned....

Life is a privilege.

The people you care about most in life are taken away from you too soon.

That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

To not compare myself to others.

Credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

Managing your 'wants' is the most powerful skill a person can have.

That it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life.

No matter how much you care for people, some people just don't care back.

When you worry about what others think of you, you're just worried of what you really think of yourself.

You can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

You can only charm people for a few minutes but you'd better know something after that.

Family won't always be there for you while others will be there to give you the love and support that you need. Family isn't always biological.

You can always keep going, even though you feel you can't.

It is your inner power rather than weakness that frightens you most.

Older doesn't necessarily mean you're wiser, unless you've looked within.

The people who complain the most, accomplish the least.

Nothing ever happens as you've pictured it.

You don't own an idea until you understand it with your heart.

People cause suffering when they are suffering themselves.

Blame is the favorite pastime of those who don't like responsibility.

Sometimes you need to remove people from your life. Even if they're family.

Punishing others has more to do with venting frustrations rather than correcting behaviour.

Revenge is for the petty and irresponsible.

Life is a solo trip. You will have visitors but not a lot of them will be long lasting.

• Like 8

Really cool thread Emia !!! I have truly enjoyed reading it and all the posts so far ......... and hope you didn't burn your tallywacker cooking bacon naked :(

Sadly I did some damage to Mr. Happy, but luckily I had someone to kiss it better. :aol_fellate:

I have learned that after ten years of being Mr. Nice Guy, fuck it,

you only seem to get respect by being an asshole. It wasn't until

I got truly assholey that she wanted me back. WTF?!

But now I'm so much happier living alone.

She's gorgeous, she's younger, but fuck it.

I don't like to live life as an asshole, but if I have to be assholey 24/7

to maintain respect, fuck it, I'll live alone, it just isn't worth it.

Additional Comments:

The best lobster is fresh off the wharf in Inverness.

Ever.

• Like 3

Sometimes the most beautiful people on the outside are very ugly on the inside diminishing their beauty. Then there are some who do not turn heads but who become more beautiful as you get to know them for the are beautiful in all ways.

• Like 6

I had the fortune of spending last night with the most wonderful, insightful, intelligent man I have met in a very long time. He finally got me to realize that what others say or think about me isn't important. What is important is what we-ourselves do with that info. That is what makes or breaks us. Lies and rumors can be said and spread it doesn't mean you have to react to them or believe them, the negativity will fall on those spreading them.:biggrin:

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 5

I've learned that my wife figured out that my 4 year old daughter can manipulate me better than she can and this morning I've agreed to something that I've said "no" to for a very long time.

• Like 1

:icon_arrow: How someone treats you is their karma, how you react is yours

:icon_arrow: Never sacrifice who you are because someone has a problem with it because someone will ALWAYS have a problem with it.

:icon_arrow: If you admire something in someone else, you are actually recognizing that quality as being in yourself and the person is merely a reflection.

:icon_arrow: I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it

:icon_arrow: We are darkness and we are light. To get to out light, we must go through our darkness

:icon_arrow: 10% of conflict is difference of opinion, 90% is due to the wrong tone of voice.

:icon_arrow: Passion should never ever be restrained

• Like 4

As a man, you should never go lobster or crab fishing in the nude, especially in cold water.

Never have sex in the missionary position while a cat is in the room. Rapidly moving dangly things tend to make them overly curious.

Llamas may look goofy and cute, but they bite and leave permanent marks.

You should always try to tickle your partner after doggie style. You just can't stop the inevitable.

Not all feet are sexy. My ex had feet like a squirrel and her toenails looked liked dried boogers; on the positive side, someone else has to witness that horror now.

The first time your child learns how to stealthily remove themselves from a crib will coincide with the only time your wife will get frisky and want morning sex.

Sex on carpet feels great at the time, but sucks as soon as you get up and see how abraded your knees are.

When the only available toilet is out of order, your mind will convince you that you have to poop.

Those tangential friends that have you on Facebook as a high school pal only list you so that they can bomb you with Farmville requests every hour.

Fresh from the womb, newborn babies, even your own, are really rather heinous looking. They may be a miracle and all that, but let's face it... ewww.

Everybody loves Bohemian Rhapsody, and will sing it whenever it is heard.

You can never successfully sneak barefoot in a dark house filled with heavy wooden furniture. One of those fuckers will attack your toes.

In the 1970's, how did we miss the fact that in all male group called "Queen" that at least one of them was gay? We had nooooooo frickin' idea.

As a parent, you will say things to your kids that you swore you would never say - because your parents said it to you. Then you will silently scream and think, "shit, I am my parents."

I think dirty thoughts when my Outlook folders say "you've got a very clean inbox" and "you don't have junk here."

People without kids always think they'd make the best parents.

Whoever designed the opening in tighty whitie underwear was an idiot. I don't know a single man that ever used that as a penis extraction exit - it's like twister for your dink.

My 14 year old self always emerges when I see naked boobs.

Nice lingerie. Take it off.

You will never feel more guilty than when a family member says, "you make this better than mom." Mom food is sacred.

• Like 4

I've learned that the way someone treats you says more about them than it does about you

I've learned it's always good when you're not the smartest person in the room

I've learned that it's never a good time to go to Walmart, but avoid at all costs going there on a weekend

I've learned it feels good to buy coffee for the person behind you in the drive-thru

I've learned that no matter how bad a day I've had, my dogs instantly put a smile on my face when I see them excitedly wagging their tails in the window as I pull in the driveway

I've learned it's not what you look at, it's what you see

And one of my personal favourites, I've learned you won't always remember what someone says to you, but you will always remember how they made you feel.

I can honestly say this has definitely been the case during the encounters I've had with the ladies on here. I've yet to have a bad experience and all the ladies have a wonderful way of making you feel special!!

• Like 3

I've learned that my Mom was right that girls would like me..... though she forgot to mention the envelope part.

Peace

MG

• Like 2

I've learned that even the crudest "guy talk" cannot hold a candle to "girl talk". I should be appalled but I'm titillated.

After being witness to childbirth I've learned that women are beautiful nurturing creatures but also the toughest most badassed beings ever!

Additional Comments:

Sorry for being crude but farts are very funny! However not so much when you unwittingly walk into one dropped by ther person in front of you while out shopping.

• Like 2

I have learned...

That people, things or situations are not always what they appear to be.

Don't get involved in someone else's drama esp when they create it.

People who you thought were on your side who have you used you already will backstab you after you've been kind and loyal to them.

There are two sides to every story.

People don't want to take responsibility for their own actions so they blame other people for their shitty, miserable existence.

If you lie down with dogs, you will get fleas.

I'm too nice for my own good.

Tomorrow is another day.

I am better than all of the above.

• Like 4

I have learned the voice in my head is never wrong.

I have learned we create exactly what we want simply by thinking of it.

I have learned anyone with a strong mind and intent can do anything.

• Like 5

I have learned that

- although it may look simple and uncomplicated, I should not make assumption about things

- it is better to be honest and upfront to avoid any potential misunderstandings in the future

• Like 3

I have learned...

If you lie down with dogs, you will get fleas.

Please rephrase for the benefit of our studio audience... please???

• Like 4

That, ultimately, the only person you can really trust/count on/believe in/rely on/ is yourself. You may make mistakes but you always have your own back. You may do things that could hurt you but they are never done with malice.

Being TOO nice can be harmful.

Realizing that I need to put ME first but being able to give love to others....friends, family, pets, is very rewarding.

Cooking is a great joy!

Age and wisdom have made me a much more fulfilled person. I found a long lost diary from my late teens, early twenties. OMG was I really that superficial?

"Suck it up Nancy" is a viable comment for those annoying whiners.

Eventhough it is extremely heartbreaking to lose a pet, I am almost ready for another because I realize that the unconditional love is essential to my well being.

Freaky, odd occurrences happen to remind us of our past (deep I know but I won't explain lol)

• Like 5

To be me and proud of who I am.

Stop being a people pleaser to avoid conflict.

There is negativity all around but not to let it in.

Enjoy life to the fullest and have fun doing it!

Don't give the time or energy to anyone that has nothing postive to bring to my life and disregard all negative and unproductive people.

I enjoy volunteering.

I love to clean, for fun!

I'm much stronger than I could have ever imagined.

I have a huge heart and I'm beautiful inside and not just outside.

To be proud of all of my accomplishments and exceeding all my educational goals. What to do next??

I love that my friends know they can count on me and that I am very honest and loyal.

Life isn't always easy but I wouldn't choose another life, my life has made me the woman I am today.

My gut and mind are the best tools I have.

I have some very amazing and enjoyable talents.

I love my life!!

This list will grow................for sure!!

• Like 2

That hindsight is not in fact 20/20 (how we remember the past is often as distorted as how we predict the future).

That the hardest person to forgive is often yourself.

That it is, nevertheless, important to try.

That taking chances is worth the risk the failure.

That everyone has different beliefs, but most have good intentions.

...and (one slightly less philosophical) that being a Toronto Maple Leaf fan means learning how to deal with disappointment!

• Like 3

It is early Sunday morning and I'm feeling philosophical.

I've learned plain steamed hot dogs make a good one handed snack.

I've learned to be suspicious of farts after my 50th birthday.

I've learned that marriage is more than a piece of paper.

I've learned that the sexiest sound to my ears is the sound of my partner's orgasm.

I've learned that I can get up to pee several times a night without really waking up.

I've learned that common sense is exceedingly uncommon.

I've learned that to accept myself I must accept others.

I've learned that its never a good idea startle a cat in a corner.

I've learned that I love reading what you have learned.

• Like 1