Things that suck, and not in a good way.

The last 36 hours have sucked pretty hard. Buried an uncle yesterday morning. Elderly dad had a heart attack 6 AM today, hospitalized. A cousin who's been in end stage w/bladder and lung cancer all spring is today at death's door, she will be second cousin consumed by cancer this year.

• Like 1

Working on my HST returns. I'm not disciplined enough to keep up-to-date, but I hate like hell to give the government a 30 day interest- free line of credit. ARGH!!!!!!

Edited by cometman
missed a word.
  • Like 1

Having an SP PM me repeatedly today trying to arrange a meeting! This is not an acceptable thing to do and I do not appreciate it!

• Like 1

Having an SP PM me repeatedly today trying to arrange a meeting! This is not an acceptable thing to do and I do not appreciate it!

I do believe cold call solicitation via pm is unacceptable behaviour here. I would report her.

Plus, that's really really rude.

I went to the bank today and found out that they no longer accept first born children as collateral... so I offered a package deal with my second born. Still no dice.

My significant other type relationship sucks right now... and never, never in a good way.

This is both a things that suck and can develop into a highlight of the day

Talking to my financial guy about my retirement. He said, in spite of the bank tempting me with a increase in my line of credit to buy a new truck

I was smart to rebuild the tranny in my truck and keep it going and then buy a new truck cash outright at retirement

But what sucked, looking over my finances, my one big debt is my line of credit. He suggested selling my boat (the three major things I own outright, truck worth very little, RRSP's and boat) If I sell the boat most of the line of credit paid off. So, and it sucks, and I feel kinda sad, but the boat goes up today to be sold

The highlight of the day, once sold, won't miss those pesky monthly payments, and what I paid for line of credit payments can be paid into a tax free savings account. As my guy said, better to pay myself than the bank

And hopefully, in two years, I can buy a new boat

RG

• Like 1

Getting up early this morning, like always, checking my emails (because my boat is now at the marina up for sale and can't go fishing :-( ) and what email greets me...my on-line bill for cable...sucks getting a bill first thing in the morning

But went to my on-line banking and it's paid, well till next time at least

RG

• Like 1

Resisting the urge to buy some pin up dresses.

I don't have the extra money for it right now.

This is the reason why I need a sugar daddy just for dresses:P

• Like 1

Being stuck for 5hrs on a flight surrounded by 8 screaming children and sitting next to someone who clearly should have been made to purchase 2 seats. I paid for my small seat please keep all of you on yours....harsh but the truth.....

• Like 1

Being stuck for 5hrs on a flight surrounded by 8 screaming children and sitting next to someone who clearly should have been made to purchase 2 seats. I paid for my small seat please keep all of you on yours....harsh but the truth.....

That is unpleasant!!

For me, spending the day discovering hidden messes that the person filling my shoes for the past year has left behind! Nothing catastrophic, but annoying and time consuming. Of course, this is keeping me from the work I need to be doing!!

• Like 1

Idiots, morons and self righteous jerks.

If I am only 2 out of 3 does that get me in your highlight of the day thread? :)

• Like 1

If I am only 2 out of 3 does that get me in your highlight of the day thread? :)

You are most certainly none of the above! :)

This is somthing that sucked that turned out to be a highlight. What sucked was getting stung twice by hornets while trimming a hedge. The highlight is on "Highlights of the day"

Breaking all speed records to get to work to discover that the boss is away.

Could be worse OD, you could have been stopped by the cops and given a speeding ticket...so look at it as a highlight of the day, you broke all speed records and didn't get a ticket

RG

Hahaha lol

That reminds me of one morning when I woke up late to catch a flight... I rushed like a maniac to get to the airport only to find out my flight was delayed; we ended up leaving 3 hours late lol

Hahaha lol

That reminds me of one morning when I woke up late to catch a flight... I rushed like a maniac to get to the airport only to find out my flight was delayed; we ended up leaving 3 hours late lol

I had it worse. One time I was flying Winnipeg to Ottawa. My dad's wife's daughter was traveling with me (she was my age, not a kid). Looking at the ticket and the boarding time. Told her we have to go (we were in the main terminal, not in the boarding lounge...hadn't even gone through security yet). Oh no she says, they always page you before they start to board I said they don't. Well long and short of it is, she kept looking in the gift shops (why do women like to shop so much), no page came, we went to the boarding lounge late, and you guessed it, missed the flight. And no, couldn't have left her behind, oh god I would have been on the sh--t list with her mother and my dad for years. It gets worse, much worse...she just starts crying uncontrollably.

Finally calmed her down, the airline was good (Air Canada), they exchanged the tickets free for a flight out the next day

RG

Have been stuck in apartment most the day and all evening after losing my keys somewhere in my apartment or laundry room. My landlords havent called since i left message. Have searched everywhere for my keys, and very uncomfortable not knowing where they are. My pug dog isnt impressed with the situation either. Hoping my landlord calls tomorrow and doesnt turn out to be on vacation!

Posted via Mobile Device

Have been stuck in apartment most the day and all evening after losing my keys somewhere in my apartment or laundry room. My landlords havent called since i left message. Have searched everywhere for my keys, and very uncomfortable not knowing where they are. My pug dog isnt impressed with the situation either. Hoping my landlord calls tomorrow and doesnt turn out to be on vacation!

Posted via Mobile Device

Could the dog have eaten the keys!!!! That would really suck!