Jump to content

Things that suck, and not in a good way.

Recommended Posts

It sucks that Lowe's who recently bought Rona announced they are closing all their stores in NL .... Sucks even more for the hundreds of people who face Christmas with no job in the new year.

It also sucks that the stores ate now selling off all stock claiming 25% - 50% off but if you check the current prices they are often higher then being sold in other stores in the area.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It simply amazes me that some people don't realize that providers have actual real lives! We have families, friends, routines. We go shopping. We clean our house. We wash our dishes and clothes. We are normal run of the mill people. We are not a 24/7 drive thru. ..at least I am not. Give your head a shake! I am starting to find it it quite disheartening that some punters are in disbelief that I am an actual person.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to the cheese factory today with one of a couple reasons in mind...one of which was to buy good cheddar OK all their cheddar is good but for me when it comes to cheddar, the older the better

So I broke down and cried (well on the inside) to find their stock of ten year old cheddar has been sold. While they are making more the aging process takes, well....years

At my age that could mean I'm on feeding tubes by the time ten year old cheddar makes its return LOL

So no good (good for me) cheddar for me

And that sucks

RG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My normal breakfast since my Stroke is a black coffee and breakfast smoothie. The smoothie is skim milk (only way I could drink it) fresh (frozen) fruits (I take fresh fruits the night before and pop them in the freezer for the next morning) and some food with protein (organic peanut butter, rolled oats, fresh (frozen) spinach)  Well I got told another option for protein is brocoli. I bought some brocoli, chopped it up and froze it. Oh my god GROSS and YUK!!!...it added a horrible taste to my breakfast smoothie this morning.  Never again. At least spinach adds no taste to a smoothie.

Only good way to have brocoli is with lots of bleu cheese salad dressing poured over it. Now what to do with the rest of the frozen brocoli in my freezer

RG

 

untitledgross.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Dec 26...THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS. And after radio stations polluting the airwaves since the beginning of November with Christmas music, (and not for any Christmas spirit reasons, helps for the commercialization reasons of Christmas) now that Christmas is over, the pollution and commercialization continues.

Had the radio stations shown restraint in playing Christmas music, first by not starting till Dec 1st and not flooding the airwaves (average of 3 Christmas songs out of 5 played just in Nov) it wouldn't have been so bad.  

No I'm not Scrooge, but please, over playing the music has nothing to do with the holiday spirit, just all part of the commercialization of the holiday season

Rant over till next year LOL

RG

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Invest in satellite radio and you will never know that Christmas came and went.  It's not that expensive and you won't have to complain about commercialization while you listen to your favorite music.

 

Nuff said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's January 13th...almost halfway through January, where the hell is the snow.  Looking outside you'd think it could be late Fall/early Spring (by looking at the trees😉) Now once you step outside you know it's Winter, at least today it's warmed up to a balmy -9 from a -13 LOL but where the hell is the snow???

RG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing that sucks...started trying to change the channel, well scroll the tv and the batteries up and died.  And it's AAA batteries I need, I have other batteries in the apartment, but no AAA.  So I bundled up and walked (side benefit, exercise) to a store to pick up some batteries

Now I have a fully powered remote

RG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today a real bad day, probably the worst I've had in a long time. Had to take Nabob to the vet and put him to sleep.  He wasn't suffering yet but losing weight and strength (couldn't jump anymore) Been dreading today, used the past two weeks to say goodbye.

Right now my apartment feels really empty, a furry feline presence gone

RG

20141016_212126_resized.jpg

20151031_185640_1_resized.jpg

20151129_191513_resized.jpg

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking over for our receiver for a week with only seven hours of training for the position. It doesn't just suck, it's grueling work where you don't have 5 minutes to breathe, 'cause the entire store is depending on you to make sure all of their stuff is where it needs to be when they need it, and our store's loading dock is honestly far too small for the amount of product we move. Just one more day though, one more day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, roamingguy said:

Today a real bad day, probably the worst I've had in a long time. Had to take Nabob to the vet and put him to sleep.  He wasn't suffering yet but losing weight and strength (couldn't jump anymore) Been dreading today, used the past two weeks to say goodbye.

Right now my apartment feels really empty, a furry feline presence gone

RG

20141016_212126_resized.jpg

20151031_185640_1_resized.jpg

20151129_191513_resized.jpg

So sorry to hear about your fur baby's passing.  I enjoyed reading your posts about your cat's adventures.  You have those memories.

Edited by Mature Angela
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Passing kidney stones. 

     It's my third one in less than a decade and it sucks. Like the first time, this one is in the 5 to 6 mm range justifying a trip to the ER to get a CT scan and painkiller prescription. The worst is over, but there still the fun part of shooting it out of my pee hole.

     Great... Not!  😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

  Passing kidney stones. 

     It's my third one in less than a decade and it sucks. Like the first time, this one is in the 5 to 6 mm range justifying a trip to the ER to get a CT scan and painkiller prescription. The worst is over, but there still the fun part of shooting it out of my pee hole.

     Great... Not!  😒

OMF,OMF,OMF,OMF, you poor son of a....

Both my grandfather and father had them.  I sure as hell didn't help matters with my choice of diet through the years.  I have not had the kidney stones yet but I'm scared as hell to one day realize I too will have them shooting out the end of my penis.  😭

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamesB700 said:

OMF,OMF,OMF,OMF, you poor son of a....

Both my grandfather and father had them.  I sure as hell didn't help matters with my choice of diet through the years.  I have not had the kidney stones yet but I'm scared as hell to one day realize I too will have them shooting out the end of my penis.  😭

   That may sound weird, but that's actually the easiest part if the doctor prescribed the right medication to dilate the urethra. The worst is when the stone get stuck between the kidney and bladder creating a lot of pain from the accumulated pressure. As for diet, cutting salt, chocolate and cola will help. But even healthy stuff like spinach, rhubarb, beets and tofu can cause stones. Drinking a lot of water, lemon lime sodas(like Ginger Ale, Sprite)  and fruit juices can help dilute possible stone formations. But when your body is prone to this problem , you can only try to minimise the effects.

   Hope you'll never get the joy of that experience.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

  Passing kidney stones. 

     It's my third one in less than a decade and it sucks. Like the first time, this one is in the 5 to 6 mm range justifying a trip to the ER to get a CT scan and painkiller prescription. The worst is over, but there still the fun part of shooting it out of my pee hole.

     Great... Not!  😒

Maybe you should plan to hit Canada's Wonderland in a regular basis this season. Not sure if it's a specific kind of roller coaster, but check this out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/science/roller-coaster-kidney-stones.html

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoyfulC said:

Maybe you should plan to hit Canada's Wonderland in a regular basis this season. Not sure if it's a specific kind of roller coaster, but check this out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/science/roller-coaster-kidney-stones.html

  Thanks. But considering the result is a week or two(sometimes more) of intense pain, I'm not sure I would consider it a "remedy" and even less as "fun".

  I'm pretty sure the author of this BS never in his life experienced a kidney stone. If he did, he would punch himself in the junk for writing this nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Greenteal said:

  Thanks. But considering the result is a week or two(sometimes more) of intense pain, I'm not sure I would consider it a "remedy" and even less as "fun".

  I'm pretty sure the author of this BS never in his life experienced a kidney stone. If he did, he would punch himself in the junk for writing this nonsense.

Yeah, my husband has them too. But as the article points out, the thing roller coasters are best for is dislodging small stones before they become big painful ones. A scan showed my husband has two small ones just now, but neither their size or location is significant. Yet. I keep thinking he should go ride roller coasters!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoyfulC said:

Yeah, my husband has them too. But as the article points out, the thing roller coasters are best for is dislodging small stones before they become big painful ones. A scan showed my husband has two small ones just now, but neither their size or location is significant. Yet. I keep thinking he should go ride roller coasters!

 

  Unless there's a doctor giving free OxyContin's at the exit, I'll pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see the ophthalmologist today and after two+ hours going through testing, exams and of course waiting diagnosis...I need surgery to fix a tear on my retina (many many many years ago a optometrist saw it and just said use a jel that I could get OTC from any pharmacy if my eye bothered me. This ophthalmologist (and surgeon) very unimpressed by that optometrist...I'd give him his name but I don't remember who he was.

Anyhow on May 2nd I go under the knife...'er laser.  Not looking forward to it, last time I saw someone about to be lasered it was James Bond in Goldfinger. GF failed and JB got Pussy Galore but I don't think he'd repeat the laser experience LOL

RG

 

Zvpd-B.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roamingguy said:

Went to see the ophthalmologist today and after two+ hours going through testing, exams and of course waiting diagnosis...I need surgery to fix a tear on my retina (many many many years ago a optometrist saw it and just said use a jel that I could get OTC from any pharmacy if my eye bothered me. This ophthalmologist (and surgeon) very unimpressed by that optometrist...I'd give him his name but I don't remember who he was.

Anyhow on May 2nd I go under the knife...'er laser.  Not looking forward to it, last time I saw someone about to be lasered it was James Bond in Goldfinger. GF failed and JB got Pussy Galore but I don't think he'd repeat the laser experience LOL

RG

 

Zvpd-B.gif

Many years ago I had the doctor tack down a similar tear using a laser and found it was quick and painless, done in his office, and forestalled continued deterioration. Eye care has come a long way, hope you have a similar positive outcome.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Many years ago I had the doctor tack down a similar tear using a laser and found it was quick and painless, done in his office, and forestalled continued deterioration. Eye care has come a long way, hope you have a similar positive outcome.

Thanks I'm hoping for a positive outcome and am aware of how far eye care has come.  But the guy posting just is nervous at the thought of surgery, no matter how simple they all make it seem, and it came after an exam which included that puff of air which no matter how much I brace myself, I jump.  Probably more worry than necessary, but then again I had to give my consent and next of kin too LOL

RG 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Little update, I finally passed that freakin kidney stone. Took over a month, but finally peed that rock out. A nasty 6mm stone with an uneven shape explaining why it took forever to get out.

   I'm still seeing an urologist next week. But don't expect more than "Congratulation, it's a rock".

   All jokes aside I hope I'm in the clear for a while. I'm trying to lower my salt intake and all the stuff that causes this problem. But not even sure if it really matters if my body is prone to this.

    This episode is over and it's all that counts for now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Greenteal said:

   Little update, I finally passed that freakin kidney stone. Took over a month, but finally peed that rock out. A nasty 6mm stone with an uneven shape explaining why it took forever to get out.

   I'm still seeing an urologist next week. But don't expect more than "Congratulation, it's a rock".

   All jokes aside I hope I'm in the clear for a while. I'm trying to lower my salt intake and all the stuff that causes this problem. But not even sure if it really matters if my body is prone to this.

    This episode is over and it's all that counts for now.

I had a kidney stone a long time ago and it was caused by nut(peanuts).  I used to eat peanuts like they were going out of style.  I still eat them but in moderation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NotchJohnson said:

I had a kidney stone a long time ago and it was caused by nut(peanuts).  I used to eat peanuts like they were going out of style.  I still eat them but in moderation.

  I was told the source was likely dark soft drinks like "Coke" and salty fast food. But even after cutting a lot on those and drinking a lot of water, nine years later I passed another one.

  I suppose some things can't always be avoided. And if one day I donate a kidney, I know which one I'm giving away. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...