... when you can actually admit that one of these outfits was in your closet ... and not as a joke.

1939183.jpg

... when you can remember that you could wear underwear of any colour, as long as that colour was white.

... when your mom tells you that the house you grew up in cost significantly less than the car you are currently driving.

... when clipping your toenails can cause your hip to displace.

... when knowing the location of the bathroom in any building is the most important issue.

... when picking up the remote off the coffee table constitutes a cardio workout.

Guest f***2f***

when you can remember going out to buy clothes for your first day in High School and the choices of pants were Bell bottoms or Elephant pants (no jeans allowed), the choices of shirts were Paisley or pink and the choice of shoes were platforms or earth shoes (oh yeah I had earth shoes!*)

*Earth shoes were an unconventional style of shoe invented in the 1970s in Scandinavia by Danish shoe designer Anna Kalsø.[1] Unlike most other shoes, the soles were thick and the heels were thin (Negative Heel Technology), so wearing them one walked heel-downward. The advertisements said that it was like walking on the beach, where one's footprints are this way.

... when you can go back to what you were paid for your first real job and realize that if your salary had stayed the same, working 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year paying no taxes and saving absolutely every cent, it would take you 253 years to become a millionaire.

You know you're old when...

...your niece asks you, "What's an LP?"

...your niece looks at you like you're from another planet when you told her that you used to carry a yellow Sony Walkman around your neck that played casette tapes. And then she asks you, "What's a cassette tape?"

You know you're old when you remember when it was virtually impossible to shut off a ringing telephone short of answering it.

when you can remember that portable music was this:

Mildly%20Ridiculous%20Portable%20Record%20Players.jpg

and this:

recordbasket.jpg

You know you're old when albums used to fit in milk crates perfectly. So the dairies got smart and started making the crates smaller. They used the metric system as an excuse, but we all knew better.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY0mnCw5swRUGSWOYuJFfxj-_IB7xL8AxLJBFGJTLNqVzoueNo

when you owned one of these:2-sony-walkman-first-460-100-460-70.jpg

to play, one of these:mixtape.jpg

when now, one of these:ipod-music.jpg

can hold the equivalent of 3000 of these:cassette-tape.jpg

The other day I was looking in the mirroe and shaving and my niece laughing her ass off showed me a picture she found of me at my Prom ... Looked in the mirror and at the pic again hmmmm did I feel OLD haha. Long curly hair and fit body in the pic.... Clean shaven head and greying goatee in the mirror and a little less fit body. Okay a lot :)

Posted via Mobile Device

The other day I was looking in the mirroe and shaving and my niece laughing her ass off showed me a picture she found of me at my Prom ... Looked in the mirror and at the pic again hmmmm did I feel OLD haha. Long curly hair and fit body in the pic.... Clean shaven head and greying goatee in the mirror and a little less fit body. Okay a lot :)

Posted via Mobile Device

I am getting old LeeRichards, I though you said a less fit booty. Shows where my mind is so maybe I am not that old. :icon_wink:

to play, one of these:mixtape.jpg

And you devoted hours of your time to the compilation of these, especially when there was a girl you wanted to impress...

And you devoted hours of your time to the compilation of these, especially when there was a girl you wanted to impress...

Yes sir, it was an art form. Knowing the right songs, finding them in your record collection or the collections of others, setting the recording levels, knowing precisely when to hit record and play at the same time and then again when to pause.... only to do it 27 more times for a 90 minute tape. That WAS an act of undying devotion.

Guest f***2f***

You know you're old when you remember taping songs off the radio onto your casettes...using a hand held microphone lol

Yes sir, it was an art form. Knowing the right songs, finding them in your record collection or the collections of others, setting the recording levels, knowing precisely when to hit record and play at the same time and then again when to pause.... only to do it 27 more times for a 90 minute tape. That WAS an act of undying devotion.

And all those hours I spent on this

My efforts weren't repaid.

Sometimes, maybe, I'd get a kiss;

It never got me laid.

• Like 2

When you start referring to the younger generation's music as "mindless noise". I was recently invited to the first annual "Ottawa Metal Festival" so started looking up the bands that will be there. There were a few good ones but when listening to the rest I found myself saying to myself "What the fuck? This is just really annoying noise!". .....the second it was out of my mouth I felt like an old fart.

Posted via Mobile Device

When you start referring to the younger generation's music as "mindless noise". I was recently invited to the first annual "Ottawa Metal Festival" so started looking up the bands that will be there. There were a few good ones but when listening to the rest I found myself saying to myself "What the fuck? This is just really annoying noise!". .....the second it was out of my mouth I felt like an old fart.

Posted via Mobile Device

I can see it now "Here's some Metamucil, take a hit and pass it on."

When the clothes you now wear are built only for comfort disregarding all style.

When you think of all the stuff you ate as a kid and NONE of it is commercially available any more.

Guest f***2f***
When the clothes you now wear are built only for comfort disregarding all style.

When you think of all the stuff you ate as a kid and NONE of it is commercially available any more.

They took KD off the market??????

They took KD off the market??????

I could be wrong but I could swear that's one of the first signs of the apocalypse...

Posted via Mobile Device

You need to stock up on KD and water for the Zombie apocalypse. If you see the stores are out, that's a sure sign. They did the same during the Cuban Missile Crisis back in '62 (nice segue back to the topic...)

you know you are old when you remember hearing Elvis for the first time and saying "he will never catch on". (yup, that old)