highlights of the day

BAKING!

I just realize that I had everything I need in my pantry to bake some brownies...I need to take them out in about 5 minutes or so...smell so good in my apartment. :)

Having friends that appreciate the efforts you have made on their behalf and on behalf of others.

Ahhh a true gentleman brings the empty recycling container from the end of the laneway to the garage door and neatly folds his towel after his shower :)

1) Giving the dog the big ham bone after making the soup base.

2) Putting two weeks accumulation of leftovers into the soup and it tastes great. Ham, turkey, sausage, noodles, rice, vegetables, cherry tomatoes (ow! they are hot inside too) and anything else that was in a container in the fridge. Gravy too.

3) Getting James and the Giant Peach in BluRay.

Waking today after a true sleep in, with full sun, blue skies, and glistening white snow from a little flurry last evening.

Thinking back to appreciate that over the past number of weeks I have had special company visit here, family and friends. I am so thankful to have my special family and these special friends.

Seeing people living in another country who would 'appear' to not have as much as we do in Canada yet they live filled and happy lives. Somtimes I need to re-prioritize what is truly important.

I used to play guitar a lot, for my own pleasure and for that of my family, but for whatever reason it got relegated to the attic about 15 years ago. When I pulled it down last summer, it was warped and unplayable. Guess that could all have gone into the Things That Suck thread!

At Christmas, my daughter got me a new guitar.

I have been playing again, and much to my delight, I am even recalling some songs, and chords and lyrics. My fingers are getting toughened up with every day that passes and I am throughly enjoying the relaxation that my humble guitar playing is giving me.

And, since I last played, we have technology! I could not believe what I found here. http://www.chordie.com/

Great link Mr. Nice. I've not used this one. The internet has certainly changed things. We used to sit there rewinding and replaying cassettes in order learn song lyrics, and we used to have to "figure out" on our own how to play a song (if we didn't want to go buy the sheet music.) Now, you just look it up.

Congrats on the new guitar.

bdsm play party today!

I get to tied up topless and/or naked pretty girls. And the ropes often need to go around the breasts and hips... *innocent smile*

Reflecting pleasantly on an repeat encounter I had last night with a great lady (recommendation to follow shortly), and looking forward to next month when I see her again for our fifth encounter, a sleepover.

RG

Talking with a new lady member and getting to know her and her likes...comes in handy for a potential meeting (this week maybe). Fingers crossed that everything comes together!

Having a wonderful brunch with one of my favorite people in the world. And I even got bananas on my French Toast!

Going out to buy some stuff, expecting to pay about $100. Coming out of the store with the items I wanted after paying.... $18.36

Feeling the luck, going to the next store and looking at stuff valued at around $500 and coming out of that store with all the stuff I was looking at after paying... $180.57

What a great freakin' day.

Guest bngfrank11

Went to the gym. First time in the new year (i have been bad, skipping classes).

Now that I'm off the cigs, I'm feeling it in my brain as well as my body. I've got many tutorials and documents to review for a personal business goal. I'm absorbing it more efficiently without the smoking effect and distractions. This I didn't expect and thrilled about it. My brain is finally inhaling the oxygen again. :)

• Like 3

It may be cold in NL, but I just spent two weeks in the beautiful Carribean so I'm jam packed with Vitamin D to get me through the winter!! :D

Rope processing is REALLY long.

wash the rope. dry it. weight it. stretch. work it to remove the fuzz. singe it and then oiling it...

It took me for over...but I now have some gorgeous new length of jute. and my apartment smell really good:)