highlights of the day

Now I know why people choose vinyl siding.

I just spent the day scraping the front of one of my out buildings, the old shakes with a zillion coats of peeling paint. But, that is done so tomorrow I start it afresh with new paint. Best of all, this is the worst side, so I could do it and decide to stop and do another side next year - or, I can keep going. :)

I'm an early riser:) Which almost mean that all of my classes are done by 11am

so more humpy time for me:P

That works out well! By the time you're done with classes, I'll have crawled out of bed and be ready for morning humpy-time (for some appropriately loose definition of "morning" :) ).

Highlight of my day: it's Friday, dammit!

Sent my semi semi semi final confirmation email to a lady I have yet to meet, and I'm seeing later this month. Not only did she confirm everything is a go with us :-) she was very flattering and complimentary in her email about how I looked after details for our upcoming encounter

RG

Getting lots done. The pile is getting smaller. And once it's small enough, I can treat myself with some playtime.

Porthos

• Like 1

This would have been my 39th anniversary today, but it's my second one alone. Why a highlight? Because it was an amazing 37 years. :)

• Like 6

Got a big project done yesterday, just need official sign off on Monday, then I'm on vacation for 2 week.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I went to a lovely neighbourhood party yesterday and saw some old friends I haven't seen in years. Free drinks,steak dinner and blueberry pie with ice cream. You cant beat an evening like that. The only exception is that I cant eat moussels at all. Suffering some side effects!Lol

My mother is nearly 90, wheelchair bound, very frail, and suffering from Alzheimer's. Not a good start for the highlight reel I know.

But today when I visited her she was alert(ish) and knew who I was.

That's an incredible highlight!!!!

• Like 2

Just got back from a wonderful week at the cottage.

Although the weather wasn't cooperative, the time spent with my kids was fantastic, the food was magnificent and I read a ton of books. While I was up there I had messages from several of my lovely CERB friends... it was a great way to spend a week!!!

Just getting back from a 10 day holiday and family reunion. Scattered across the country and a big clan it really only happens about every 8 years. Regardless of all the high and low times in life....family is always family and there for us through our lives. Big bear hugs to all the those who take time to cherish their families. OOO Cub

• Like 1

Just came back from Maryland...(okay that's not the highlight)

but I had an unbelievable time with my friend, we've only briefly meet two months ago, but it was our first time really being together, and we connected to so many levels it is almost scary...

• Like 1

I am blessed in my life with the company of many brave, beautiful souls. People who share my values, people who care for one another, people who challenge me, and teach me what they know. I am blessed when I feel like hiding by the persistence of friends who coax me out of my shell. I am blessed with the opportunity to celebrate life with the wild and wonderful members of my communities. I am blessed to know so many people who value love, life, and the pursuit of wisdom over productivity, money, and the pursuit of a narrow ideal of success. I live in a world full of secret revolutionaries. (Uncountable numbers of people who, in living their lives, shift the balance in favour of love.)

</hippiewords>

• Like 6

Reading Julie Wilde's post, right above this one.

Astonishing, and beautiful.