highlights of the day

Super sunny and hot day in Halifax....

Breakfast with Sierra...

Gay Pride Parade....

and People holding STOP Harper signs....(hate to admit but that MADE me smile)

• Like 4

Had a fantastic meeting with a wonderful lady and now having a smoothie with protein powder, mangoes and strawberries. Need to replenish my energy level! :D

• Like 1

Great day for me, adopted a puppy, part hound,Dane,ridgeback,lab but 100% cute. Only 12 weeks and pretty much house trained unlike myself.

• Like 2

Suffering from f**ked back.....sooooo home from work now.

In my comfy recliner, six coronas on ice beside me, chips and dip handy, laptop surfing, and watching Canada girls play in the FIVB World Cup Volleyball championships :D all good now.

Same scenario as late last night actually. Wanted to go to sleep but couldn't till the game was over damnitt !!!! haha Peru beat them but it was good volleyball :)

• Like 1

Got a nice little message from a friend I haven't spoken to for ages. Her message popped up just at the right time... it gave me a smile!

• Like 2

Yard work done.

Now enjoying a nice David's Ice Tea (kicked up a little) on the deck. Hearing lawn mowers in the distance. Smelling a roasting chicken on the BBQ with hickory smoke. And staying connected with some great CERB friends.

Happy Sunday Night!

I test drove my new handlebar mounted bluetooth speaker today. What a riot! I can now cycle and crank the tunes.. safely!! earbuds don't belong on a bike IMO ;)

Now, if I can mount it on my kayak paddle I'm going to be stoked!!

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls

Looking down the barrel of a summer long weekend.. :)

A lot can happen in one week. Last week I was despondent at the sudden loss of a beloved pet dog. See Things that Suck for the details.

This week I decided we would adopt another dog as soon as possible. Not so much for our sole survivor, but for me. I couldn't stand the thought of leaving my dog alone during the day when he hasn't been alone his entire life.

The problem I have is this breed is rare and expensive. Show dogs fetch (clever pun alert) between two and four thousand dollars. Breeders are few and far between too. Luckily we found a breeder within driving distance. Even better, she has mature females available for adoption. We're going for a look-see this weekend. If all goes well, our pack will be back to full strength before the weekend is over!

Doing a happy dance now! :butt:

Edited by emiafish
I'm an idiot who does not proof read
  • Like 3

Cleaned out the fridge, not just some old stuff left in there but took crisper drawers out, washed them, gave a cleaning with fantastic and elbow grease...feel proud

RG

My second cleaning out...took a couple hours yesterday and today

Deleting old work related emails and documents from my computer. Won't need them anymore

I had a lot more in my computer than I thought

Just some pension related emails still in my computer...those I still might need LOL ;-)

RG

Having the mirror at the head of my guest bed back! I've been watching the action all this past month. I missed that!

But at the farmhouse, I had mirrors on the slanted story-&-a-half ceilings. Those were nice too, and now I miss them.

• Like 2

Having the mirror at the head of my guest bed back! I've been watching the action all this past month. I missed that!

But at the farmhouse, I had mirrors on the slanted story-&-a-half ceilings. Those were nice too, and now I miss them.

I have not seen either mirrors and just hearing you talk about them has me missing them.

Its looking as if it shall be another perfect summers day here on the Island. It certainly took long enough to get here but since summer did arrive it has been what I consider to be perfect. My gardens, both veggie and flowers are as immaculate as I have ever had them and there will be good flower picking and vegetable picking for friends and neighbors while I am on the road.

I am off this morning to visit overnight with family in NB and then probably have a single longer drive tomorrow through to Kingston. Then on to family in Brantford and eventually back to Kingston to meet my soon to be first grandchild. :)

So all you folks in Ontario, get out the nice summer weather. Not too hot, not too cold and go easy on that killer humidity that I always seem to run into.

• Like 1

A lot can happen in one week. Last week I was despondent at the sudden loss of a beloved pet dog. See Things that Suck for the details.

This week I decided we would adopt another dog as soon as possible. Not so much for our sole survivor, but for me. I couldn't anstand the thought of leaving my dog alone during the day when he hasn't been alone his entire life.

The problem I have is this breed is rare and expensive. Show dogs fetch (clever pun alert) between two and four thousand dollars. Breeders are few and far between too. Luckily we found a breeder within driving distance. Even better, she has mature females available for adoption. We're going for a look-see this weekend. If all goes well, our pack will be back to full strength before the weekend is over!

Doing a happy dance now! :butt:

And now the update! We have a new dog! Her name is Cricket. She is six years old and weighs less than 8 pounds. Everyone is getting along and the pack is back to full strength. :butt: Happy Dancing!!

• Like 2

Went in-line skating after a break of about 10 years. New skates, better technology makes it a lot more fun.

I've always hoped that all those Aeroplan points I've been collecting would be useful if I ever needed to go home on short notice. For a while this afternoon, that did not seem to be possible.

I rechecked one more time this evening and yeah! We can get to my preferred airport a mere 70 miles from home with only a reasonable surcharge on the dates and times we need. So flights booked, car booked, hotel booked. We're ready to roll.

That, plus some heartening phone calls with folks down there, all makes for a pretty good end to a day that started so darkly.

• Like 2

This actually happened yesterday.. I was having a really bad day and with all the stuff going on... one of my rings (a gift from my mom) fell of my finger... I did not noticed until couple of hours ago... lucky after thinking I had lost it... one of the Girls that work with us... calls and says I found it.. I was so happy...

More NEW lingerie for my photo shoot arrived today from the UK.

It sounds like some of us have highlights in our day to look forward to now

And a couple highlights of the day, well from yesterday and today

1) One positive letter from one of the doctors I've had to see

Feeling upbeat about an upcoming appointment with another doctor

now

2) Having my retirement luncheon next week. Was called yesterday to

find out what day is free for me, now they just have to pick a day (I'm

free all week) to have it

3) Enjoying the best cheeseburger while surfing CERB

Think that's it...well except now also looking forward to Emily's next

album...well more accurately portfolio, from her upcoming photo-shoot

Think that's it

RG

Finally after 3 grey dark days, I have the sun again!

Wow, could not bring myself to work for 2 days due to lack of sun, which I know to be extremely silly of me, but really felt blue and no point to meeting people if I do not feel 100% happy! Now ready to rock and roll for a day or 2! wooohooo:)

Guest **cely***r***ne

Being approved for a new credit card!

This is especially exciting for me as I had old bills from many moons ago when I started my adult toy store, and never thought I would be accepted while paying old debts off!