highlights of the day

So, every second Thursday I grab a bag and take a walk around the neighbourhood. See, that is paper recycling day and many people do not ensure that their paper products won't fly all over the road and eventually end up against the fence in my backyard!

Today, I picked up a scratched Texas Holding ticket. Now, I will be the first to admit that I am a crappy poker player but a cursory glance had me thinking that perhaps this one was a winner. Upon my arrival at home I inspected it further and checked over and over. Yup, sure enough I was pretty sure it was a winner.

A quick trip to the closest convenience store and I am now $100 richer! BTW, no signature or any identification was on the ticket or otherwise I would have tried to find the owner. I won't spend it yet just in case I hear any neighbourhood gossip :)

• Like 6

Realizing being in the presence (virtual for the most part) of a great bunch of people here on CERB. The cameraderie, politeness throughout, the support we offer each other, and the laughter (tears) we share ... priceless!

I'm really grateful to be amongst you all and hope to get my post count up (maybe less with music titles, but real posts) from now on.

• Like 1

Waking up weighing myself, 5 pounds down. Woo hoo!

Having a super awesome client help me move today so I didn't have to rent a uhaul!!!!!!

Countdown to Anaheim started!

Gratuitous use of exclamation marks make me happy also!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Finding out that my great nephew was weighed in at 8 lbs 7 oz and his nickname will be Ninja cause he arrived a bit early! (Born early last night)

A really good haircut, and a BBQ to end the day!

And what are we having for dinner?? Lol.....I would love a T-bone steak please? hehehe

My highlight was receiving such great advice on my How to enter the work force.....then sending out my resume, first one in 5 years, lol...

• Like 1

And what are we having for dinner?? Lol.....I would love a T-bone steak please? hehehe

My highlight was receiving such great advice on my How to enter the work force.....then sending out my resume, first one in 5 years, lol...

Well, it was steak actually .... Cooked rare, along with BBQ roast potatoes, grilled asparagus and a garden salad.

Congrats on sending out the resume. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Porthos

So I woke up early this morning to go to an all-day planning meeting for a volunteer initiative I'm part of. I was all "Grr, why am I doing this, do I even care anymore?"

Fast forward one carpool, two cups of coffee and a muffin later: I find myself standing in the sunshine with a ragtag band of fellow volunteers and one very enthusiastic outdoor education professional. And all of a sudden, I remembered why I do this.

Welcome back, sense of purpose!

• Like 2

Guest t**d**teur

Getting my new dishwasher and it really does look better in my kitchen than in the showroom.

Meg's new profile pic!!! Very nice Meg!!!

I agree ! Lol.. Well Porthos my comment on your post was going to be "Yup...one of God's beautiful creations" Instead I hit the wrong button and it was " Yup..Onx" hahahaha What the f is "onx"

Arrived at my daughters house after an easy and relaxing two day drive to 'Upper Canada'. A weeks holiday and family.

An absolutely awesome and most pleasant afternoon spent with a most wonderful CERB lady.

Just what I needed to escape the income tax blues and put that behind me.

Muchas gracias señorita! Justo lo que necesitaba!