Best Wishes and Speedy Recovery for Emb3750 (Eric) from Accident

I wish to extend best wishes to Eric on a speedy recovery from injuries sustained when his vehicle was struck by a drunk driver last night.

The vehicle didn't make it (written off), but seems like Eric will be okay even though he spent over 12 hours at the hospital being stitched and bandaged up before they released him.

This tragedy hits very close to home. Let me take a moment to urge each and every one of you to leave the car parked at home if you plan on drinking and don't hesitate to take the keys from someone you believe to be impaired so they don't harm themselves or others.

Edited by Mature Angela
  • Like 7

OMG this is horrible!

I agree with Ang, this is a great time to remind everyone that drinking and driving have major repercussions and we need to think of others.

Wishes for a speedy recovery! If you're reading this Eric, make sure you use the medical benefits attached to your Auto insurance policy to make sure that you heal 100% - Use the physio and massage options!!

First to Eric.

Take care buddy... you have become a great friend both on and offline in the past year. I need a healthy wingman.... so get better soon!!!

Angela... thanks for doing this. You are one of the true good souls on CERB, one that cares for the people in the fold.

For everyone else... Sunday marks the 34th anniversary of the death of a buddy. Barry was 16, with his whole life ahead of him. On Christmas eve, 1977, he and his girlfriend shared a bottle of wine at her house, and shortly after midnight he got into his car and headed for home. He never made it. His car went out of control and crashed into a cement light fixture. Barry died almost instantly from the injuries he sustained.

At 4 am, Christmas day, police showed up at the door of Barry's house and had to deliver the news to his parents. I can't think of a worse duty for a cop, and I can't think of a worse thing to hear as a parent.

That, my friends, is a ghost of Christmas past. I am so grateful that 34 years later, our friend Eric did not share Barry's fate. I do ask that for all of our sake, you exercise caution and good judgment when drink and distance are involved. You matter to more people than you can imagine.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

Thank you for letting us know Angela. And thank God he didn't suffer serious injuries. What a way to ruin someone's holiday. :( My prayers and positive vibes are being sent to you Eric. I'll take very good care of you in February. ;)

Eric - after meeting you at the social this is an even more personal get well soon wish and a wish for a speedy recovery.

It is difficult to continue to have people injured or worse due to drinking and driving, so may we all use this accident as a reminder to take care ourselves and to watch out for others.

Thanks Angela for letting us know.

I was with Angela last night when she received the text about EMB being in an accident. EMB, best wishes for a speedy recovery!! I am glad to hear he is okay but this is a message that definitely hits close to home. Please don't drink and drive. And Emb, I hope you sue the bastard who has caused you a great deal of pain.

I am also sending positive vibes in your direction, Eric. Sorry to hear about your incident, but glad you are recuperating. Hang tough!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

As others have said it's sad that in this day and age there are still people who think they can get behind the wheel of a car after having too many drinks, especially as there are so many other options out there to get you and your car home safely.

Thank you Angela for sharing this with us.

Hope you recover soon Eric!

I'm so disappointed that this stuff keeps happening. Where are the friends and family of these people when they decide to get behind the wheel?

Ohh Eric, I hope the best for you. I was stunned when I just read this! I hope you recover with ease, and hopefully no long lasting problems down the road! Wow, why do poeople continue to drink and drive?? My thoughts will be on you and yours this christmas! xoxo