What is for supper tonight?

A delicious plate of Chicken Biryani Basmati rice dish in the company of my lovely, gorgeous and classy SP friend. :biggrin:

homemade nachos with three different cheeses (chedder, salsa and jalapeneo), olives, garlic and onion, nuked till the cheese melts and washed down with a Becks no alcohol beer

RG

• Like 1

The best mac and cheese on the planet ... with extra, extra old cheddar cheese, crispy bacon in there, and the bread crumbs on top browned until golden. YUM!!!

• Like 1

Well it wasn't dinner, it was lunch. Took mom out for lunch, I had soup and salad

Soup, french onion soup...sooooo smothered in cheese the only part of the soup bowl you could see was the handle...cheese melted all over the bowl

Salad, a caesar salad...sooooo loaded with garlic it almost hurts to eat

One of my favourite restaurants

RG

Brother in law dropped off the annual cold cut deli platter and bakery sandwich rolls, plus some home made pickled peppers and pickled leeks. Off to buy mayo and assorted mustards. Between sandwiches and mooching holiday meals, I shouldn't have to cook for at least a week.lol

• Like 1

Guest C**Tra****er

I was in Ottawa for most of last week, so I'm a bit behind! I had pizza delivered :)

What is for Christmas Eve Supper

Mom, brother, sister in law, nephew and me together

Tonight, start off with appetizers (cheese, crackers, shrimp ring etc)

Then dinner I'm cooking spaghetti alla carbonara (spaghetti with eggs, parmesan cheese, cream, butter, and bacon)

Followed by mom's apple crisp

RG

• Like 1

Tonight:

Appetizers, is a dish once had in Cuba, yucca! Mashed and seasoned with anise, then pan fried into little cakes.

Pineapple ham glazed with maple syrup!

Mashed potato and veggies.

CHRISTMAS DINNER:

Christmas Goose. Stuffed with apple and oranges, cherries.

Cherry port glaze.

Brussels sprouts

Squash

Sweet potato

Carrots

Yorkshire pudding

MMMM, cant wait! I have never made a goose before, so hopefully I dont mess this dinner up, was very expensive to put together, lol

Will take a pic when done:)

Every year I make a big spread of dishes, I have everything complete. Now to set it up. The table is filled as friends and family stop by to say hello, eat, exchange gifts, chat and enjoy each others company and love. A family tradition I started when I became a Mama!!

I will have two types of punch: alcohol and non-alcohol

Pineapple meatballs

Chicken wings (honey garlic, hot/mild and plain)

Curry Chicken over a bed of rice

Honey garlic ribs

Ox tail

pig tails

Beef fried rice

Veggie tray with homemade dip

Fruit tray with homemade dip

Variety of desserts (Pie(s), lemon & caramel tarts and loafs

I broke out my crystal to fill with Christmas candies

My uncle who does not drink is the designated driver and has a mini van!!

madd.gif

http://madd.ca/madd2/en/giving/giving_donate_now_donate_phone.html

Happy Holidays and please don't drink and drive.

Love,

Lexy

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Supper tonight is with all my immediate family. Turkey and ham with chestnut dressing,mashed potatoes and a Scanadiavian Vegetarian dish,fresh baked breads,assorted veggies and a Cabernet to wash it down.

tonight is a simple meal with wild boar sausage

tomorrow, Christmas, my son and his girl friend are coming over and the menu will include:

eggnog (home made from scratch)

lots of snacks

turkey with sage apple stuffing

cranberry sauce

mashed potatoes

herbed green beans

baked red onions

'burnt' broccoli

various deserts - mincemeat tarts (real home made mincemeat) - shortbread cookies - and truffles made by my son's girlfriend (she is a chef)

lots of Zinfandel and Pinot Noir

I made a spinach quiche with lots of garlic for our Christmas Eve dinner. Fred made oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert. We might have a shrimp cocktail later. (Or we might just polish off that quiche.)

Tomorrow Fred is making his maple cider brined pork with yams. My contribution is the homemade applesauce.

Yesterday we had a wonderful pineapple honey glazed ham. Tonight ... leftover ham.

Porthos

I,m ahead of the leftovers this year woo hoo ! last night made turkey tetrazzini for supper,then pulled the rest and made some mini turkey pot pies and froze them, then tossed the carcass onions shallots carrots celery and spices into the soup pot and let it simmer over-night will finish tonight and the fridge is back to normal ready for a new years feast !!!

Going to start off with a couple of delicious cocktails and tben something tasty afterwards for dinner at CASEY'S bar & grill :)

Happy NEW YEAR to all :boobies:

Lazy winters day, put a blade roast in the slow cooker and will have a nice pot roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and parsnips. Always good for a few days.

Today I dressed up some mr noodle with some leftover chicken breast with broccoli and carrots.

Yesterday however; I had a special treat from up north New Brunswick by the beach. It was like a homemade meat pie but it was a seafood pie it was sooo f'n goood :)

• Like 1