Great ways to relax and unwind

:biggrin:We all need to take time to relax, for body and mind. some of my favorite ways to relax are:

go out to one of my favorite restaurants with a good friend

spend a few hours at my favorite spa

walk my dogs

watch a good movie

what are some of yours?

• Like 1

Mine tonight has been sitting on a deep freezer with my laptop so I can get an internet connection when I should be surfing online in my bed. lol. It's cold down here!

• Like 1

Thanks, Cristy.

I enjoy going to the gym, playing online games, getting lost in the woods anywhere, reading and trying new things. I mostly enjoy going to the gym, tho. I can't get enough of those happy endorphins. I like trying to push my body to new limits and after a stressful day it is the perfect realease of any bad energy. I find that I can relax better after going to the gym, so it is in connection to relaxing and I sleep better too.

Edited by Guest

Great thread Cristy,

Athough I have not done this in a very long time, my most favorite thing to do to relax would be to go camping. Fishing at sunrise or sunset, and just before a storm :) , cooking breakfast over a campfire or just relaxing with a book. (hmmm now this is going to be on my mind lol) Otherwise watching the cats trying to con treats out of me, playing with grandchildren, cooking, swimming and crocheting baby hats. Just a few off the top of my head.

• Like 2

I have many little things that I do....

1. painting:) I love to paint when the house is quiet and birds are singing to me:) I have been doing this since I was 6 years old, lol....not sure if I am good yet, hahahah. People say i am and should sell my work...I am not convinced yet and will keep trying to reach that potential...

2. watching my fish swim, sounds funny, but really is soothing. The sound of the water in the tank, watching the 2 gold fish I have frollic about, doing their daily chores cleaning their home, hahahah, there is something about it that I love:)

3. just sitting in a quite house, I am a big thinker and find I need to do this for at least an hour to gather my thoughts, gage how I am doing in my projects, etc....

4. And then when it is too quite, I like to sing...sing and sing!! I think some of my clients have snuck up me as I was singing before a date, LMAO...it helps to release tennsion for me:)

• Like 1

Camping which is where I am off to today. Several days of reading, quiet, walks or bike rides, and playing games around the picnic table beside the fire. No stress no pressure and sometimes just mindless nothingness.

If it's just a need to relax for a few hours, I like to turn off the radio , tv etc. and sit in an easy chair in total silence and do a little light reading.

To relax I like to fly my model plane or play with my parrot. Some times I'll offer my partner a massage because I can free my thoughts while I'm working on someone elses body, it can be deeply meditative.

• Like 1

Walking down the eye-pleasing green fairways of my favorite golf courses

Skiing/cruising down the snowy mountain tops of Whistler, Blackcomb, Tremblant etc.

Practising and learning martial arts with my favorite friends

Watching sports or movies on my TV

Listening to my favorite music

Ice-skating on the canal

Reading books and magazines of interest

----Relaxing for me is being in the water. I love it anytime of year.

----Being with friends and socializing

----Watching Keeping up with the Kardashians hahah!!!

To unwind means to me to be in a relaxed place where there is no pressure to think or do, but enjoy the moment. It can be as simple as sitting on my butt while weeding the flower gardens or sitting on the ride on mower, or getting lost in a great book.

My favorite way to unwind is to light a fire in my fire pit at night, sit back with a drink and a cigar and just stare into the flames and enjoy the peace of a quiet country night. Very peaceful, relaxing and tranquil!

Fishing (yes even in the winter, if the ice is thick enough)

Sometimes just a drive out in the country

Getting together with friends

On CERB

And once a month, the way I relax, unwind and escape, is with an encounter with one of the ladies from CERB...I'm going to relax tomorrow night in Toronto:-)

RG

Sitting on the deck, beer in hand, watching the birds at the feeders

Reading

Cooking ... I find cooking incredibly relaxing.

• Like 1

Guest jake_cdn

Like RG my list has to start with fishing, then sitting in an old-fashioned tavern drinking draft beer and reading the papers and last sitting in front of a fire looking out our picture window at the lake. It doesn't get any better than that.

Sigh !!!

Sitting on the deck, beer in hand, watching the birds at the feeders

quote]

Slightly different from yours -

After a round of golf, sitting on the deck, beer (sometimes) in hand, watching the birds at the feeders and listening to their chirping..

life is good! :icon_lol:

in the summer....fishing and drinking beer

in the fall....hunting and drinking Johnny Walker

in the winter... ice fishing and drinking Jack Daniels

in the spring...all of the above

1) Spa mani & pedi :biggrin:

2) Massages by my clients :boobies:

3) Cooking-relaxes me only because I love it and I am very good at it too ;)

Guest *ig*a**

For me its meditation,cooking,and a nice dry martini doesn't hurt.

Posted via Mobile Device

I like to spend time in the woods. Fishing, hunting, camping, horseback ride... Allways fun to have a special someone to share it with