Pet Peeves -anything and everything -but respect CERB rules

as a Driver, Jaywalkers while I'm driving across an intersection

as a Jaywalker, Drivers that don't slow down at an intersection

:)

• Like 1

When the posted speed limit is 80 and people are whizzing by at over 100 and those caught behind me, driving too close, impatient to pass me. Hey buddy, I'm not going to speed up and get a ticket because you're been a clown.

Unless it's a school zone, I do 10 over the limit. I don't get mad though if someone's following the speed limit and I happen to be behind them.

Going 20 or more UNDER the speed limit frustrates me though. Happens quite a bit here.

Also someone in the left lane on a multi-lane highway basically staying beside the traffic on the right. If you're not overtaking people on the right, you yourself should be on the right.

People riding bicycles on the street that don't obey the traffic signs. or going the wrong way on a one way street. Just driving on through red lights. Really pisses me off.

• Like 2

Line up at Tim's. The customer's been in line for five or six minutes. Gets to the cash.

"Umm... I want a (whatever) and a... Umm... One of those. No... Umm.. One of those."

SMH! You've been standing there doing nothing. You can't pre-decide what you want? What? It comes as a surprise they're going to want to know what you want?

Oh, and it's going to cost you money. Get your money or card out. And are you really going to use debit on a $1.50 coffee? And it takes three tries to remember your PIN?

Arrggg....

• Like 1

On the topic of road rules and cyclists. I have a bone to pick with motorists who feel they need to cross into oncoming traffic to pass a cyclist. It is excessive and dangerous. It is possible to safely pass a cyclist without leaving your lane. And a special place in Hell should be reserved for those who will not pass a bike when there is oncoming traffic. Argh!

stupid people....... that's it..... that's my only peeve.....stupid freakin people...there is just waaaaaay too many of them some days....

<....pads softly into thick trees.... gone...... for now......>

People riding bicycles on the street that don't obey the traffic signs. or going the wrong way on a one way street. Just driving on through red lights. Really pisses me off.

I ride a bicycle to work whenever possible.

Idiots who do those things make everyone on a bicycle look bad.

Nobody notices the dozens of bicycles riding properly but the one idiot sticks in the memory of drivers.

I also ride a Harley and same thing applies. Most motorcycle riders are pretty careful. But there's always a few who ride like they are invulnerable, or ride with open ear splitting exhausts. I'd say grow up, but most of them are already grown up and should know better eh?

• Like 1

Non-Stick Pans that are more Stick than Non after a couple of uses

People using their fingers to push the last bit of food on their plate onto their fork

I know this isn't their fault but people who sneeze loudly and 5-6 times in a row

People using their fingers to push the last bit of food on their plate onto their fork

I'm definitely guilty of this :P

Posted via Mobile Device

well.... speaking of OCD stuff.. if the sheets on my bed aren't 'right'... I cannot get in... there is a top and a bottom to a sheet...and they need to be the right way.... if the sheet doesn't go farther at the foot than the bedspread/quilt.. same thing, I'll feel it, and ...ugh!...no way.. get outta bed, make it right.. *then* go to sleep lol

<....mindlessly chasing own tail......>

well.... speaking of OCD stuff.. if the sheets on my bed aren't 'right'... I cannot get in... there is a top and a bottom to a sheet...and they need to be the right way.... if the sheet doesn't go farther at the foot than the bedspread/quilt.. same thing, I'll feel it, and ...ugh!...no way.. get outta bed, make it right.. *then* go to sleep lol

<....mindlessly chasing own tail......>

This all great information for us guys who want to get you into bed.... I am immediately heading upstairs to check my sheets :)

• Like 1

Since we're on the bed sheets & OCD topic. I don't care if the sheets or beadspread are all over the place and I'm a switch hitter when it comes to which side of the bed I have to sleep on

What really annoys me is having tucked in sheets, I feel like I've been stuffed into an envelope!!!

My feet need to be uncovered! footloose and fancy free !!!

• Like 2

hehe reminded me of years ago.... an inlaw.. in an attempt to get her daughter to stop her non-stop blabbing and mawing away at an egg salad sandwich while talking....(pieces of the eggs... bits of bread...ugh... falling out as she spoke...slobbery lips that won't shut up....soooo gross!!) finally said to her....

"that's enough now, don't talk with your mouth full...... KEEP EATING!" haha I just about fell off my chair laughing... hehehe

-------------

major pet peeve of the week for me; people that change their mind mid-day.... messes with my plans ... and most times... my fun :(

Some people just don't have any consideration for others. With their snow boots or snow shoes, they'd walk and step on cross-country tracks, ruining them in the process...and, I am talking about a path wide enough for a car to drive through... :-x

• Like 2

People who Do Not take the time for senior's, opening doors for the, helping with bags, do they need a hand with anything,, Just brushing them off because they do things slower! Well folks, That Will Be us somday-Just a thought

• Like 4

I watched someone the other day, in a coffee shop.. make a terrific mess of spilled coffee, milk... empty sugar packets and such.... looked right at it, noticed others looking at it (the milk was a 'surprise spill' so she had shrieked a bit..smiled at us... and then walked away... leaving a huge mess on the very small counter, obviously for someone else to clean up...(milk actually dripping off the counter onto the floor...)

really?? wow.... (I got up and cleaned it.....)

just because there may be staff there, doesn't mean a person can't clean up after themselves.... unbelievable... and I see it everywhere, a strange sense of oblivious self-entitlement or something..... tsk tsk.... their mother should be ashamed ...

Something that really bothers me (I would consider it a new pet peeve) is when you have the right away and you start to cross the street the car turning nearly hits you or needs to stop or speeds past. Has anyone noticed but it's winter with snow, ice, and god knows what else? I remember I swore at a lady for nearly hitting me, she screamed at me. Whatever, hit me you will lose your car lady. Such urg.

I have a huge pet peeve to certain noises. I also can't stand tire squealing, it's like the death for my ears.

A few weeks ago, I heard a car hit another car... that noise is so unpleasant.

Another massive pet peeve is when someone gets on the bus, sits next to me showered in perfume and you can't breathe cause it's too much. Which I open the windows despite how cold it is outside.

Most everyone has a place where they stash their loose change. For me, it's the top drawer of my night table. Last weekend in a surge of ambition and a touch of avarice my SO decided to empty my change drawer and roll up the different denominations. The total came to over $400.00! But that's not my pet peeve. The rest of the non monetary contents were left piled on top of the night table.

So now I'm out 400 bucks and I have a new mess to clean up. Why can't people put things back the way they found them. Fer Goodness sakes, they teach that in Kindergarten, don't they?

• Like 1

people who spend countless hours engaging in emails, wonderful detailed letters... spend time making arrangements.. causing others.. namely me.. to make arrangements.... going out of one's way to accommodate... only to end up a 'no-show'...... some people are just a pain in my ass..... good thing I don't have to tolerate that often hehe

....glass of wine in hand... breathe.... it's all good.. idiots and assholes are not something to waste much time on ;)

• Like 1