Pet Peeves -anything and everything -but respect CERB rules

Seeing ladies use snark in their ads. It's fairly common to see things along the lines of:

"better than her (upwards arrow) and her (downwards arrow)"

A local lady has actually put "don't get ripped off by her" in her headline. Ugh... it's so tacky! Not only does it show a lack of professionalism, but it's hardly going to attract a very refined clientele.

But hey, to each their own..... still annoys the hell out of me!

• Like 5

People who speed on the highway like it's the Indy 500. Was getting onto highway and witnessed a car who was also getting on in front of me almost get plowed by a car going in upward speeds of what was easily 140 kms. Its like slow the hell down! Killing someone isn't going to get them anywhere faster! It was like watching someone about to get killed in slow motion until they realized this psycho car coming at them and had to veer to the right very quickly! The entire time I was cringing!

Another one... Being out and about for the day and go to order grilled chicken from Wendy's. I rip off the bun because I don't need it because of the eating plan I'm on right now. What do I see? A big long black hair in it! I won't need to eat after seeing that!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Another one... Being out and about for the day and go to order grilled chicken from Wendy's. I rip off the bun because I don't need it because of the eating plan I'm on right now. What do I see? A big long black hair in it! I won't need to eat after seeing that!

Posted via Mobile Device

At least the hair wasn't short and curly.

• Like 2

Aww, Nicole, I feel for you. I'd be so mad, too!

Thanks for the little chuckles, though, I *do* hope you got it all out! :)

Ticked about people who can't (or don't) read and don't give a crap about doing the littlest thing in their interactions and initial contacts. Treating people, yes lovely PEOPLE like this in such a disrespectful way... *facepalm*

Please don't take this too seriously, either. Had to have a mini-vent, too, but the intended audience doesn't take heed and didn't read it anyway. :D

I start out direct, then get passive aggressive, and then full on aggressive if they won't use their bag. When people don't speak out they end up thinking their behaviour is fine.

Senseless entitlement drives me bonkers.

Monday morning, I go to get gas...some guy paying in front of line fails to tell the guy he is using credit card instead of debit card. Okay fine...then they start chit chatting and it turns out they know each other. Transaction is done and they are still talking about some party they're going to. This is where I interrupt them and tell them I'm a customer and have been standing here for 4 mins and have places to go. Discuss those things on your own private time. I dont think he liked that too much but too bad...the line has to keep moving. I used to have people work for me so I guess it comes naturally when I see things like that. Lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Drivers in front of me on the on ramp to the highway who don't speed up and merge fast enough leaving me with little or no lane left to move over.

People who put their cell phones on speaker in public places - I really don't want to hear your conversation.

Telemarketers calling my cell phone (bad enough on the home phone). There are so many new numbers being generated that the National Do Not Call List isn't that helpful.

• Like 1

Ignorant f*ucking people

People parking in my parking spot.

We all have assigned parking in my apartment. Someone, not a tenant, is parked in my spot:icon_mad:...I would park right in front of them so they can't get out but that would cause me to block others from getting in and out of their spots

There is guest parking available, guess this guest doesn't want to walk in the rain

But I guess he think's it's ok for a tenant who pays for parking to have to park in guest parking and have to walk in the rain

RG

• Like 1

The garbage guys throwing the recycle bins around where they land in the road or the driveway. Like, geesh....

People who have no awareness of the world around them.

Specifically:

- People who leave their shopping cart blocking the aisle and give me a dirty look when I either say "excuse me" or just gently move the cart so I can get past.

- Groups of people who don't understand the concept of sharing the sidewalk. Walking three, four, even five abreast is not really okay unless the sidewalk is otherwise empty. Walk two abreast, and if you need to, shuffle to single-file to let someone past.

- When there are large lineups somewhere and the line is more of a pool which is not only blocking the door, but is also making it hard for staff to get around you, don't give me a dirty look and make snarky comments to your friends when I address the problem by speaking in a clear and raised voice to direct people to keep the line, and move it in such a way as it does not clog the door nor obstruct the employees. Yes, I'm a woman. Yes, I just told you what to do. No that doesn't make me a bitch. It makes me someone who is assertive and has a higher degree of consideration and awareness than you. Get over it, cupcake. If you're so threatened by a woman giving you orders you must have a hard time functioning, especially in a relationship.

• Like 1

People who have no awareness of the world around them.

Specifically:

- People who leave their shopping cart blocking the aisle and give me a dirty look when I either say "excuse me" or just gently move the cart so I can get past.

- Groups of people who don't understand the concept of sharing the sidewalk. Walking three, four, even five abreast is not really okay unless the sidewalk is otherwise empty. Walk two abreast, and if you need to, shuffle to single-file to let someone past.

- When there are large lineups somewhere and the line is more of a pool which is not only blocking the door, but is also making it hard for staff to get around you, don't give me a dirty look and make snarky comments to your friends when I address the problem by speaking in a clear and raised voice to direct people to keep the line, and move it in such a way as it does not clog the door nor obstruct the employees. Yes, I'm a woman. Yes, I just told you what to do. No that doesn't make me a bitch. It makes me someone who is assertive and has a higher degree of consideration and awareness than you. Get over it, cupcake. If you're so threatened by a woman giving you orders you must have a hard time functioning, especially in a relationship.

Are you my long lost sister? lol

So today is a Sunday bike day, and since it's a beautiful sunny day, I thought I would take the opportunity to go out for a little inline skating on the River Parkway. Not long after I had been on my skates, at least on two occasions, a cyclist would swoop past me on my right. I know your bicycles are much faster, but at least be a little cordial and obey the rules of the roads - pass on the left! :mad:

Guest P*rry

Drivers who mistake merge signs for stop signs. Merge means adjust speed to merge with traffic. It doesn't mean stop and stay put until there is no car in sight.

So today is a Sunday bike day, and since it's a beautiful sunny day, I thought I would take the opportunity to go out for a little inline skating on the River Parkway. Not long after I had been on my skates, at least on two occasions, a cyclist would swoop past me on my right. I know your bicycles are much faster, but at least be a little cordial and obey the rules of the roads - pass on the left! :mad:

That, of course, assumes that the slower traffic was keeping right in the first place... and if there's room for people to overtake you on the right, it's a pretty solid indication that you weren't.

Same goes for cars on the highway. If you don't want to drive on the right, please don't complain about other, faster traffic doing so :)

That, of course, assumes that the slower traffic was keeping right in the first place... and if there's room for people to overtake you on the right, it's a pretty solid indication that you weren't.

Same goes for cars on the highway. If you don't want to drive on the right, please don't complain about other, faster traffic doing so :)

There was room for these two cyclists to overtake me on the right because being on a bike, they could go over cracks ( more cracks by the curb), sewer drains and small debris on the right side near the curb and I couldn't on my skates. Keep in mind that sewer drains and debris tend to be or gather near the curb side. I tried to stay in the middle of the right hand lane ( on the two west bound lanes) and there were plenty of rooms for anyone to pass me on the left. My feeling is they were going too fast on their racing bikes.

I love having friends over, I really do, but it annoys me to no end when we are saying bye and they start a whole new conversation for 20 minutes! Then when I say "Why don't you guys come back inside and sit down" I get the "no we really have to leave" and they still carry the conversation lol!

So when all else fails, I use the old "I'm really sorry, I have to go to the bathroom" That pretty much ends it

:)

Bikers overtaking on the paved shoulder on the highway when traffic is at a crawl. We'll all get there eventually. No need to be reckless and potentially endanger yourself and others.

• Like 1

When you make silly typos in the shout box. Unable to correct them-and can make you look loopy..lol! Happy Monday! :)

The dreaded typo. Even worse is a typo that your device decides is a word you'd like to save and keeps auto-replacing normal words with it. Had to shut off auto-fill, auto-save and auto-correct features on my device, because it was just getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

When you make silly typos in the shout box. Unable to correct them-and can make you look loopy..lol! Happy Monday! :)

You can always correct shoutbox typos. Just go to archived, it will give you an edit option. Then correct.

Bicycle riders in city streets. They do not obey street regulations. No stops, no signals and whatever other rules they break.

I almost got in an accident with a bike rider mature enough to know the rules. He was traveling and turning on his left, he did not stop and found himself facing vehicle facing him that veer my way. Talking about putting breaks on.

Nothing bad happen except when he continued and i asked him he he was ok.

All I got in return is the one finger salute!!!

Now that really pissed me off.

• Like 3

I agree whole-heartedly Cabernet!! as an avid cyclist, I see some seriously stupid drivers of both cars and bikes. Cyclists seem to think that they don't need to follow the rules of the road because they aren't a car... I almost got hit by a car because a cyclist did something completely stupid and cut around a car who was having trouble deciding when they were going to turn (drove real slow for a few blocks with signal lights on... ugh!! hehe) another car had to swerve to avoid the cyclist... and almost hit me... I got myself together, chased down the idiot on the bicycle for a good ten minutes...and reamed her out for being an ass <grin> worst part, the twit had no idea she had done anything wrong OR had almost caused me and my wonderful bike to get creamed....

I have little patience for morons whether they be on two wheels or four ;)

wow.... rant <sorry hehe>

• Like 2