Pet Peeves -anything and everything -but respect CERB rules

How an initial text from someone starts off..."Rates, location?" "Address?" $!@%!!!!

Reminds me of the old cybersex come ons in IRC. Age/sex/location? Talk about a romantic opening line! Sheesh!

• Like 1

Still getting weekly calls from telemarketers -- after being on the National Do Not Call List for two years.

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/insnum-regnum-eng

• No I do not need my ducts cleaned - I live in an apartment
  • No I do not need a new driveway - I live in an apartment
  • Well known energy company calling to tell me I need a new hot water heater / furnace - I live in an apartment
  • Telephone recordings -- "You have won a cruise" -- call us back immediately -- SCAM
  • Telephone recordings -- Call us back immediately regarding your credit -- SCAMS
  • Carpet cleaning service -- I have hardwood floors
  • Credit card company's calling to offer me a reduced interest rate -- I have a Visa Debit Card -- there is no interest rate!
  • Roger's Cable calling to ask if I am happy with their service(s) - I have been with Bell Fibe TV for over a year
  • Police Association and Firefighter Association - veteran or memorial fund drives -- SCAM
  • Insurance companies offering me a break on my car insurance - I do not own a vehicle
  • We have a technician in your area..... - SCAM {Don't call me - I will call you if I need something fixed}
  • The list goes on and on and on.... :(

PUSHY -- PUSHY -- PUSHY -- They never take "no I am not interested" as an answer

• Like 2

People who don't listen. People who don't care. And people who are inconsiderate. Now for some context. I flew out of Toronto on a Porter Puddle Jumper yesterday. They boarded the flight starting with the back, rows 10-20. These planes are small, cramped and do not afford a lot of storage space. When they called the rows, I stood in line and had my boarding pass checked along with everyone else. To my chagrin, upon entering the cabin I saw at least three passengers in rows 1-9 trying to stuff oversized bags (carry on only in the most literal definition) into the overhead compartments. While these three self-important idiots held up everyone else as they pushed and shoved their massive packs into the overhead glove compartments, I had time to ponder...

1. Was the guy at the ticket counter brain dead? Or did he just not give a shit? Surely he must know what numbers rank below 10, shouldn't he?

2. Did the three ass holes not listen to the boarding call? Or did they not give a shit too?

3. Why would someone struggle and push their belongings into a space much too small for the bag when the airline offered carry on check service? Were they worried someone would lose their bag, or were they so devoted to their stuff that they could not be further than three feet from it at all times?

4. And finally, did the three ass holes and the airline staff not see the delay and frustration they collectively caused? Or did they collectively not give a shit?

• Like 2

Lately my biggest pet peeve is when you are on a phone call with someone and that person is having another conversation with someone while they are on the phone with you.

People that let their dogs poo anywhere and don't pick it up.

Yes I was running in Point Pleasant Park on Monday and a guy let his dog have a big one and I just stopped and asked him if he was going to pick it up. He said this is a park of nature and there is no need.

Hell if everyone did this we couldn't walk in there.

• Like 1

Yes I was running in Point Pleasant Park on Monday and a guy let his dog have a big one and I just stopped and asked him if he was going to pick it up. He said this is a park of nature and there is no need.

Try this next time ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTId1JAb1mP5VMDu6MibLSBIoMdHfFl5KEXXWx9AAhOFAbnX0e

• Like 4

A big pet peeve of mine-assholes who own dogs. Sadly there are so many like him.

• Like 1

Rudeness is in the eye of the beholder I guess,

but:

- Going on a first date or at a business meeting with someone that chews with thier mouth open is a big turn off,

- The tough guy who shakes hands with a death grip just to show how strong he is,

- public farting, OK when old people do it, its funny,

- not holding doors open for the ladies (of any age),

- People who could not otherwise talk if they took the word fuck out their vocabulary,

- lets not forget about the public "snot miners"

Must be having a grumpy day, time for a glass of wine....

• Like 1

Well beyond a pet peeve, a strong dislike to put it mildly, much more than most here know, but my family, for what they have put me through :icon_mad:

I find it very difficult to be around them, even to talk to them

Nuff said

RG

- Rudeness :ablow:

- Poor Manners, no class

- Lack of respect for local cultures when traveling

- Aggressive drivers

- Loud cell phone conversations in public

And oh yeah, what ever happen to common sense?

That sums it up for me!

Why in this day of computers, when the tax year ends on December 31st, can't all tax slips be issued by the middle of January? Other than RRSP contributions which can be made up until the last day of February, everything else should have been issued a month and a half ago.

The cynical part of me says that the government is earning interest for two months on all of the little refunds that are owed to many of us.

Why in this day of computers, when the tax year ends on December 31st, can't all tax slips be issued by the middle of January? Other than RRSP contributions which can be made up until the last day of February, everything else should have been issued a month and a half ago.

The cynical part of me says that the government is earning interest for two months on all of the little refunds that are owed to many of us.

This is a problem of the employer. They are the ones who actually issue the T-4 slips. During my many years of working I did not know an employer who did not screw up at least one persons pay every pay period. That is why they are slow issuing the T-4 slips. They are still scrambling to fix errors.

Note: Always verify each and every paycheck you receive to ensure it is accurate. Most companies have a special form for you to fill out when you find errors. Some companies will also offer to deduct an extra $20 per pay for income tax. This can make a big difference at tax time. Any over payment is refunded. OR if you owe then you will not owe quite as much.

• Like 1

When people say "morning" instead of good morning. I always want to say "yes...yes it it"

I guess I'm a stickler

That's cool.

I generally say "morning" instead of "good morning". I do this consciously to avoid the "Is it really a good morning" debate. And I do it because I'm linguistically lazy. Like everyone else, I say Fed Ex instead of Federal Express, KFC instead of Kentucky Fried Chicken and "That's cool" instead of "OMG will you just lighten up, just nod your head, smile and move on!" :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 1

People who refuse to use a laundry basket to carry things on from the dryer and instead intend (failing many times) to carry the whole pile of clothes only using their hands. Oh wait, that's me who always do that and end up having to rewash something because it falls from the pile. So I have to stop being stubborn and use the basket :)

Clients who cancel because of stupid reasons such as "ohh it slipped my mind" lol, lol,lol !! Dummy, have you not heard of karma!

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 1

Guest Be***iful****lah

People treating children like they are animals or slaves to mindlessly obey every word or thing an adult authorizes. Publicly humiliating them...makes me lose my mind.

Totally agree with you Delilah, have seen it more times that I'd like and just recently read an example of what you are saying :(

http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/you-just-broke-your-child.html

People treating children like they are animals or slaves to mindlessly obey every word or thing an adult authorizes. Publicly humiliating them...makes me lose my mind.
  • Like 1

People who use texting short-cut language when writing pm's or emails. Drives me crazy.

Whoops - caught myself - used the word "UR" instead of "your" when I sent someone a pm this morning from my iphone.

• Like 4

People who don't take care of their gardening equipment. Listening to your sputtering lawn mower (8 houses over) and hearing that it takes an hr to cut a small lawn drives me crazy! A simple tune up...bring it here, I will do it for free to not hear that noise! Same with your weed eater and pressure washer! Shot, do that on a Thursday or Friday evening after work.

• Like 2