Pet Peeves -anything and everything -but respect CERB rules

Being from a small town I was taught to hold doors open for people that had their arms full of packages, a baby carrier or anyone who was immediately behind you, etc. It really grinds my gears when I do this and the person I held it for doesn't have the courtesy to at least say "thank you!" There you have it my latest gripe!

I say thank you, and then being thru the door first, will usually open and hold the door for them if my hands arent full. Zero effort and just plain good manners. :-)

• Like 1

Well this is my latest...no sorry longest lasting pet peeve as it were. I realize that I am "beating a dead horse" here but I have to say it anyway. It drives me nuts when here on Cerb guys see a lady worthy of a recommendation and they don't post one! How many frickin times has this been talked about and still it doesn't happen. Do we not ALL benefit from posted recommendations? The ladies deserve recognition for providing outstanding quality and the guys need to know who is worthy of seeing next. Why is it then that I still see threads entitled "Has anyone seen lady X?" Invariably one of the response posts will be "Yeah I saw her a real nice lady who provides great service." Why, why do you not post a recommendation for this lady? I can not understand why this still happens, I mean WTF??

Having said all of that I bet for damn sure that the recommendations posted by the rest of us are being read by these guys! So what recos. are a useful and valuable tool for YOU to read but not for YOU to post for others to have? My friends this is a two way street...so stop hogging the damn road!

• Like 3

The way the sanitation workers toss my recycle and garbage bins on the lawn (sometimes in the middle of the road) once they have emptied them.

The way the sanitation workers toss my recycle and garbage bins on the lawn (sometimes in the middle of the road) once they have emptied them.

If the wind picks up after they empty (ahem) them and throw them about, they get scattered all over my street. Since most of us have our addresses on them, my neighbours and I can be seen walking garbage cans home frequently. Met some of my neighbours that way! :)

Housekeeping banging on door and yelling housekeeping across hall at 9am while still sleeping on Sunday morning. :roll:

Additional Comments:

The constant third degree from taxi drivers ..Mind your #@%&ing business. :grin:

Housekeeping banging on door and yelling housekeeping across hall at 9am while still sleeping on Sunday morning. :roll:

I'll take it one further... hosekeeping walking in on you while you're on your knees in a compromising position. Yes, this really did happen!

Standing in the checkout line, and there's a line-up, and the person checking out buys a scratch and win ticket, plays it, buys another, plays it etc etc etc while everyone behind is waiting...rude on the customer's part and the cashier's part too (he/she should move the line along)

People in a grocery store thinking it's a social event, and start chatting it up with friends while blocking aisles

People who don't hold doors for others

People who don't say thank you when the door is held

Drivers who don't let drivers into traffic

Drivers who don't give a wave when they have been let into traffic

People who can't park between the lines...I drive a full size pick up truck and tow a boat/trailer and can back it up in tight spaces, how hard is it to park head first between the lines with a small car?

People who eat with their mouths open or talk with their mouths full

I know, some peeves covered before, these are some of mine

• Like 1

Drivers who stop and talk to one another in their cars in the middle of the road knowing full well someone is behind them while you have to honk to get them to move. Meanwhile, they give you a dirty look for interrupting their conversation.

People in the check-out line at the grocery store who are standing in the way of letting you put your stuff on the check-out line.

Drivers who stop and talk to one another in their cars in the middle of the road knowing full well someone is behind them while you have to honk to get them to move. Meanwhile, they give you a dirty look for interrupting their conversation.

And it's really bad when it's two police cruisers, then your afraid to interupt the police officer's conversation

RG

Pet peeve is when new members create their profiles and do not give their location or say they are hobbyists when in fact they are providers and when men use names that are feminine ... ughh !

Yes, that is very unconsidered of them. This is the first thing I ask for after greeting them and I have gotten the 'I washed them before coming here'. Yes, but after that you touched door knob, car keys, car handle, the door to get in my location which many other have touched too, etc. A lot of people do not realize how important washing their hands is :(

Guys who don't wash their hands when they come visit me, but then want to finger.

In another topic, mine are real pet peeves lol ....

- When people take their dogs out for a 'walk' and do not scoop/clean after them. Again, people do not quite realize the consequences of this.

- People who take their dogs for walks/runs to or near parks and ignore the 'dogs on leash' signs. To all of them their dogs are very friendly harmless creatures but they don't understand they act out of instinct.

I'll take it one further... hosekeeping walking in on you while you're on your knees in a compromising position. Yes, this really did happen!

Where are those "Do Not Disturb" signs? And did they have to hose you down? ;)

Guest G***f******
Not moving over in elevator.

And people who don't wait for you to exit, before they try and push their way on.

This might be a little silly, but it does drive me nuts.

People here on CERB are a community. A community that has come together for a singular reason. A relaxed and fun place to chat and such in the forums, recommend SP's, learn and grow (along with the obvious reason).

SP's, but especially Hobbiests, I would rather look at a funny/sexy/personal Avatar than that stupid question mark. Anything! Even a smiley face! Make it your "other" signature if you like. Make it a goofy one. I don't really care. But damn those ????? drive me insane. :roll:

images?q=tbn:mUSXxbl4DGa6nM:

Thank you.

Back to your regularly scheduled pet peeves....

drivers who stop at red lights ,than decided to do everything they can while waiting for the light to change and are not ready when the light changes back to green .

people who are always in a battle of one-up-manship , what would they do if they ever met neil armstrong ?

after a long day of work , stopping in a local watering hole and be given a warm beer .

bartenders and waiters/waittresses that go for breaks without getting anyone to cover for them .

people who feel the need to use curse words in every single conversation .

dr. phil

Drivers, at a red ligth on the left lane, who wants to cut through stopped traffic to use the "turn right exit" two lanes away.

Drivers speeding away and moving between cars when there is just enough room for their cars. Its scary like hell when your on the highway on the left lane on your way to pass another car.

Being tailgated on the left lane and wanting to move on the right, but also having another car in your "angle mort".

Waiting in line at the cash (one open) along with a few pepople with other cashiers hiding away "looking busy".

This might be a little silly, but it does drive me nuts.

People here on CERB are a community. A community that has come together for a singular reason. A relaxed and fun place to chat and such in the forums, recommend SP's, learn and grow (along with the obvious reason).

SP's, but especially Hobbiests, I would rather look at a funny/sexy/personal Avatar than that stupid question mark. Anything! Even a smiley face! Make it your "other" signature if you like. Make it a goofy one. I don't really care. But damn those ????? drive me insane. :roll:

images?q=tbn:mUSXxbl4DGa6nM:

Thank you.

Back to your regularly scheduled pet peeves....

Chanel

Just thought I'd let you know I like how you keep changing up your avatar, very creative and fresh...wish I was creative

A compliment in a thread with seas of peeves

RG ;)

Chanel

Just thought I'd let you know I like how you keep changing up your avatar, very creative and fresh...wish I was creative

A compliment in a thread with seas of peeves

RG ;)

Thank you. :-)

I know it's silly of me...but then again I dont let too much bother me, and if it does I try to correct it.

It is my pet peeve -- the misuse of the words discreet and discrete. I appreciate that part of the confusion may be a French/English choice of words to denote confidential or private (discreet in English and discrete in French). In English discrete means separate or apart -- probably not the intention of someone who suggests a "discrete" encounter.

Now don't get me going on irregardless.

Rudy3

Irregardless - I like being discrete! :wink:

It is my pet peeve -- the misuse of the words discreet and discrete. I appreciate that part of the confusion may be a French/English choice of words to denote confidential or private (discreet in English and discrete in French). In English discrete means separate or apart -- probably not the intention of someone who suggests a "discrete" encounter.

Now don't get me going on irregardless.

Rudy3

Irregardless - I like being discrete! :wink:

LMAO We know about the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, do we now have a Spelling Nazi on Cerb...j/k..who really cares about a couple of spelling errors:rolleyes: regardless carry on folks :)

This girl has her pet peeves delivered soooo..... um..... eloquently.....

When you check your voicemail and it's a hang up. Jeeze...if you had enough time to talk to me surely you had enough time to leave a message. If you are too shy to, there is ample time to hang up before the voicemail kicks in!