Your favourite present as a kid

When I was a young lad I received an SSP Smash Up Derby present. It was one of my favourite toys and I played with it all the time.

th_546552888_SmashUpDerby1.0_122_235lo.jpg

Favourite present as a kid

Well since I still remember the Christmas present, which I got when I was ten, it was a German Sheppard puppy, came as a complete surprise, a good surprise

RG

• Like 1

Space Lego. I was over the moon, until I found out - the hard way - that a Lego spaceship won't survive a flight down the stairs. There were tears... and then a full-blown tantrum when I was made to pick all the pieces up too. Talk about adding insult to injury...

• Like 1

Electric train set when I was about 12, I still have it and I have built a large size (HO) train track in my basement at home and now have 14 locomotive and about 300 wagon to pull.

• Like 1

Every year, I looked forward to my new PJ's! As a child all 3 us girls would have new PJ's to change into Xmas eve:)

I still continue with this tradition. This year I am hosting dinner at my place, and as my guest walk in they are all getting PJ's :)

• Like 1

Baby Wanna Walk!

I wanted her so bad and nothing else, I got her. Her name was Christine, she went everywhere with me and she walked so I didn't usually take my doll stroller.

They have new versions of her now that are so much cuter and less creepy now that I look back at old pictures, Christine was not so cute and kind of like the female version of the Chucky doll but I cherished and loved her lol!!

Z0071382.jpg

• Like 1

We lived in a very snow hit section of Cape Breton and when I was 12 my sister and I received a small ski doo. Remember way back when, the Elan 250 . I loved that ski doo, it led me to my first ever money making venture , snaring rabbits .( sorry to all I may offend ) .

I had lots of fun as well of course but it permitted me to venture deep into the forest and catch lots of rabbits . Business boomed amd the phone never stopped ringing with requests .

Hey I was way more popular then than I am now . To bad the coyotes ate all the rabbits !! :biggrin:

• Like 2

So many. When I was five I got a toy road grader that I still have today.

Also, always enjoyed receiving latest version of table hockey games which we played with for hours. Pals in the neighborhood would all have similar games and we would visit each other having home and away games.

• Like 1

My best gift ever was a baseball glove. I even slept with it sometimes. To this day, when I get stressed or anxious, I always think back to playing ball. It's my happy place.

• Like 3

Two different Christmas memories come to mind. First there was King Zor! He was a blue/green dinosaur that rumbled and roared and when you shot his tail he would turn on you and shoot you with his integrated canon ball launcher. Basically he was one fucked up dino with attitude.

The second was Mattel's Thing Maker complete with plastic goop. I spent hours making scary bugs and monsters. You would never see a toy like that today, because the heating element could give you a wicked burn. In spite of that, I managed to survive childhood.

• Like 1

Lego. Nothing but lego. I would play with it for ever. I even get excited when my 7yo nephew wants to play it with me.

2nd would be GI Joe. The big one. I remember I was playing with a doll, wacking off and shaving (not at the same time) but all at the age of 13.

Weird eh?

• Like 1

Strombecker Road Race set when I was about 8. But it was for me and my older brother. He put 'Oil' all over the track cause he thought he could make the tires smoke. He wrecked it.

160526737800.jpg

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The first snowmobile a 1968 Olympic 12 horse. I was all smiles until I was told I had to share it with my younger brother!

The two gifts I recall the most were not toys. One was a am/fm cassette player with built in speakers, very high tech for the year I go it and I wore it completely out. Music was my life. The second was a violin shaped music box that played Edelweiss, a song that was very dear to me for no apparent reason.

I also always got a GC for a bookstore and would spend hours picking out my books. Back in the day when you could get a few for $20.

• Like 1