Reading 101: Is the popular industry lingo preventing you from...

I agree that people getting lazier, especially with reading. They look at photos, scan through to pick out a tiny bit of information (usually rates and contact info) then ask questions that were already answered on a website.

I find this irksome, but it's not clients who do this: it's everyone. We have a wonderful world that is full of conveniences and condensed material. Gone are the days when people would take their time and read through something. They read the headline or, at best, scan the article.

A lot of men see our photos and get all excited and in that excitement they neglect to do their due diligence and read the information ladies provide for them. But hey: we've all done that at times. The reality is that this is becoming more and more common and it's absolutely laziness.

• Like 4

It's been my experience with ad copy that people see what they want to see, hear what they want to here, and believe what they want to believe about what was said in an ad. It's one of the most frustrating parts of ad design. No matter how much you write something out in crayon, people will chose to interpret it however they wish. I spend a lot of time "dummy proofing" ads and people always find unforeseen ways of misinterpretation. I think that this is just par for the course. I have read your ads and have always found them very well written. Your meanings are very clear with little room for interpretation. I think you just have to accept that people will ask anyway.

Edited by Mikeyboy
  • Like 3

I can request no calls after 10pm until I'm blue in the face and there will still be some clueless fool who is calling at midnight.

I put it out there because the legit clients *do* read what we've written.

At this point, I don't even bother with guys who obviously haven't read the website.

• Like 3

At this point, I don't even bother with guys who obviously haven't read the website.

Agree with this 100%. If someone doesn't take the time to read anything on my page or ads and my auto response to their email, I assume they aren't serious and I don't take their requests seriously. It's just blatant ignorance and disrespect. I can't stand either.

• Like 3

I stopped asking incall or outcall? long ago. Now I ask my place or yours. So much easier. I still remember a text is this Sarah? I replied no, this is meaghan. I few minutes later he asked is this sally. I said lol no. This went on a couple of times till I asked him if he even read my reply. I certainly was not interested in seeing someone who didn't even read my text message.

It is refreshing though when someone inquires with "Hi, my name is bill and I would like to schedule an hour with you at your incall at xx time on xx date. I understand your rate is xx and love your website." It tells me he has read my information. I genuinely look forward to our encounter.

• Like 1

Hosting at, or Hosting from, who cares, the magic word that counts is hosting. When the lady writes she is hosting that means an incall

Consideration, Honorarium, Rates, Donation, Gift who cares...any of these terms means the same and always easy to locate on a website

Upscale incall location. How many complaints have I read from guys who went to an incall that was a seedy hotel/motel or apartment. By writing upscale the lady is letting prospective clients know the incall isn't a seedy hotel/motel or apartment. I don't know about you but I don't want a date in an incall that's a dive

You may want to cut to the chase as you put it. To me a lady's website should reflect her personality and give me an idea if she and I would click

A website shouldn't be reduced to "just the facts", the website should show a lady as unique from other ladies. I suppose cutting to the chase, all you'd need is one cell phone photo full front is enough. Terrible these ladies get professional photographers and have galleries. All the time it takes going through all those pictures makes it harder to cut to the chase.

Something that could be done with one picture

Funny thing, generally speaking, in my experience, ladies who have a website which reflects their personality, shows a bit of effort have been ladies I've had great dates with. Those with minimalist websites, little effort, seemed to be cavalier about encounters, viewing me, the client, as nothing more than a wallet

Anyhow, a long winded rambling

RG

• Like 3

If there's a way to misinterpret, misunderstand or totally frig it up - humans are capable of an incredible array of whatever. It would be great if people would actually read and understand and comply with the website instructions.

Nope.

Let the games begin.

• Like 1

I agree that people getting lazier, especially with reading. They look at photos, scan through to pick out a tiny bit of information (usually rates and contact info) then ask questions that were already answered on a website.

I find this irksome, but it's not clients who do this: it's everyone. We have a wonderful world that is full of conveniences and condensed material. Gone are the days when people would take their time and read through something. They read the headline or, at best, scan the article.

A lot of men see our photos and get all excited and in that excitement they neglect to do their due diligence and read the information ladies provide for them. But hey: we've all done that at times. The reality is that this is becoming more and more common and it's absolutely laziness.

I agree , especially the bold text. This is modern society in a nutshell. We have become lazy in everything we do and along with the laziness is impatience. It's like a bunch of adhd 4 year olds who want everything right now and are clueless about anything outside their aura.

As for myself, I love a well thought out ad or website that shows me more than just a few sexy pics and the basics in simplified terms. That may be just me though. I'm not sure. Regardless of how it's written, it would serve us all well to take the time to read before we pick up the phone and start texting. I understand that the LG is hard and wants to play but we still have a brain somewhere, don't we?

• Like 1

I mostly see clients who aren`t seasoned hobbyists and don`t know a thing about how all this works. I take the time and explain it to them and they are grateful for that. I offer massage and SP services but when I said the word `FS` they didn`t know what it meant. I had to explain it in a way where I didn`t want to come right out and say If someone doesn`t seem to understand a certain lingo or protocol I ask them to follow, I just explain it. Yes, a lot of people dont bother reading which can be annoying. I still have to explain it. I consider it par for the course in this business.

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn

Too many here assume they are "typical" pooners. The prevailing board dogma is not the prevailing pooner dogma. Even the other board is very different.

Board members are a tiny sample. Most guys use their phone because they cannot risk using a computer that their wife and kids share. An elaborate website does nothing for them.

I have tried to get guys to join and they won't even look at the site!

Guest *Ste***cque**

***SP Ad template*** for guys tired of dealing with wordy ads and SP's looking for that type.

Pussy 4 sale (pic attached)

corner of 4th and Vine

24/7

$200/hr

Good luck... to both parties :)

I'll stick with reading CERB ads and getting to know a bit about them

It really doesn't matter how elaborate or simple an ad or website is...the fact is some guys just either don't read or don't care...lol they will ask the same questions anyway. Some dudes just look at the pics...C'est la vie. I either answer or don't..depends on my mood.

• Like 4

I find that in general, todays interpersonal writing is "instant gratification" oriented. Text, emails, auto correcting, "why phone when you can text" all contribute to a general sense of malaise for many. Personally, I enjoy reading a lady ad who is being classy, creative and consistent in her messaging and I will always respond in kind.

I was fortunate to have spent a wonderful couple of hours with Gabriella a couple of years ago in Halifax. She is in person exactly as she portrays herself here - a class act.

In business venacular it is know as being consistent with your "brand" which is in turn defined as the idea created in the buyers' mind about the product or service offered. In business "Branding" is critical for long term success.

I'm sure some guys just want to get laid as was pointed out a few posts ago. I'm looking for a more complete experience, one that involves both the body, mind and spirit.

Musings from an older guy.

• Like 3

Too many here assume they are "typical" pooners. The prevailing board dogma is not the prevailing pooner dogma. Even the other board is very different.

Board members are a tiny sample. Most guys use their phone because they cannot risk using a computer that their wife and kids share. An elaborate website does nothing for them.

I have tried to get guys to join and they won't even look at the site!

My guess though based on what you say, is those men are more likely to look at BP or CL for dates. Any looking of a lady's website like Gabriella's (and others) is not done with any serious thought or attempt at booking. Likely they are at the most window shoppers and tire kickers when it comes to viewing those websites, not gentlemen with a serious intention of booking the lady for a date

The tiny sample you refer to are likely the type of client that lady seeks to attract. Those with the prevailing pooner attitude as you put it, likely seek a different experience better catered to by ladies who have simple websites, or are on BP or CL.

You also say most of those men use phone to book. Well most of the ladies who have elaborate websites use email for booking and utilize screening/verification in their booking process. Should they have to change to accommodate men who use phone only. Don't think so

These ladies with the elaborate websites aren't trying to do a thing for those men, they are trying to do something for the men who appreciate amongst other things, the website the lady produced, which is a reflection of them, and the companionship they offer

BTW the ladies I've seen that have elaborate websites, their websites gave an accurate reflection of them and it was part of the reason I booked a date with them

Just my opinion

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

If a ladies ad refers to website I always take a few minutes to review the site.

That said if I have never met the lady before I will usually engage the lady in a short conversation as for me personally this initial contact tells me a lot about the lady. I will normally try not to recover ground that the lady has spent considerable time covering on her site but I am pretty sure I have... there is only so many things to say.

I appreciate that for me it is just a simple question or two but for you it is hundreds of the same questions from many men. So i will keep that more in mind.

Very interesting Thread Thanks

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

It might be more correct to say you are hosting AT an location not FROM a l Everything 99% of guys want could be put on one page: a few pics, specific list of services, incall area, hours. That's it. No need to list your favourite exotic wines or list what kind of purse you want as a gift.

Dickens got paid by the word, you don't.

Remember the Skunk Works motto: "Keep It Simple Stupid".

Probably not what you wanted to hear but it is what most actual guys would say. I think you need to hear that.

My Backpage ad consists of an introductory line, followed by rates, availability and my website. Location is in the title of the post.

It could not be more simple. Do I still have guys calling me outside my POSTED availability? Yup. Do I still have guys calling and asking my rates? Yup. Do I still have guys asking what area I'm in? Yup.

As I said before, if you are actually serious about meeting me, you'll read the info. The rest are WOTS and I don't have time for that.

• Like 1

My Backpage ad consists of an introductory line, followed by rates, availability and my website. Location is in the title of the post.

It could not be more simple. Do I still have guys calling me outside my POSTED availability? Yup. Do I still have guys calling and asking my rates? Yup. Do I still have guys asking what area I'm in? Yup.

As I said before, if you are actually serious about meeting me, you'll read the info. The rest are WOTS and I don't have time for that.

Yes last week I had right in my title, " Booking TUESDAY" And on Sunday had a million requests " can I book you today?" then I say, " is today Tuesday?" Then they say " no, is Sunday, but can I book you?" I say, no I am away" they say " where are you?" then I said " in Timbuktu"

so even when simply posted, with CAPS in tittle, and hours avail, it is inevitable that I end up with these conversations, lmao

• Like 1

752910279.jpg?1364848273

The same holds true of companions and prospective clients in this lifestyle. Yes, the client is ALWAYS right, but the companion decides who will be her clients.

Just seemed appropriate for this thread

RG :-)

• Like 4

I have to say at the end of the day, guys ask to confirm things, regardless of what ladies put in your ad. This way you feel that everything was clear up front. Your ads are helpful, but don't expect that they will avoid questions that are in the ads.

I am not saying don't put it in your ad, just don't expect that will avoid questions, some of the questions are ice breakers too.

• Like 1

Has reading become a lost art when it comes to this industry and has it been replaced solely by the visual aspect? Is only mainstream industry lingo acceptable to convey a message?

I don't know the answer to this, but... I really, really hope not. It would be a very sad day if all ads were done to the same template and the only difference between ladies was the pics.

• Like 4

I have to say at the end of the day, guys ask to confirm things, regardless of what ladies put in your ad. This way you feel that everything was clear up front. Your ads are helpful, but don't expect that they will avoid questions that are in the ads.

I am not saying don't put it in your ad, just don't expect that will avoid questions, some of the questions are ice breakers too.

Does this include a random guy saying he read your website, how nice it was and then tries to negotiate an appt asking for $100 an hour? It's mentioned a few times on my site that I don't negotiate. lol.

Some people don't read, they are just completely ignorant or they just want to push to see how far they can get. I ended the convo right then and there.

Definitely par for the course in this business but it sucks when you think you are having a good conversation with someone and then they drop the bomb, "I don't mean to sound cheap but can you do xxx for the hour?" Game over..

• Like 2

I don't know the answer to this, but... I really, really hope not. It would be a very sad day if all ads were done to the same template and the only difference between ladies was the pics.

I agree wholeheartedlly with that sentiment. I know that there are those out there who just want to make the LG happy and don't care about things like the nuances of the language. But I love, love, love reading a well written, intelligent, thought provoking ad. It can, for me, enhance the potential meeting and make it even a better experience. The prose can be sensuous, funny or whatever. Just don't give me some generic, run of the mill stuff. If a guy wants that just stick to BP and CL, imho.

And ladies, it is unfortunate that some guys claim to read your ad or website and then still ask questions that are clearly stated as "no-nos" to ask. Like negotiating, bb or whatever it may be.

This is why these forums are so important to keep going. Guys have to heed these words of advice and everybody will be happier in this hobby. A happy SP who hasn't been railed with asinine bullshit all day makes for a happy client (me, hopefully:biggrin:), when the encounter happens.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the lost art of reading is really true.

I often receive messages that are so vague it takes two to three messages to find out what the person wants.

For instance, I have on my ads to contact me either through PM or through my contact page on my website. I ask for a contact number so that I can call YOU. I do not see ANYONE without conversing with them first.

What do I receive? "can you give me your phone number to call you?", or "do you have an email as I can only contact you that way."

WTF?

If you are contacting me through PM, or my contact page, asking me for an email or phone number, it's pretty obvious that you are able to convey what it is that you seek from me in a PM or the contact page!

I took my email address and my phone number off my ads, due to the fact of endless text messages that were absolute garbage and endless emails that were just a game of email-tag.

I also do not give out my address without a firm booking and have spoken with you first. This is not new, lots of providers ask for this.

From what I have read in other threads, please gentlemen, read our ads, and observe how we wish to be contacted.

Those instructions are there for a reason, they are our reasons, and the way in which we wish to conduct ourselves.

As so many gentlemen have put in their two cents worth, I will quote what they have said:

"read the ads and answer the ladies in the manner they have asked to be contacted in"

I have a contact page, or PM through here.

Pretty simple and basic.

Hearing things like 'do you have private' messaging?

PM through here IS private messaging! I am the only one that reads mine!

For those gentlemen that do read instructions and have contacted me in the manner that I have asked, I do thank you for that.

It is a pleasure to chat with someone that has actually taken the time to read.

• Like 1