Fries

I like the crinkle cut.

Baked until lightly toasted.

A dash of vinegar & salt or maybe some hot sauce.

Ketchup on the side - ideally served in a small, condiment size bowl.

Enjoy with a fork. If you're a Vampire, don't use the silverware.

Not sure this will qualify - pan-fried potatoes with garlic sauce at a Shawarma place.... absolutely delicious!

• Like 1

Any way, all ways, any topping or condiment. Fries (well a potato in any form) are a gift from the gods. The perfect vessel for yummy flavors!

• Like 4

Well the secret to fries JMO, don't cook them in the same oil that other foods are cooked in

If the chip truck, or restaurant also has onion rings and both the chips and onion rings are cooked in the same oil, fries aren't good...again JMO

As for how I like to eat my fries...when I have them

First with salt and vinegar

Second, which I picked up in Germany, with mayonnaise

And I have also dipped fries in Renee's Bleu Cheese dressing (I like bleu cheese dressing, well bleu cheese)

I absolutely detest ketchup...yuk

RG

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

Chip wagon fries are the best, salt&vinegar in the middle, salt & vinegar on top.

Well the secret to fries JMO, don't cook them in the same oil that other foods are cooked in

They need to be fried in beef fat.

Unfortunately you almost never get that these days; it makes them non-vegetarian and even more unhealthy than they'd otherwise be. But when you get it, it's soooo gooooood.....

• Like 1

They need to be fried in beef fat.

Unfortunately you almost never get that these days; it makes them non-vegetarian and even more unhealthy than they'd otherwise be. But when you get it, it's soooo gooooood.....

mmmmmm belgian fries.....

11-frugal-span-superJumbo.jpg

Addenddum ... Actually i know a few spots here in Montreal that serve those

• Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

Yum! I love fries.

At the moment I am really loving the potato, (sweet or white,) cut in half, sliced across halfway through along the length of the potato and oiled with olive oil and garlic. Chuck it in the oven and crisp it, season with salt and pepper, top with chicken, green onions, tomatoes and sour cream, sprinkle with cheese.

Oh man, just talking about it makes me drool and want one!

I visit the chip truck periodically for fries or poutine, but not all trucks are created equal and it takes a bit of sleuthing to find the good ones. If their fat isn't hot enough or they don't use the right type of potato then it can be disappointing. Frozen ones just don't cut the mustard. They have to have a bit of crispiness on the outside and have the right fluffy texture on the inside.

• Like 1

I visit the chip truck periodically for fries or poutine, but not all trucks are created equal and it takes a bit of sleuthing to find the good ones. If their fat isn't hot enough or they don't use the right type of potato then it can be disappointing. Frozen ones just don't cut the mustard. They have to have a bit of crispiness on the outside and have the right fluffy texture on the inside.

Yer right! You do have to scout around for quality chips from the truck.

I occasionally get chips from the truck parked at the local Crappy Tire. Despite all the wishing for great taste, they are consistently the greasiest mass of undescribable potato somethings stacked into a cardboard container within a brown paper bag. The bag is useful 'cuz it soaks up the grease. If you ask for gravy or poutine...well - the gravy is brown. That's all I can say. Lord knows what can it came from.

I'm interested about what Phaedrus had to say about using beef tallow.

I kinda like home made fries fresh cut and cooked on the deck and served with a nice steak.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

I'm a french fries frak...at least I was when i was growing up :) If a restaurant served fries I was in even.

Not too long ago I had the most amazing sweet patato fries in a pub in Calgary...(thanks to Savannah) they were served with a garlic mayo and the fries were a little spicy too...OMG best ones i have had in a longgggg time :)

Bianca

• Like 1

Guest jake_cdn

Red-Chef used to make amazing spicy fries but the all time best is Kenebec (used to be Rouleau) in Alfred

I would like to add that I prefer sweet potato fries for the taste and nutrition values. I have been enjoying them every chance I get since a lovely cerb lady introduced them to me at Baton Rouge.

• Like 1

Covered with cheese curds, gravy, and then stuffed between my bosoms :)

Cara particularly love how you serve them... is that an all you can eat buffet?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Cara particularly love how you serve them... is that an all you can eat buffet?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I believe so but I have limited space on my body so you might get a poutine and a surprise happy meal toy but that's it :)

Of course some vigorous exercise is the solution to high cholesterol from poutine so I'm officially asking for assistance!!! xoxoxo

Additional Comments:

ps. I am presenting you with the BAVARIAN POTATO NUDE CALENDAR for all you fry fantasies!