Always look at the bright side of ..... death!

Tom wanted me to keep you in the loop, he lost hand eye coordination totally this morning, and his speech became very slurred. Told me to pass on he was not even drinking!

Seems peaceful at the moment.

Promised him I would post on his behalf when he succumbed to this vicious disease

Charles

Thank you Charles, very kind of you. Even in his darkest days he keeps his humor, so amazing. Hug him for me please.

A stranger in the beginning, a friend in the end

never did you turn away never did you bend

even in your darkest days you'd reach out to say

something nice, something funny in your own special way

you typify a gentle man, you humble me so

even amidst adversity and against a callous foe

with humor as your weapon you gallantly fought

never withering to pity or a depressing thought

stay strong, be brave, I'm here for you friend

forever, always and to the end.

• Like 6

Guest A**aTo**h
Tom wanted me to keep you in the loop, he lost hand eye coordination totally this morning, and his speech became very slurred. Told me to pass on he was not even drinking!

Promised him I would post on his behalf when he succumbed to this vicious disease

Charles

Thank you for keeping us all posted Charles. I can only imagine how you are feeling; Tom is such a wonderful person, most of us have never met him, but are touched by his humor and grace.

"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final bloe

With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go

Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain

And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again!"

My new found "friend" from across the hall, came over and shared a glass of gin last night. She goes on full bed rest (odd thing to say when you don't do much all day but lay around!) today, she does not expect to be around much longer. Spoke about sex and positions favourited by each other (odd I know, speaking about sex with someone I barely know). She was too weak and sore to jump on the bed and sit on my face, and I have too many wires attached to go down on her. So she gave me a show, gave me a kiss good night and wandered back to her room.

Charles: if you get the chance, would you mind asking Tom how the hell he pulls off stuff like this, even on his deathbed? I - like most of us, I think - simply don't have the magic. What's the secret?

Seriously, if I can manage half of this then I'll die happy....

Guest D***el B***e

Charles

Many thanks for the update, Tom is a force to be reckoned with. It saddens me to follow his story but it enlightens me to live life to its fullest.

Charles

Thank you for letting us know how is is doing.

He is definitely a man passionate about his ways.

A hug, a kiss, and a soft touch will be his on the other side. <3

Looks like it is simply a matter of time now. Godspeed my sweet friend. I am sure you will find a way to lick again and until then, I only wish for no more pain. You will be missed...I regret I did not meet you in person. Much love...

• Like 1

Just a note to thank you all for the kind wishes, I too will miss him.

He left me with a note to thank a number of people, but I have to convince the funeral director it's ok to dress tom up in those bloody pants, his pink golf shoes and mauve and pink shirt. Plus his 1iron, and a bottle of Glenmorangie 25 year old single malt which I have to get this morning.

Never shy was he?

Thank you for being so nice.

Charles

boy, does that sound just like him!

He is going to missed around here.

Happy to hear that his passing was very peaceful, and surrounded by family and friends.

Tonight I will raise my glass to him.

That is Tom, he told me he was going to do that!

My last time with Tom, was not long ago. I specifically made a trip to Ottawa just for one last time just as friends. We chatted about what matters in life, lessons he wanted to share with me. We held hands, massaged each others hands and feet. We shared tears. It was difficult to see him leave that day as I knew it was the last time I would hear his voice calling me " kiddo" .

The world has lost an incredible person today, but his influence and laughter will go on forever. I am still absorbing this all, and well cant believe there will be no more thanks on my posts, no more guest book signing, no more picture comments from one who always would do so. It feels already lonely without him.

I will have my single malt tonight, and as promised, placing a golf ball on my shelf for him ( we said if he can in the afterlife, he would pop in and knock it off my shelf) lol.

To his family and loved ones. Allow yourself to take time to heal from this grief, and then celebrate his wonderful life! I wish you all have peace with this, but will take time. I feel for your loss.

• Like 9

My family has a tradition of raising a glass of single malt to welcome a new baby into the world - to 'wet the baby's head' we say.

I will do the same thing to thank and celebrate Tom's life. He has traveled his full circle and will continue to in our hearts.

You are so kind to allow us this opportunity to celebrate a great friend and wonderful man.

Jim

• Like 8

I've never been very good with words when someone passes, mostly because it takes me a few days to accept it and then the words just come out.

This time is a bit more difficult because I never met Tom or communicated much with him however, the fact that I never met him doesn't make any less difficult to realize he is not around us anymore.

I do not drink so I will not be doing any drinking to honour him but I have and will keep praying for him. As I said I'm not as good as words as the others so I borrowed a message from someone else for Tom ...

8124549454915a731856902d969c31db.jpg

I also want to offer my condolences to all of you who had the opportunity to meet him and of course to his family too.

Rest in Peace Tom.

• Like 6

Tom, although we have never met, you have earned my deep respect and admiration. Your humour, wit, charm and courage were very much appreciated and you will be missed.

As promised I will drink to you tonight.

Rest peacefully,

Mikey

Tom and I never met but did cross paths on this great forum. We also had a few finer things in common including interests in golf, single malt scotch and some of the same amazing ladies.

You can tell what someone gave to the world by the deep sentiments shared from those that knew him well as well as brief encounters.

Glad that his end was peaceful and he was surrounded by loved ones in person as well as many who honored him in our thoughts last evening. And with a glass of single malt.

Be at peace now.

Cub

Tom was definitely a character here. The was something about his presence here on this board that made everything seem mellow. I always got a pretty good laugh out of the stuff he would say when regailing us with his tales. As we may have lost our brother, heaven has certainly gained one heck of an angel.

I never met this gent. But it warms my heart to read such kind words after his passing (especially in this community). He clearly was someone who touched many lives. I will be keeping his family in my thoughts and prayers over the next little while.

Sad news, indeed. People come into our lives, even online in forums like these, and affect us. Tho we never met IRL, we met here and shared time and stories and opinions. For many reasons, that too is friendship.

My condolences as well to those who met and knew him face to face.

Guest A**aTo**h

I never met Tom, but I read and re-read so many of his posts. I have to admit I cried a number of times reading them, but I also laughed quite a bit too.

It's kind of amazing that someone who many of us have never met, touched us all.

I hope that his account will remain here forever so that we can review it over and over again and laugh, cry, and rejoice.

Charles, thank you so much for keeping us informed of things.