Federal Election 2015

Does anyone know of a website that shows the polls that are for specific ridings? My riding is incumbent NDP, however, want to know who is in the lead right now for my riding before I vote, to ensure the PC do not get in in my riding.

Here is a link to an anti conservative strategic voting site:

http://www.votetogether.ca/riding/list/?filter=other

And a riding projection and poll tracking site

http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/canada.html

I hope it's helpful

• Like 2

Does anyone know of a website that shows the polls that are for specific ridings? My riding is incumbent NDP, however, want to know who is in the lead right now for my riding before I vote, to ensure the PC do not get in in my riding.

Maybe this

http://www.electionalmanac.com/ea/canada/

and

http://www.electionalmanac.com/ea/canada-ridings-candidates/

Can help

RG

• Like 1

Thanks - guess I don't need to worry about the blue here. Just looked at the country, and that's an awful lot of blue in Canada:

http://stephenmcmurtry.org/election_map

Prairies, please wake up! I'm surprised how the NDP is catching up. However, I worry, the PC will win and that will be a very sad day in our history. Our industry will be further sent deeper into the alley ways if Harper gets another term.

I am annoyed at anyone who is so stupid not to see through the Conservative nonsense,

They refuse to attend all-candidate debates. That is a direct insult to democracy. Almost every memwer in Manitoba has been a no show at one of these forums. When they do show, they are exposed for the lowlifes they are. Joyce Bateman, Tory member in Winnipeg made a complete ass of herself when she did show up. It was both painful and sickening. She was unable to speak intelligently on any subject, all she did was read out prepared speaking points regardless of whether they were relevant to the topic at hand.

How could someone so obviously uninterested be an effective representative for me?

The ultimate insult was in my nephew's riding in Ottawa. His M P is the minister for democratic reform. That is disgusting, a petty dictator like Harper reforming democracy! Yeah...reforming it into a secretive clique in the Prime Minister's Office that micromanages the entire government, yet not answerable to anyone. That is NOT democracy. A Prime Minister who only appears before hand picked supporters, and who only takes selected pre approved questions is not democracy.

Harper has constantly distracted voters with stupid non issues. I don't care about one woman wearing a veil...I am worried about My Job! I don't care about Trudeau's hair, I care about my grandchildren's education. The Trans Pacific Partnership is a complex deal affecting every Canadian and he avoided any discussion until the day it was to be signed. That is not the open transparent govermnment he advocated ten years ago.

Harper has done enormous damage to our economy and refuses to answer for it. He is a liar and coward. He should not be in Parliament at all, never mind running the country.

• Like 4

I really try to be aware of my own biases. It's too easy in sports and religion and politics to see only the good in your side and the bad in the other. It's confirmation bias at it's most strong: you surround yourself by friends who feel the same as you do and focus on articles and news that supports your belief while ignoring or fighting back against any that criticize.

And yet, all that said, I find it hard to see how even long time Conservative voters can't be annoyed with how Harper has handled this election. I mean, why cost taxpayers all the money of having such a long election when you refuse to discuss issues? Not showing up for debates, only accepting pre-approved questions, etc. If all you wanted was to read off your talking points and list a promises, we could have done all this in a week!

And I am truly sickened by the strategy of garnering support and distracting from real issues with the niqab debacle. So much time and energy (and hate!) was spent on something that's essentially a non-issue. I don't even like posting that I don't like it since it makes me part of what keeps people talking about it! :P

Even those who try to frame it as woman's-rights and not simple prejudice are off base. If you see it as oppression then you have to make a society where women feel safe and comfortable to dress as they like. You can't legislate equality by telling a woman what she can and cannot wear!

What really depresses isn't that the Conservatives would try this tactic; but that it seems to actually have been so effective.

• Like 3

Guest *Ste***cque**

Normally, i question the motives of someone who tries too forcefully to get me to see their point of view. Not this time though. I can no longer accept Harper's positions on so many things, mostly his slippery, polarizing ways.

I voted Liberal yesterday. These last few weeks, Trudeau has showed qualities I admire in a person and leader. The advance polls were busy yesterday. I'm hoping it's a sign that works against the Conservatives. As an added bonus, my wife is no longer threatening to divorce me if I voted Conservative. :)

There have been some excellent comments in this thread. I too cannot understand how anyone can vote Conservative after ten years of devastation, on so many fronts: democratic institutions and accountability, trust, transparency, truthfulness. And the only reason our economy escaped the worst effects of the crash in 2008 was the regulatory regime that former Liberal governments had put in place, and that these clowns would have probably scrapped in favour of their alleged free market ideology.

• Like 2

Yes it is incredible how Harper yaps on about our solid banking system...

The one he wanted to de-regulate. "Harmonise" was his term for changing our rules to the same as the Americans.

Of course the 2008 crisis did make many into millionaires. Maybe Harper wanted to be part of that, maybe he was taking direction from peope who wanted to be paid off like the Wall Street insiders.

As an outsider, I find this election absolutely fascinating! Usually the BBC back home takes little, to no notice of a Canadian election, but not this time. They, like many media outlets are the world are standing up and taking notice of what divisive policies the Conservatives are running on.

I really hope for the sake of Canada, Trudeau gets in. He's run a good campaign, been very professional, and certainly does not look to be as lost and inexperienced as the CPC like to make him out to be.

Other than Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, it seems Canadians are fed up with Harper and his reign of fear. I really do hope that Canadians get it right on the 19th.

• Like 4

Let's have zero tolerance for barbaric election practices like fraud, misdirection of voters, robocalls.....

• Like 2

Here's me hoping the Cons lose convincingly and the new government will do something about the draconian, damage causing bill C-36..... OK maybe I'll just settle on the exit of Harperman and then we can all start to work on the offending bill.

One step at a time.

• Like 2

Here's me hoping the Cons lose convincingly and the new government will do something about the draconian, damage causing bill C-36..... OK maybe I'll just settle on the exit of Harperman and then we can all start to work on the offending bill.

One step at a time.

I'm staying positive and holding out hope that if the Liberals or even the NDP are elected, they will honour their pledge and repeal bill C-36, instead of just paying lip service in an attempt to garner more votes. It's obvious to anyone that C-36 is a bad law.

I am a bit of a realist and have to think that the repealing of C36 won't be the number one priority of any new government... I am very doubtful that they will use up any political capital on an issue that will not help them politically.

What i think we can hope for is that an NDP or Liberal government will temper the way the law is applied by LE and the justice system.

Just my Opinion

I'm staying positive and holding out hope that if the Liberals or even the NDP are elected, they will honour their pledge and repeal bill C-36, instead of just paying lip service in an attempt to garner more votes. It's obvious to anyone that C-36 is a bad law.

In my opinion it's very unlikely, unless of course their policy wonks and pollsters tell them it's a winner politically with the mainstream and an issue that they can win or lose an election on which it really isn't. The vast majority could care less because as a single issue it doesn't affect them one way or another.

When elected the goal of government from minute one is to be re-elected and if elected with a minority not getting defeated until they want to be defeated.

So I'd expect a reaction like while we might agree in principle more serious study is required before making any firm decision. They'll do the same thing with marijuana reform.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

That is so well said! Nasty, mean-spirited, divisive politics and playing to people's basest sentiments. That's what a prime minister is supposed to do? A new low has been reached.

Thanks for posting Rick's insightful comments. We need more people of his calibre.

Ice4fun I think you're probably accurate..... and I have a cons. candidate who would rather have sex with someone else's wife than simply visit one of our lovely ladies!

Check out Walter Pamic Ashley Madison

He seems to be winning the lawn sign budget battle in Kanata-Carleton!

Hopefully polling day will bring a more positive result! lol

screen_shot_2015-10-06_at_6.55.08_pm.png?itok=PHBg63Og

More anti Harper commentary from another NL comedian Mary Walsh aka Marg Delahunty the warrior princess... s asks us to Save poor Steve Harper..

Enjoy

• Like 2

I had a Liberal rep come to my door last night and by the end of it I just felt embarassed for them. I have not followed the election very closely, so I honestly thought I had maybe missed the part where one of these guys articulated some sort of plan or vision. The rep just spouted the same old meaningless slogans and buzzwords. I ultimately put it as bluntly as possible asking "If the Liberals won a majority, what would be the first three things they would do?" and the reps were stumped. Like I said, I pitied them. It was just embarassing.

• Like 1

I had a Liberal rep come to my door last night and by the end of it I just felt embarassed for them. I have not followed the election very closely, so I honestly thought I had maybe missed the part where one of these guys articulated some sort of plan or vision. The rep just spouted the same old meaningless slogans and buzzwords. I ultimately put it as bluntly as possible asking "If the Liberals won a majority, what would be the first three things they would do?" and the reps were stumped. Like I said, I pitied them. It was just embarassing.

Let's hope for:

1. Repeal Bill C36
  2. Respect the Supreme Court
  3. Restore Integrity to the leadership of this country

But I may have set my goals too high

• Like 1

I have little doubt that a CPeeC or NDP or Greem rep would have done much better. They're just volunteers pounding the pavement and doing their best to help out. I will be helping with the liberal campaign over the next few days - not because I necessarily wish to elect a liberal in my riding (remember - we only elect our own rep, not the pm!) but because, among many other things I want to be rid of King Harper and his cronies who delivered us Bill C-36.

I am very confident that the liberal candidate in my area will heard when she raises issues and questions at the caucus table. The same cannot be said for any CPeeC candidate should they form government.

I have no idea what the first three things a Lib gov't would do but whatever it is it will be better than what the cons would do.

• Like 1