Jump to content

No Show - from the view of a SP

Recommended Posts

I know it probably doesn't happen much everywhere, but I have been noticing it a lot more here in Halifax. Quite a few hobbyists have contacted me for services and have either gotten my address and no showed, or booked a time and then cancelled multiple times. I give chance after chance and it always ends up the same.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Does it happen often to other SPs as well? How do I know I'm safe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Require a deposit from potential clients and don't consider that you have a booking until a deposit is received.  

JMO Legitimate clients have no problem with a deposit, those clients who intend to be NCNS are the ones who don't like them. Again JMO

Good Luck

RG

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a notice about a special section for SP's on here to share experiences.  Is that an active section at all?

 

With all of the research and discussion that goes on in the "discussion forums" about which SP's are safe and legit, it makes sense to have a localized area for SP's to share discussions about individuals (aka phone numbers) that are consistently unreliable/timewasters.

 

In all things in life, it's very frustrating when you are expecting someone to show up at a certain time, and have them just not do so.  You've wasted time and effort. I know when I'm selling something I hate giving out my address to a stranger for them to pick it up.  This escalates greatly for our amazing SP's (like Sarah) who work from their private space, need to make sure the space is in a certain condition, and at the same time make sure they themselves are looking and feeling a certain way. Then to have a stranger know their address and not show up... hours of wasted time and effort and lost income plus a worry about future safety...

Hmm apparently I have strong feelings on this haha.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an app I suggest more Canadian providers get onto, especially East Coast as we tend to catch onto these types of things later in the game. 

Download Client Eye App! Start reporting these WOT and NC/NS to make it easier for all of us to screen out the habitual time wasters, abusive, harrssements. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Studio 110 by Sophia said:

There is an app I suggest more Canadian providers get onto, especially East Coast as we tend to catch onto these types of things later in the game. 

Download Client Eye App! Start reporting these WOT and NC/NS to make it easier for all of us to screen out the habitual time wasters, abusive, harrssements. 

 

I will look into that! Thank you so much. ♡

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SarahAlexxx said:

I will look into that! Thank you so much. ♡

You're most welcome! Also are you on twitter? It is also a great tool to use for screening, marketing, Client eye is very active there too. Rest assure, you have to be varified privider so that no tomfoolery and slander takes place. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
8 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Require a deposit from potential clients and don't consider that you have a booking until a deposit is received.  

JMO Legitimate clients have no problem with a deposit, some of those clients who intend to be NCNS are the ones who don't like them. Again JMO

Good Luck

RG

*Fixed*

IMO it was an incorrect general opinion.

 

Cheers, 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 8:49 AM, SarahAlexxx said:

I know it probably doesn't happen much everywhere, but I have been noticing it a lot more here in Halifax. Quite a few hobbyists have contacted me for services and have either gotten my address and no showed, or booked a time and then cancelled multiple times. I give chance after chance and it always ends up the same.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? Does it happen often to other SPs as well? How do I know I'm safe? 

 

Screening helps. 

 

Don’t accept text apps, get SP references, board/social media accounts, etc. Lightly screening has never been an issue for me. I have never had a no show. Had 2 people I would call WOT because they canceled two sessions back to back. 

 

That is it for my entire career. Including my tour out east this past June.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth - As a same day booker, in my experience 1 out of 7 will actually show so I never give out the address until they have followed My protocol. This includes sending them to a designated spot and letting me know they are there at which time they need to call me because I never give out the address over text.  It’s not fool proof but it does cut down on time wasters.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 5:24 AM, Mature Angela said:

For what it’s worth - As a same day booker, in my experience 1 out of 7 will actually show so I never give out the address until they have followed My protocol. This includes sending them to a designated spot and letting me know they are there at which time they need to call me because I never give out the address over text.  It’s not fool proof but it does cut down on time wasters.

This ❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will always be no shows. Problem is at this point apps have gotten so good that you may never know if it's a real line or not. I do my very best to do my research on a number before a booking just for safety. I do have a protocol in which must be followed. By creating a protocol I have managed to avoid now shows 9 out of 10 times. It still does happen, especially for early afternoons. I just don't hurt over it. Create a protocol and you'll avoid this. Part of the industry. Also the issue of competition. Other SP may book with you to waste your time. Be smart follow your protocol and you'll avoid most issues. 💓

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happens to alllll of us! No shows and time wasters its very frustrating but unfortunately it happens....

*I will not book with text apps(will always check the number)

*No blocked calls

*NEVER will i give my exact address until i know you are in my area

*ask for references...that is a plus

One thing i have noticed is when they ask alot of questions or tell you they are nervous 8/10 times they will NOT show 

Good luck and stay safe

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately no shows happen in every industry. It's, I guess, part of human nature....lack of others awareness. It is a product of of this new world where no one is accountable for other's feelings or commitments. Comes down to the base human nature of selfishness...I am more important than anyone!

 

Call me cynical but I don't have much faith in anyone but myself!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×