Ok, so I'm obviously not old, but you know you're old when you make references to the Chicken Lady, Sir Simon Milligan and his man-servant Hecubus, and the Sizzler Sisters and your fellow classmates ask what you're talking about.

Kids in the Hall people, watch it!

whoa whoa whoa... are you saying there are people young enough that they don't get these references???? I. Do. Not. Under. Stand. Seriously...WHY WON'T YOU LET ME FORGET THAT I HAVE A CABBAGE FOR A HEAD???!!!

You know your old when you remember the first (and at that time only) Fat Albert's in Bells Corner...and it had really good pizza (don't know if it is still going)

And along a food train of thought...you fondly recall Nate's Deli which I checked on google, opened a year before I was born (1960)...even as a tiny pup family used to go there...sad it's gone. I'd have made a deek downtown after seeing a lady to have a smoked meat and swiss cheese sandwich and matzo ball soup:(

BTW these references will make sense to Ottawa ladies and gentlemen

RG

3067668.bin?size=620x400

Edited by r__m__g_uy
needed to add a sentence

You know you're old when you can remember in a time before the new environmentally friendly recycling came along where they crush glass bottles, you would return your empty bottles for a refund and they would wash and reuse them.

You can remember when Watergate broke, and at the time it was the most heinous scandal ever...now in comparison to other scandals, really pretty tame...only thing bad about it was he got caught LOL

You remember watching stories about the Vietnam War on the nightly news.

You look up on Google the houses you lived in in Ottawa as a kid when they were new, now one looks sort of run down, and seen better days

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Are you old if you remember seeing people use car phone or the original brick cell phone...

Or if you can remember the days before the internet was in every home...

Or if you have ever used an 8-track, tape, Batavision, Record player...

Or if your first video game was a coleco...

Or if you where the richesat persone of your group of friends if you had a computer...

The way I see it is that I am not old until car that where manufactured the year I was born are considered collectibles!

You know you're old when, you realize you were still a kid when this movie came out:

0572_17.jpg

I actually had a doll like this and matching hot pants of my own:

hotpants2.gif

• Like 1

But... But.... then how will they celebrate Bellini day???

And they certainly won't know how to travel through their girlfriends bloodstream to rest in her heart :)

And they certainly won't know how to travel through their girlfriends bloodstream to rest in her heart :)

I weep for today's youth :(

You know you're getting older when you try to explain to someone that Pokeman is just their generations shitty Transformer's imitation

you know you are old when there was an intermission at the movies so the operator can change the movie wheel.

You know you are old when the first Canadien hockey game you saw at the Montreal Forum was with "standing" tickets

You know your old when you remember back to when Bayshore, Lincoln Fields and the Rideau Centre first opened. You also remember that at Ottawa Airport, there was a little air museum in a small building right in front of the terminal. And along the same lines, you boarded a plane by walking out on the tarmac and climbing stairs to get inside the plane. And when you flew, you did have to dress up (or was that just something my parents made me do) Again, a reference that the Ottawa folks know what I'm talking about...and sorry, but at my age, memory does come in instalments.

RG

...Ottawa Airport...you boarded a plane by walking out on the tarmac and climbing stairs to get inside the plane...

Toronto (Pearson YYZ) airport too!

You're old when you remember that everyone was going had or was going to have a CB radio in their car:

midland_cb.jpg

Toronto (Pearson YYZ) airport too!

You're old when you remember that everyone was going had or was going to have a CB radio in their car:

midland_cb.jpg

That reminds me of all the trucker/cb songs that were on the radio at that time, include this funny one

Morning smile

RG

When you go thru the boxes of old LP's hidden in the basement and realize some of them are actually worth a bit of money!

Given the space shuttle program winding down, you know your old when you can remember the first space shuttle "Enterprise"...the one piggybacked on a 747, and got to see it at Ottawa Airport. This was sometime back in the early 80's

RG

Shuttle_Enterprise_backed_on_a_Boeing_747.jpg

ECN77-8608.jpg

when you listen to an infomercial of older songs and you want to buy it as the are all song you grew up with!

I actually had a doll like this and matching hot pants of my own:

hotpants2.gif

Hey Angela, you should wear those hotpants and your hair like this. sooo hott! mmmm.... sorry off topic.

You know you're old when you remember riding in cars with big fins on the back. And it wasn't an antique.

You know you're old when you can remember a table dance at a SC was only $5.

You know that you are old when you can remember when strip clubs didn't have anything BUT the stage show.

You know you're starting to get old when the moms (or dads for the ladies) start to look hot in TV sitcoms and you have no interest in the kids.

You know you're old when you can remember these:

Pet Rock:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxZUqcdi-n3Y_3Nk1uSl-Hec0L1Rr2PhTpcc5p1GFdShD44JbH7Q

K-Tel Records (I had this one!!!)

348375232_1237fb5af7.jpg

Ron Popeil (Ronco) Spray on Hair:

F4978500F4969C5AA9A182_Large.jpg

You know you're old when you can remember these:

Pet Rock:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxZUqcdi-n3Y_3Nk1uSl-Hec0L1Rr2PhTpcc5p1GFdShD44JbH7Q

K-Tel Records (I had this one!!!)

348375232_1237fb5af7.jpg

Ron Popeil (Ronco) Spray on Hair:

F4978500F4969C5AA9A182_Large.jpg

Owned that album plus:

77460508_2c5e7e5fcf.jpg

and I raise you one Popeil's Pocket Fisherman!

pocket-fisherman.jpg

Owned that album plus:

77460508_2c5e7e5fcf.jpg

and I raise you one Popeil's Pocket Fisherman!

pocket-fisherman.jpg

You know, laugh at it, but it wouldn't be half bad as an ice fishing rod

RG