highlights of the day

Watching my cat being mesmerized by the faucet in the roman tub in my master bathroom. I turn it on a just a little drip and he will sit in there for at least an hour just staring at it and is so cute when he tilts his head like a kitten does when playing with something.. I don't like him jumping in there because I find myself cleaning it constantly but that bath tub has rarely been used ( I'm not really into taking baths) so I let him satisfy his curiousity each time.

Mom had her surgery yesterday (put a cornea in). Just from yesterday to today there has been improvement in her vision (obviously not 100%)

She has ongoing check ups for the next three months, but her surgeon very optimistic about her vision improving to back to normal

RG

• Like 1

Just finished my first ever audiobook to completion. And it was a pretty good experience!

I've never had the patience for audiobooks. I lose my train of thought (usually to reading something else). But this week, I have had strep throat (for only the second time in my life). I don't know how people can handle having strep throat regularly. I find it excruciatingly uncomfortable, and the worst torture of all is that, although I haven't had the strength to read or keep up with my correspondence or whatever, my brain isn't shut down. So it's like lying here being uncomfortable, silently screaming AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE OVER????

So I went online with my library and selected Mo Heyder's "Birdman." It was a good story and, really, under the circumstances, I found it more satisfying than a movie because it lasted longer, and there is almost as much exercise of imagination required for listening to a story being read, as there is for reading it.

It might be the perfect solution to what to do with my brain during the long days of canning season at the end of the summer.

Finally got enough picked up off the floor in my messy disorganized home office and was able to vacuum the carpet. First time in 2013! Pretty bad eh?

A few highlights today:

The main one: I visited a lady-friend i hadn't seen in months (last we saw each other was very quickly in passing), so it was nice to sit down and to chat and catch up a bit.

This was followed by a tad of shopping for clothes initially, but the first mall yielded some new tools of the trade for me. Second mall yielded a few clothing items i was looking for a while. These just might make someone smile a little bit.

And now, after all the walking around, i sat down and i am enjoying a bottle of this (and its pretty darn good stuff):

923_b.jpg

Got back to Ottawa this afternoon after a fairly positive week away...

Waking up to a PM from a favourite playmate and then planning for a new encounter full of fun, fantasy and frolic. Heavy on the frolic!

• Like 1

On Friday I finally put together a large project combining several files into one and the report for this project is now nearly complete... mostly just editing left to do!!! That was my highlight of the week. It wasn't until I had compiled it all to gether that I realized I actually could get the project finished by the end of the month as planned!!!

Oh, and even more important, when my coauthor sent me back his corrections.. there weren't that many!!!

Edited by nntsci
added info.

In two days I am leaving my house and yard with snow waist deep and heading for Toronto / Ottawa for a week where the forecast is awesome .... and the company even more awesome :icon_biggrin: ( "more awesome" if not proper English blame it on country boy redneck MB talk ;) )

finally getting far enough south (Charleston SC) on this wandering trip that it was warm enough to really enjoy being outside --- it is still 14 C at 6:50 pm and tomorrow should hit 18 C

oh --- and also enjoying a fantastic day of museums --- there is a lot of history here

and, I am finally far enough south that I am seeing a lot of Ontario plates

• Like 1

Getting smaller... 7 lbs gone.

And I ordered this outfit online today... I'm think I'm going to be playing sexy something next.lol

spicylingeriestore_2248_18393597864.jpg

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
  • Like 1

Reading a bedtime story to my 2 year old son and when I was done he rolled over and said, "Daddy you know what, you're my best friend".

• Like 2

My day goes like this....a good day which is a highlight

Get up on time. Early at the airport. Check in goes smooth. Smooth flight. Pearson airport and taxi experience went very smooth.

6 hours to kill before kickoff gathering for seminars tonight. So go to big big mall. Spend money...go for drinks and text a bit and make plans...go shopping again and spend more money...go for more drinks again...go shopping again and spend more money....phew !! Go for drinks then call a cab.

Get back to hotel now open suitcase and have 75 lbs of incredibly wrinkled shirts and clothes cause I can't pack properly......... My current highlight is that I don't give a shit because I had enough drinks during my shopping experience" :D I shall look fashionably "frumpy" tonight ;)

• Like 1

Highlights of the day today

Took the day off today to drive mom to the surgeon in Kingston for a post op exam.

Highlight 1. Had a good lunch at the Golden Rooster restaurant in Kingston

Highlight 2. Appointment was at 2pm, we arrived just before 1pm, in at 1:10pm, her appointment over at 1:20pm...OUT EARLY YAY!!!!

Highlight 3. Last week right after the surgery she could only read the top line of the eye chart, this week, third line down. And no signs of the cornea being rejected. So good are the results she doesn't need to see the surgeon for another three weeks...outlook very good

Highlight 4. Made a couple stops at Timmies today, three cups won the roll up the rim (ok, just 2 free coffees and a donut LOL)

RG

• Like 1

For whatever reason, today finally felt like spring is on the way. This makes me happy.

Also, I have a huge pile of jellybeans and I'm stuffing my face with them. This also makes me happy.

Tomorrow I shall whine about feeling fat in the "thing that suck" thread, but for now, I'm eating more jellybeans, and staying happy :)

• Like 1