highlights of the day

A great long morning/ afternoon spent with a lovely lady, some images still imprinted into my mind, and I'm sure in hers too ;)

Amazing food... fabulous music... great company. For desert yesterday... Deep fried brownies.... they take brownie dough mixed with Cookie dough and deep fry it then serve it with ice cream and chocolate and caramel topping...and wait for this on the very top.... a slice of Bacon. As I ate it I could feel my arteries hardening....but so damn good.

• Like 1

Waking up to a beautiful show of colours; red, yellow and white tulips all meet my eyes with a smile!

Best. Spring. Ever.:icon_smile:

• Like 3

Finished and passed all my MidTerms with an average higher than expected.. taking in count the circumstances :) yay

• Like 1

I am still on my road trip but I expect to get home tomorrow. I had an awesome visit with family and we did lots of things together. I had a visit with a Cerb lady too.:) I will have another highlight later on if my Canadiens can start their comeback against the Rangers tonight. It's been a great week and I am ready to get home. :)

• Like 2

This may be a bit egotistical but an awesome hair day can really lift one's spirits! It created a bounce in my step and an urge to get out and accomplish a bunch of things I was putting off! Silly I know but small things are often the source of happiness and confidence!

• Like 2

I am in Memphis today and visited the Lorraine Motel the site where Martin Luther King was shot... it is now the site of a national civil rights museum... it was amazing to be at such a historic site.

• Like 2

A half walked marathon this morning! 22 kilometres or 13.1 miles in 3 hours and 14 minutes, had been training for past month and half, and morning weather was perfect at 5am, now off for a long hot epsom bath.

Anything is possible when you put your mind to it!

Edited by PistolPete
  • Like 1

Funny how staring down an impending move will incentivize you to get stuff done--ANY stuff done--that you were procrastinating on before.

Edited by JoyfulC
Slippy fingers
  • Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

Had my cake and ate it too! Happy Birthday to my mom! The most amazing lady on earth. <3

I heard from a lady that used to work with me, it has been a year since we chatted! Yippy, she will visit soon too! I am sooo happy and excited, Vivian was a great lady to work with and spend time with! My soul sister!

• Like 1

Today (and the last few), crossing off a number of things on my To Do list that have been lingering for well over a year.

I'm on a freakin' roll now....

• Like 2

Having one very amazing morning,it was the best,always nice to have great friends around.

I had the immense pleasure today of having someone demonstrate to me again that no matter how bad things may seem in life there is always people out there who care for you and will be there for you when you need them.

Having someone who can be there and remind you when your down is a true blessing in my life that I extremely thankful for.

Birthday present pedicure from a good friend. I have sparkly gold toes now, hee hee.

Well..... I suspect I might be about to get in trouble for other things I randomly do ........ my highlight is tho that I randomly just booked flights to Otown. An unexpected spur of the moment turn of events that has me smilin :)

Hope you all are having a great day peeps ! Go Canadians !!!!