Jump to content

Nominations for Lyla Member of the Month - November

Recommended Posts

I would like to nominate Greenteal.  He's on Lyla regularly not just contributing posts but starting threads in a number of different forums that yield discussion.  For this reason I'm recommending Greenteal for November member of the month

RG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, athenalust said:

I would like to nominate @cristylonglegs

from Twitter she is amazing and @couragenikki

Sadly Cristy is banned form Lyla.  I would have voted for her as well but she is no longer a member here.

 

2 hours ago, roamingguy said:

I would like to nominate Greenteal.  He's on Lyla regularly not just contributing posts but starting threads in a number of different forums that yield discussion.  For this reason I'm recommending Greenteal for November member of the month

RG

Agree with RG, Greenteal is a great contributing member and deserves to have a nomination for member of the month.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

Sadly Cristy is banned form Lyla.  I would have voted for her as well but she is no longer a member here.

 

 

Maybe her ban could be revisited and reconsidered.  It took place a few years ago when she was banned. Maybe she could be allowed to rejoin

Of course thats a decision for those at a higher pay grade than me LOL but if she was allowed to return its a decision I for one would support

RG

Edited by roamingguy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, roamingguy said:

I would like to nominate Greenteal.  He's on Lyla regularly not just contributing posts but starting threads in a number of different forums that yield discussion.  For this reason I'm recommending Greenteal for November member of the month

RG

 

54 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

Agree with RG, Greenteal is a great contributing member and deserves to have a nomination for member of the month.

  Thanks for the nominations. But from replies I'm receiving, I'm more likely to be voted best candidate(after Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstein and Vladimir Putin) to be shot out of a cannon into an active volcano. LOL

29f398e4-b1aa-4b56-acb4-4a61479d4ad3-_TEB8808.jpg

Edited by Greenteal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Maybe her ban could be revisited and reconsidered.  It took place a few years ago when she was banned. Maybe she could be allowed to rejoin

Of course thats a decision for those at a higher pay grade than me LOL but if she was allowed to return its a decision I for one would support

RG

We had a discussion about this quite recently and our position still stands. If she were to reach out and express interest in joining I'd love to have a chat with her. But from what I have seen I find this unlikely. 🙂

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 3:52 PM, roamingguy said:

Maybe her ban could be revisited and reconsidered.  It took place a few years ago when she was banned. Maybe she could be allowed to rejoin

Of course thats a decision for those at a higher pay grade than me LOL but if she was allowed to return its a decision I for one would support

RG

Well all my comments have to be approved prior to them being made public.  Fine and dandy I  accept that like all my knuckle wraps. I understand the rule if you don't have anything nice to say......  I will likely get in trouble for this.  I admit I  have put toes over the line  . Sometimes I feel like this is Disneyland or some fantasy world. I guess if you speak the truth and its not nice you are wrong, wrong, wrong. I don't want to argue but life is not a fairytale. I'm trying to think of a "better " way to explain this but I  cant at the moment.   I am not  trying to suggest we insult each other constantly but isn't reality a part of life?  

Cristy tells it like it is and that is a fact. She can be right a lot as well. 🙂  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure exactly what happened to punish Cristy, but after a time and some thought, perhaps another chance should be granted! As Katherine has pointed out, we all make mistakes and at some time, deserve another opportunity to make amends! Total banishment seems quite harsh! Just my 2 cents worth! I would love to have either Notch or Greenteal interviewed! Both fine members who add SO MUCH to Lyla!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Katherine of Halifax said:

Well all my comments have to be approved prior to them being made public.  Fine and dandy I  accept that like all my knuckle wraps. I understand the rule if you don't have anything nice to say......  I will likely get in trouble for this.  I admit I  have put toes over the line  . Sometimes I feel like this is Disneyland or some fantasy world. I guess if you speak the truth and its not nice you are wrong, wrong, wrong. I don't want to argue but life is not a fairytale. I'm trying to think of a "better " way to explain this but I  cant at the moment.   I am not  trying to suggest we insult each other constantly but isn't reality a part of life?  

Cristy tells it like it is and that is a fact. She can be right a lot as well. 🙂  

     I understand your frustration, but there ways to be blunt and honest without crossing the line. Using humor and constructive arguments helps smooth out comments that could otherwise be taken the wrong way. Also, it's far more acceptable to post general criticism than target a single person. This approach worked relatively well for me so far, even if I received my share of slaps on the wrist.

     

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lyla will not be the same without Greanteal and NotchJohnson 🥰.  Have not met Greanteal yet but NotchJohnson is a gentleman and oh...cute too 😉

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Katherine of Halifax said:

Well all my comments have to be approved prior to them being made public.  Fine and dandy I  accept that like all my knuckle wraps. I understand the rule if you don't have anything nice to say......  I will likely get in trouble for this.  I admit I  have put toes over the line  . Sometimes I feel like this is Disneyland or some fantasy world. I guess if you speak the truth and its not nice you are wrong, wrong, wrong. I don't want to argue but life is not a fairytale. I'm trying to think of a "better " way to explain this but I  cant at the moment.   I am not  trying to suggest we insult each other constantly but isn't reality a part of life?  

Cristy tells it like it is and that is a fact. She can be right a lot as well. 🙂  

Hey Katherine,

Pre-approval isn't on for you btw - that's only for new members and recommendation threads 🙂 I agree with you that reality is a part of life which is why we're trying to do realistic interviews showing the raw, human side to the industry. I wouldn't want this board to be always fluffy and positive because that's just not realistic and not necessarily healthy either, I don't think.

As for Cristy, I don't know her personally and I'm sure she's a great lady. But she's consistently written negative things about Lyla so I can't imagine she would want to be part of the community again. If that changes I'd welcome her to send me a message on Twitter but until then can we please refrain from discussing her as I don't want this to turn gossipy. 

Thank you! ❤️ 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notch, Greanteal or Roaming Guy are all good long term members but I have not been around in quite a while so I will leave the nominations to others.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lydiahardwood said:

We are more than half way through the month - can you believe it?! Get your nominations in guys 🙂

I'd like to nominate @OldandNerdy

Hes such a sweet gem and always stays open minded and honest. So glad to have him as a member of this lovely community. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SarahAlexxx said:

I'd like to nominate @OldandNerdy

Hes such a sweet gem and always stays open minded and honest. So glad to have him as a member of this lovely community. 

tenor.gif

 

Edited by OldandNerdy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...