highlights of the day

Well I just got off an Early morning flight and while I did not sleep much last night I did sleep on the plane which is always a blessing...but the highlight is not that I got some sleep but the fact that as I woke up I vividly recall the dream I was having about an amazing time with a special lady.

So while I am still tired I have a huge smile on my face as I start my day and go to my first meeting.

The smile is of course because of the great dream but the best part is the fact the dream was in fact just a memory of my meeting with this extraordinary lady yesterday.... WOW... i will be reliving the time with her all day... lol no all week.

Highlight of the Day...All of my Christmas shopping is now done

For most everyone (family) shopping is obligatory but for friends it's a joy

A smiling RG

• Like 1

A very nice interaction at a grocery store this morning with a lovely fellow customer, we smiled, we laughed, we flirted and we exchanged coupons.

Peace

MG

Highlight of the Day...All of my Christmas shopping is now done

For most everyone (family) shopping is obligatory but for friends it's a joy

A smiling RG

Done Xmas shopping eh ? Dec. 2nd. Hmmm....to word this properly.....YOU SUCK !!! Ha ha.

Oh kidding. Good on ya RG !! I'll start shopping round abouts Dec 21st once I finish up my bag of 98 halloween chocolate bars ;)

• Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

I admit I live a comfortable life, solid roof above, full cupboards at home, 3 cars in the laneway, and on and on. However at this time of year we start to hear about the less fortunate, especially those with children who are struggling to make ends meet and don't know what Christmas is going to be like. I'm a strong believer in giving and helping people in need and putting a smile on their face. To make a long story short, I had a family already in my sight, and today with assistance from an angel I made a donation of hundreds of dollars with the express understanding that it go for gifts for the kids. I know in my heart that some kids are going to have a better Christmas than would have otherwise been possible. Maybe it's my social conscience taking over, regardless it's the highlight of my day.

Yesterday before the social, a really good regular of mine surprised me with a stretch limo to attend the social.

There is nothing like having champagne int he back of a limo, driving in the downtown core, giggling like a schoolgirl

and feeling so vip when arriving at the social :D

I had a rather pleasant experience the other day when I was getting ready for the Ottawa social. I don't know if you've had this experience, but I've been unable to find a set of my car keys for about six months, couldn't find but not lost. Anyway, I pulled a blazer out of the closet, put it on, and reached into the pocket and low and behold the keys. Shows you how often I put on a blazer since I retired.

Just taking a drive in the country.

Stopped right now enjoying a Timmies dark roast and surfing Lyla.com on my

phone (don't text/post and drive...safety message of the day)

Going to drive to the cheese factory next pick up some 5yr old cheddar and then head home

RG

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Just visited my "Second Mom" and she is not doing very well. I kind of figure it will be the last time she will recognize me. . I do believe it will be another one those Decembers where I will not be celebrating the Holiday once again.

It was nice having breakfast with a lovely cerb lady whom I have not seen for a while. We had a lot to catch up.

• Like 1

This is actually four highlights and two different days so it's a stretch.

#1 Getting to share wine, time and companionship with an exciting lovely woman.

#2 Having the opportunity to take said woman to dinner.

#3 Actually being able to have a drink at the Social plus winning a door prize!

#4 Getting a call from the establishment where we had dinner and learning I'd won a free dinner for two.

Nice

• Like 5

Guest D***el B***e

There's nothing like an office Christmas lunch, with a few drinks, and then back to the office. We've been doing nothing but chatting and laughing since we came back. Great afternoon!!!

Yesterday was fabulous, I met two new wonderful friends from here and one kindly left me extra so I could donate to a charity of my choice. Thank you to them both. There are some big hearts lurking here:)

• Like 2

Spending my special day with my special lovely lady! :icon_biggrin:

Live can not be more meaningful than this..

• Like 1

Went through Tim Horton drive thru earlier this evening and when I got to the window, the girl said the person ahead of me paid for my coffee. So I paid for the 3 vehicles behind me. Pay it forward!

Additional Comments:

Wow! Its happened again! Bought two turkeys at grocery store because I'm having 15 people for xmas dinner and the lady in front of me paid for them. It was $75! Time to pay it forward again. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 3

at my new farm they found a couple of things wrong. nothing major, nothing that you would even notice. so rather then have them fixed the sellers knocked 5k off the purchase price. :)

reducing the mortgage amount by 5k is a gigantic savings in the long run :)

Had my turkey fix last night.... Whole family was there which is rare :)))

Thx to a good friend who's kids are all growed up worked the morning for me so I could spend Xmas morning with my kids. :) Was awesome !! Now back at work for the next 10 days.....which is also good cause I always find the post-xmas season kinda hum-drumish so work, my truck and my office is my "comfort zone"

No I'm not Scrooge but Christmas almost over. Surviving...so far two days away with

family...also known as two days in hell LOL

Tomorrow back home YAY!!!

RG