What is for supper tonight?

Bacon/Tomato sandwich on pumpernickel

followed by mixed berries

Washed down with a cold bottle of water, one of many I had today

RG

I made home-made panzerotti. Deep fried dough...so good. Stuffed with pepperoni, hot italian sausage, bacon, jalapenos, red onions and kalamata olives. And of course sauce and cheese. Messy clean up but totally worth it.

Tonight I bought a boneless lamb roast ($32!!!), chopped 1/2 of it into cubes (put the rest in the freezer for another day), cut off the fat, marinated the lamb in red wine, soya sauce, Worchester sauce, and seasoned it with black pepper, a pinch of salt, paprika, and fresh garden mint, chives, and thyme.

I then wrapped each cube of meat up in a grape leaf (harvested from a grape vine I'm growing around my front porch) and placed them on skewers alternating the meat with mushrooms, zucchinis, and onions.

I just popped them in the oven and am baking them at 350F.

The grape leaves add flavour and ensure that the meat is tender and moist.

Will serve with rice and a Greek salad.

Oh, I also wrapped half of the rice up in grape leaves as well (kind of like a cabbage roll but grape leaves taste better than cabbage) and am cooking it at the bottom of the bowl in which the lamb is baking.

I've made this before, but with pork, not sure how it will work with lamb. My kids loved it except for my youngest. I eat the grape leaves and the meat. My kids peeled off the leaves, but did enjoy the meat, but that's ok.

Chicken wings ... the real things. Sorry Christine ... no faux wings involving cauliflower trying to engage in some sort of mission impossible masquerade.

Washed down with a cold beer, and later on there is partridgeberry pie. For those of you who have not visited the Rock ... partridgeberries are definitely a good reason for a visit.

Porthos

• Like 1

Having chicken and pineapple kebabs on the bbq marinaded in white wine and olive oil with peppers , mushrooms and onion , fresh basil from the garden with fresh parsley green onion rice and a nice red wine with brushetta on ciabatta made from tomatoes also from the garden . You can use white but i like the red because it makes me Horny .......

Roasted seasoned lamb chops, steamed carrots and assorted berries for desert, yummy and healthy. I like my new rice cooker/steamer so much. So many healthy things I can do with it.

Starting with lunch first. Lucked out in the grocery store, pumpernickel bread fresh from the bakery department, still warm, so BLT's on pumpernickel for lunch...YUMMMMM!!!

Then for supper thick tasty T-bone steak on the bbq, corn on the cob, and homemade potato salad followed by fresh sliced peaches with homemade whipped cream.

Kinda makes up for me having to give up my quiet weekend at home for a family gathering although I had to do the bbqing

But didn't have to do the dishes

RG

Chipotle Maple side ribs with baby potatoes and candied carrots. Washing it down with a mid-priced NZ Chardonnay.

Went to lovely St Andrews today, ate a little quaint spot. Was such a cool place, very open to the outside overlooking the bay. The had the coolest touch to it, blankets that hung on the walls just in case you find it chilly, lol..

I have crab cakes and fresh tomato soup:)

Additional Comments:

Went to lovely St Andrews today, ate a little quaint spot. Was such a cool place, very open to the outside overlooking the bay. The had the coolest touch to it, blankets that hung on the walls just in case you find it chilly, lol..

I have crab cakes and fresh tomato soup:)

Pan seared Atlantic salmon on whole grain fettucini with steamed veg (baby spinach, asparagus, julienne carrot, onions, garlic, etc), olive oil & white wine. Paired with a nice tall glass of ice cold milk :)

tumblr_mqnpe9RUwv1s37j8no3_r1_500.jpg

• Like 3

Made marinated baked porkchops and green beans with lemon and garlic. The sauce marinated over the porkchops is to die for and so easy to make! This would also go well with wild rice but I`m watching my carb intake.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Marinated-Baked-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx?evt19=1

Guest D***el B***e

Chicken brochette on the bbq, marinated vegetables, green salad with onion and parmesan cheese, washed it all down with champagne ... sorry it was a birthday party! I don't have champagne every Sunday night - lol lol

Guest Ot**w***og****n

Oh my....enjoy! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Potato & cheddar perogies with caramelized onions and sour cream.

potato_cheddar_perogies-thumb-610xauto-177707.jpg

OMFG, can't wait!! :biggrin: Yum, yum, yum.

Additional Comments:

For me tonight: Cajun pork loin, baked potatoes, tomatoes and cucumbers and some white wine to wash it down with. I ran out of rice...damn it!

Tonight was a classic hearty soup, using a family recipe passed down! Using lots of fresh veggies from the garden, a beautiful soup bone and barley the base was a homemade beef broth! Very healthy and DELICIOUS ;)